RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   The fixtures ahead (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115438-fixtures-ahead.html)

Inside Left 21st February 2020 09.01:35

The fixtures ahead

The fixtures ahead must give the club a sporting chance of climbing the table away from danger.

The luck of the fixtures are with Wrexham when you see the current form of the next 3 teams that they take on. At the members meeting the 'football director' thought the games ahead were a real challenge but having studied the form of the upcoming opponents its all there to win and Wrexham catch them out when those teams are all on one of their worst runs of form this season

Bromley first up - 4 losses and 1 draw in the last 5 games

Yeovil second up - Zero wins and 3 draws.

Eastleigh 2 losses 2 draws and just 1 win

In summery out of the last 15 games these teams have managed just ONE WIN in a combined last 15 games -

Onwards and upwards to safety !!!!!!!

Red Light 21st February 2020 09.13:22

Re: The fixtures ahead

I agree - it's all about the here and now - current form.

I think we have had some bad luck on occasions this season - we have met teams who have just changed their manager or who are bang in form at the wrong time for us.

I just hope we gain sufficient points early enough and are safe with 3 matches to go which will help settle nerves.

Last three of the season.

Barnet (Away)
Notts County (Home)
Stockport County (Away)

Having 2 of the last 3 away from home and needing a good points haul to stay up will be a nightmare.

Having said that, despite people constantly having a pop at Keates and co - it wasn't long back that we were firmly set in the bottom four and I think 5 points behind Fylde - the good thing now is that we have hauled ourselves up and dragged many other clubs into the mix - 3 points and we could overtake about 5 other clubs - we have a far better chance now.

Back of the Kop 21st February 2020 12.24:52

[QUOTE=Red Light;2344755]I agree - it's all about the here and now - current form.

I think we have had some bad luck on occasions this season - we have met teams who have just changed their manager or who are bang in form at the wrong time for us.

I just hope we gain sufficient points early enough and are safe with 3 matches to go which will help settle nerves.

Last three of the season.

Barnet (Away)
Notts County (Home)
Stockport County (Away)

Having 2 of the last 3 away from home and needing a good points haul to stay up will be a nightmare.

Having said that, despite people constantly having a pop at Keates and co - it wasn't long back that we were firmly set in the bottom four and I think 5 points behind Fylde - the good thing now is that we have hauled ourselves up and dragged many other clubs into the mix - 3 points and we could overtake about 5 other clubs - we have a far better chance now.[/QUOTE]

This club is a basket case and no wonder with posts like this.Are you on our board by any chance ?

Talk about rose tinted specs.

As soon as you said we've been unlucky you lost me.

There is no bad luck about where Wrexham FC currently finds itself

It's nothing short of a fliping disgrace

Hometown Unicorn 21st February 2020 12.32:22

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2344810]This club is a basket case and no wonder with posts like this.Are you on our board by any chance ?

Talk about rose tinted specs.

As soon as you said we've been unlucky you lost me.

There is no bad luck about where Wrexham FC currently finds itself

It's nothing short of a fliping disgrace[/QUOTE]

I am all for a bit of optimism but talking about bad luck as if we are the only club to get it is bonkers.

TWREX 21st February 2020 13.00:15

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2344754]The fixtures ahead must give the club a sporting chance of climbing the table away from danger.

The luck of the fixtures are with Wrexham when you see the current form of the next 3 teams that they take on. At the members meeting the 'football director' thought the games ahead were a real challenge but having studied the form of the upcoming opponents its all there to win and Wrexham catch them out when those teams are all on one of their worst runs of form this season

Bromley first up - 4 losses and 1 draw in the last 5 games

Yeovil second up - Zero wins and 3 draws.

Eastleigh 2 losses 2 draws and just 1 win

In summery out of the last 15 games these teams have managed just ONE WIN in a combined last 15 games -

Onwards and upwards to safety !!!!!!![/QUOTE]

You paint a very rosey picture there but when they come up against our super wing backs we shall see! Hope your right though.

Inside Left 21st February 2020 13.10:13

[QUOTE=TWREX;2344819]You paint a very rosey picture there but when they come up against our super wing backs we shall see! Hope your right though.[/QUOTE]

I do paint rosy pictures don't I. Am a glass half full type of person. Didn't get where I am today by being a pessimist . :) Always look on the bright side of life.

fluffysheepsupporter 21st February 2020 14.15:07

Nothing on the club website about rearranging Torquay at home . Anyone hearing when that is likely ?

the sleeping giant dies 21st February 2020 14.50:37

How often do you see wxm go up against a team that have not won for a few games only to see them beat us

northwalian dragon 21st February 2020 15.30:52

[QUOTE=Red Light;2344755]

Having said that, despite people constantly having a pop at Keates and co - it wasn't long back that we were firmly set in the bottom four and I think 5 points behind Fylde - the good thing now is that we have hauled ourselves up and dragged many other clubs into the mix - 3 points and we could overtake about 5 other clubs - we have a far better chance now.[/QUOTE]

You're joking right?!

Keates took over when we were 5th from bottom. He then dragged us all the way down to rock bottom. Last place. The lowest point in our history.

He consistently loses against teams in and around us dragging us deeper into a relegation scrap.

He's been absolute garbage since the day he came back and needs to be given the boot as a priority.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.13:00.