RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Doug Tharme Loan to Radcliffe (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115439-doug-tharme-loan-radcliffe.html)

Back of the Kop 29th February 2020 13.08:51

Re: Doug Tharme Loan to Radcliffe

[QUOTE=jacthelad;2346055]Robbie evans and johnny hunt must be the last ones??[/QUOTE]

If true, and no reason to doubt as I can't think of any others, it's an absolute scandal.

Have we completely ditched the youth set up now ?

Can anyone seriously tell me that not one player from the Werxham and surrounding North Wales area has been good enough to stay in the first team of a 5th tier club for over 5 years ? An area that has bred such players as Mark Hughes, Ian Rush, Michael Owen, Kevin Ratcliffe, Nev Southall , Mickey Thomas and the legendary Joey Jones

Are the people responsible for the youth set up at all accountable ?

Just sayin

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 29th February 2020 14.25:11

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2346065]If true, and no reason to doubt as I can't think of any others, it's an absolute scandal.

Have we completely ditched the youth set up now ?

Can anyone seriously tell me that not one player from the Werxham and surrounding North Wales area has been good enough to stay in the first team of a 5th tier club for over 5 years ? An area that has bred such players as Mark Hughes, Ian Rush, Michael Owen, Kevin Ratcliffe, Nev Southall , Mickey Thomas and the legendary Joey Jones

Are the people responsible for the youth set up at all accountable ?

Just sayin[/QUOTE]

It's pretty much been ditched, our board like with many things have all the excuses and keep trotting them out however flawed they are. No shame.

People will go on about league funding, at present we wouldn't even qualify immediately after promotion. A hell of a lot of work to do with weeks rather than months to meet the deadline.

That 'tinpot' league in our home nation has better academies by far, we no longer have the best academy in north Wales nor one of the top ones outside the championship in the north west. Colliers was used once as a satellite training ground by Manchester United for it's academy until such setups were banned, that's how highly regarded our CoE and former training ground was.

Back of the Kop 29th February 2020 14.38:55

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2346080]It's pretty much been ditched, our board like with many things have all the excuses and keep trotting them out however flawed they are. No shame.

People will go on about league funding, at present we wouldn't even qualify immediately after promotion. A hell of a lot of work to do with weeks rather than months to meet the deadline.

That 'tinpot' league in our home nation has better academies by far, we no longer have the best academy in north Wales nor one of the top ones outside the championship in the north west. Colliers was used once as a satellite training ground by Manchester United for it's academy until such setups were banned, that's how highly regarded our CoE and training ground was.[/QUOTE]

Even if this season represents our lowest ebb I feel that it will take at least 10-15 more years of hard work just to get back to where we were in the late 90's under Flynn in League One

I don't feel we will do this under the WST based on the past 7 years .......anyone disagree ?

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 29th February 2020 14.47:57

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2346092]Even if this season represents our lowest ebb I feel that it will take at least 10-15 more years of hard work just to get back to where we were in the late 90's under Flynn in League One

I don't feel we will do this under the WST based on the past 7 years .......anyone disagree ?[/QUOTE]

I think it could work, trouble is we have too many negative people on the both boards who only look for vanity projects like the Kop our spending good money trying to get the odd Wales international. Another friendly is scheduled for May which will most likely be away, but if that deal falls through ot will be played at home. It'll be telling if The Racecourse misses out on that friendly game with other due at the Liberty and Cardiff City stadiums.

The CoE and first team should come first, also the disabled viewing platform, not international standard dugouts! The food kiosks need sorting out and have done for years, nothing done and income being lost again!

Back of the Kop 29th February 2020 15.02:23

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2346106]I think it could work, trouble is we have too many negative people on the both boards who only look for vanity projects like the Kop our spending good money trying to get the odd Wales international. Another friendly is scheduled for May which will most likely be away, but if that deal falls through ot will be played at home. It'll be telling if The Racecourse misses out on that friendly game with other due at the Liberty and Cardiff City stadiums.

The CoE and first team should come first, also the disabled viewing platform, not international standard dugouts! The food kiosks need sorting out and have done for years, nothing done and income being lost again![/QUOTE]

Agree.Priorities are simply all over the shop with no apparent rationale for baffling decisions on how OUR money is spent

NottsRed 29th February 2020 20.46:12

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2346106]I think it could work, trouble is we have too many negative people on the both boards who only look for vanity projects like the Kop our spending good money trying to get the odd Wales international. Another friendly is scheduled for May which will most likely be away, but if that deal falls through ot will be played at home. It'll be telling if The Racecourse misses out on that friendly game with other due at the Liberty and Cardiff City stadiums.

The CoE and first team should come first, also the disabled viewing platform, not international standard dugouts! The food kiosks need sorting out and have done for years, nothing done and income being lost again![/QUOTE]

IMHo opinion the Kop project should be put on hold until we at least get back into L2 (whenever that is).

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.38:40.