Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th February 2020, 10.09:21   #37-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Twitter: @

Default Re: The fixtures ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
Forget about the past and the 'management' Its players that win matches.

The next three games offer a massive opportunity - even to the extent of three wins !!!!! Then the troubles will be all but over.
They won't be over or go away until their is much needed changes to how the club is run, constantly wasting money giving out stupid long contracts to the likes of Hughes, Barton etc etc

Lack of communication by the boards and their arrogant attitude to the fans.

No bigger critic of Keates than me, but if he proves me wrong gets us promoted or near to next season then I will eat humble pie, but it took Dixie to have a word with him to change his negative style of hoofball, his use of substitutes is still poor.

I don't think we would of gone down even under Hughes it was having Dibble in the goal and a lack of confidence by the players, yes Hughes made some bad signings but he should never of been even interviewed never mind given the opportunity to manage us and an incompetent 3.5 yrs contract.

Also when Keates cameback his contract should of been until the end of season and review after him walking out last time he to should never of been considered.

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 25th February 2020 at 10.13:38.. Reason: Predictive text on a mobile phone hard to see as it won't let me change from pc to the mobile
Old 25th February 2020, 10.32:32   #38-0 (permalink)
Administrator

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Majority of the squad almost won the league the season before. Keep the excuses rolling.

I notice you stop short of pointing the finger of blame at the real culprits for this mess, the club board. Can't think why?

And then the decent ones left and the manager gave the remainder two year deals. In addition the manager who "almost won the league" with them the season before was taking them down and was sacked.
As for pointing the finger at the board? They aren't being discussed here but, just for information, I am not a member of the WST at the moment. As such I am not going to slag them off no matter what my views are on them.

Last edited by bartonbank; 25th February 2020 at 10.34:05..
Old 25th February 2020, 10.49:49   #39-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Absolutely. But you're trying to deal with people here who are easily brainwashed by a bit of Bartonbank WST sponsored propaganda and fans who consistently choose to ignore the league table and prefer to look at hand picked 'stats'.

Keates took us to rock bottom, he had zero impact when he came in and actually made the situation worse. And is now just about keeping us out of the relegation zone by a huge two points after throwing a load of money at it in January. And even now we're woefully short in defence so the squad is a few injuries away from being thrown into crisis again.
If a centre back gets injured, Pearson in particular, we're screwed.
We have one fit left back and a young CB playing out of position at RB.

We're still deep in the mire but the WST sponsored propaganda has started already with elections due in the summer. The desperation to make Keates out to be some sort of inspired appointment who is 'taking the club forward' is frankly quite laughable and utterly flawed.
You are so patronising yet whine like a child as soon as someone does similar to yourself.

We all get the league table is the only barometer of performance that matters. You though are like a horse with blinkers on and are unable to see or accept anything that you are directly focussed on or challenges your view on a situation. So when someone like BB posts some facts you just scream and shout out this is propaganda - this is a shame as on occasion you do make some good points.

I agree that we are still deep in the mire and I'd also agree that Keates was not an inspiring choice but you are being churlish to suggest that this club has not moved forward from where it was when Hughes left.
Old 25th February 2020, 10.58:27   #40-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartonbank View Post
And then the decent ones left and the manager gave the remainder two year deals. In addition the manager who "almost won the league" with them the season before was taking them down and was sacked.
As for pointing the finger at the board? They aren't being discussed here but, just for information, I am not a member of the WST at the moment. As such I am not going to slag them off no matter what my views are on them.
Non-members have a right to criticise the board at the club they support. Especially if they pay good money to watch matches.
Old 25th February 2020, 10.58:29   #41-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartonbank View Post
What the hell has being a member or not got to do with it?

You use the phrase 'slag them off' a better choice of words would be 'hold them to account'.
Old 25th February 2020, 10.59:28   #42-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn View Post
Non-members have a right to criticise the board at the club they support. Especially if they pay good money to watch matches.
Correct. They also have the right not to.
Old 25th February 2020, 11.10:10   #43-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
You are so patronising yet whine like a child as soon as someone does similar to yourself.

We all get the league table is the only barometer of performance that matters. You though are like a horse with blinkers on and are unable to see or accept anything that you are directly focussed on or challenges your view on a situation. So when someone like BB posts some facts you just scream and shout out this is propaganda - this is a shame as on occasion you do make some good points.

I agree that we are still deep in the mire and I'd also agree that Keates was not an inspiring choice but you are being churlish to suggest that this club has not moved forward from where it was when Hughes left.
Calm down, I don't want an argument with you, its futile. Your attempt to get a bite from me is also futile. So please stop whining at me because you think I'm 'whining'. Its called an opinion, spot the difference.

Your point is flawed because the club has not moved forward since Hughes left because we're still deep in the mire, which you've said yourself. Odd.

When Hughes was sacked - deep in a relegation battle.
Months later after Keates has made numerous signings etc - deep in a relegation battle.
So we've moved forward to where? To the exact same situation we were in when Hughes left.
You've contradicted yourself in your last paragraph.
Old 25th February 2020, 11.15:03   #44-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Calm down, I don't want an argument with you, its futile. Your attempt to get a bite from me is also futile. So please stop whining at me because you think I'm 'whining'. Its called an opinion, spot the difference.

Your point is flawed because the club has not moved forward since Hughes left because we're still deep in the mire, which you've said yourself. Odd.

When Hughes was sacked - deep in a relegation battle.
Months later after Keates has made numerous signings etc - deep in a relegation battle.
So we've moved forward to where? To the exact same situation we were in when Hughes left.
You've contradicted yourself in your last paragraph.
I'm not trying to get you to bite or moaning. I can deal with a difference in opinion but I also like a willingness to listen to other people's opinion rather than the ranting you employ.

Your post above proves just that. You have a simplistic black and white view of the world. therefore, you are correct, it's entirely futile having a conversation with you because you are unable to see anything from anyone else's point of view.
Old 25th February 2020, 11.24:18   #45-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
I'm not trying to get you to bite or moaning. I can deal with a difference in opinion but I also like a willingness to listen to other people's opinion rather than the ranting you employ.

Your post above proves just that. You have a simplistic black and white view of the world. therefore, you are correct, it's entirely futile having a conversation with you because you are unable to see anything from anyone else's point of view.
I see other peoples point of view on this but its nonsense because our situation remains unchanged. Dig out all the stats you want, it doesn't change anything.

Its nothing to do with having a simplistic black and white view of the world either. That's just stupid. It just happens that this is simple to asses without scratching around for stats.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.09:22.