Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th February 2020, 17.58:56   #1-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: MOLD ROAD
Twitter: @

Default Macron shirts

Is it me, or are the Ifor William's transfers on the shirts sh*t?. This is the third shirt I've owned now, and after one 30 degree wash the transfer is already showing signs of flaking. Never, ever have I had problems with previous suppliers of our shirts. I for one, will not be buying no more crap from Macron. Would appreciate other members views on our current supplier, and if they've had the same problem.
Old 20th February 2020, 18.04:44   #2-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Default Re: Macron shirts

Same problems, I always buy my 2 lads wrexham shirts and these macron ones are the only ones I’ve had problems with, poor quality and with everything at Wrexham FC cheap cheap and cheap. I will not be buying anymore.
Old 20th February 2020, 18.12:16   #3-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

They're shiiite
Old 20th February 2020, 18.25:15   #4-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: yale

Macron will be here for a while.. as long as spencer at co get their annual Portugal trip

The shirts are the worst in the whole time I have supported wrexham.. I won’t buy another
Old 20th February 2020, 18.44:54   #5-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Cold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyred View Post
Is it me, or are the Ifor William's transfers on the shirts sh*t?. This is the third shirt I've owned now, and after one 30 degree wash the transfer is already showing signs of flaking. Never, ever have I had problems with previous suppliers of our shirts. I for one, will not be buying no more crap from Macron. Would appreciate other members views on our current supplier, and if they've had the same problem.
The transfer's have been rubbish for years, especially the Ifor Williams ones.
Old 20th February 2020, 19.07:41   #6-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

House is full of them from last few years.

No problem whatsoever with the sponsors label / transfer - (although blue on red is a hideous combination).

Could it be a particular batch / delivery or how some people wash them ?

I am sure we ended up with Macron as the previous supplier repeatedly let us down and couldn't provide us with the kit when we wanted it and in sufficient numbers.

As a suggestion it might be worthwhile going back to the club shop with receipt and shirt and point out the fault - perhaps Geoff Scott could get involved - it's no use if the shirts are substandard and Macron never get to know about it - perhaps if they are told there is a problem they can look to rectify it - especially if we continue to use them as the same problem will continue to reoccur.
Old 20th February 2020, 19.15:15   #7-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End

They are terrible, purchased myself and the two kids one and they all perished in 2/3 washes and you see loads of tatty looking ones at the games.

Not bought any now for two seasons so buying cheap has cost the club six shirt sales in the last 24 months plus had I gone in to get some I would of likely picked up more merchandise.

It’s a terrible attitude as a business to not care on the quality of materials sold, you make a fast buck first time but in the long term you lose customer loyalty and faith in your product.
Old 20th February 2020, 20.03:32   #8-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand

It’s a tricky one this.

I raised this a year or so ago I think, and Geoff Scott gave an excellent, thorough and fair reply, on RP.

I can’t remember much from before each time I swim round my goldfish bowl LoL.

But I think the gist of it was the level of service to the club is second to none, vs the other manufacturers.

That’s in pricing, availability of replica shirts pre season rather than four months into the season (!), further batches always available on request (which the likes of Nike and Adidas and Umbro were poor on - basically once the initial batch had gone, getting any more was a nightmare), provision of other clothing for the season from macron is a wider range too (coats, rain jackets, training gear, shorts, etc), and I think some other pluses too, of working with Macron, which I can’t remember sorry.

I’m with the other fans here in feeling that some of the macron shirts aren’t so great. I do prefer my old Nike and Adidas replica shirts. Something about the quality of the material, I dunno. And yet I do have other macron gear for a couple of local clubs I have operated at, and those shirts, shorts and coats have aged very well!

Maybe as one of our fans suggested, we might have had an unlucky batch here and there, particularly with regard to the transfers for the Ifor Williams Trailers sponsor on the front. I’m sure the club and IWT themselves will be very disappointed to hear this, as it doesn’t reflect well on the sponsor does it. And let’s face it, IWT have been very good to us.

I’m sure the club will review this situation.

In my experience macron do try very hard to provide a good service, they’ll take the feedback on board, and look, they’ll go again next season! (Sorry, naughty!).

Sorry to hear of people’s bad experience, no one wants this, not the club, the fans, the kids.

I’m sure it will be seriously looked at.

Keep the faith, all. COYR.

Last edited by WrexSi; 20th February 2020 at 20.05:29..
Old 20th February 2020, 20.12:41   #9-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

In a minority clearly but I think they're ok.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.40:03.