RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Changes? What changes??? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115458-changes-what-changes.html)

The Only Way Is Up 27th February 2020 12.55:05

Changes? What changes???

It's gone pretty quiet on the topic of poor Board directors, poor coaching, and investment needed - all in less than a week.

We won our last game - perhaps surprisingly - but the effect it has had here on RP is quite remarkable.

We are a fickle lot - everyone knows it - so is it any surprise really that little changes in reality however much we huff and puff as the powers-that-be can just say "let the fans stew for a bit; we don't need to do anything in a hurry; after another win they'll shut up again for a while."

Are they correct? What are our opinions - really?

Take the coaching as an example.
An old thread, nearly 2.5 years old: [url]www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110374-carl-darlington-x-factor-3.html[/url] heaps praise on Darlington and Keates. What a difference we've seen this season! Same two, returning like boomerangs, same top-table at the Board... maybe they are right, maybe it is the fans that are wrong to complain. Really?

No investment... but how much is needed to make a real difference? Watch that name Darlington crop up again soon.

subbuteorob 27th February 2020 13.02:53

Re: Changes? What changes???

Form comes and goes. There has been a tinkering around the edges with new signings but fundamentally not a great deal has changed. There has been improvement but you might as well roll a dice to work out what the next result will be.

Worryingly we are still only 2 points from the relegation zone even with that win at Bromley.

It wouldn't take much loss of form to plunge us back in there.

It's going to be very tight in my opinion.

Phils-an-alki 27th February 2020 13.08:53

All those Pep D myths pedalled by the usual mob on that old thread have been well and truly busted now.

Nothing has changed and that's exactly why we are where we are today.

A badly run club will sooner or later be reflected on the pitch.

OneLoveWrexham 27th February 2020 13.10:13

Yeah I agree, no changes are required. The board and management team have done a fantastic job to get us 2 points out of the relegation spot, I’d offer Keates the key to Wrexham and build a statue of Spencer outside his office in the Yale stand fantastic stuff.

REDGOG 27th February 2020 14.09:12

The only change that matters is getting back in to the league.

After 12/13 years (8/9 under WST control) we are no nearer to getting where we want to be.

How we get there?
Carry on as we have for the last decade and hope for the best?
Look at what is not working and change it?.

Worryingly the perceived wisdom from the board is that we are just unlucky and there is no requirement for any major changes.There has been a move to justify no change from the board, in part based on statistics pushed by Spencer at the last few meeting.

Based on our lack of success changes are required but I am not holding my breath. I just hope we get lucky next season.

EnglishRed 27th February 2020 14.41:17

The problem I have with the common Darlington criticisms is that they seems completely contradictory.

On one hand people blame him for our overly negative tactics. But he was a coach here for some of the time when Wilkin was here, as well as Ricketts and Hughes. It seems to me the defensive tactics are purely a Keates thing. He's criticised for coaching the players in a way that ruins their progression, but he's also criticised for only being here apart time.

It just seems to me that, much like criticism levelled at assistant managers people actually have no clue what impact people like Darlington have or don't have. The same as people who praise him. We have no clue of his impact. He's been part of a coaching staff that has largely failed (because really anything other than promotion can be classed as failure and certainly a failure to challenge for promotion is quite clearly failure)

As pleased as I am that things seem to be getting better on the pitch (my view anyway) and I fully expect us to steer clear of relegation over the next few weeks. We as a fan base mustn't stop questioning the way the clubs been run over the last few seasons. There has to be accountability over a number of poor decisions. And not just managerial appointments, just a lot of the stuff the club has done over the last few seasons require answers.

Woody 27th February 2020 14.49:52

[QUOTE=The Only Way Is Up;2345786]It's gone pretty quiet on the topic of poor Board directors, poor coaching, and investment needed - all in less than a week.

We won our last game - perhaps surprisingly - but the effect it has had here on RP is quite remarkable.

We are a fickle lot - everyone knows it - so is it any surprise really that little changes in reality however much we huff and puff as the powers-that-be can just say "let the fans stew for a bit; we don't need to do anything in a hurry; after another win they'll shut up again for a while."

Are they correct? What are our opinions - really?

Take the coaching as an example.
An old thread, nearly 2.5 years old: [url]www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110374-carl-darlington-x-factor-3.html[/url] heaps praise on Darlington and Keates. What a difference we've seen this season! Same two, returning like boomerangs, same top-table at the Board... maybe they are right, maybe it is the fans that are wrong to complain. Really?

No investment... but how much is needed to make a real difference? Watch that name Darlington crop up again soon.[/QUOTE]

Tbh I wouldn’t say a fickle lot, after 12 years in the NL its incredible that fans still show up in numbers to support. Think it’s more a case that everyone’s so fed up with what’s been going on that it’s nice to have a mini break from the depression of it all. Change on the wst board is definitely needed. Great to see us playing some good stuff on the pitch :hurray:

the sleeping giant dies 27th February 2020 15.08:38

untill sat

The Method Maws 27th February 2020 15.16:57

I am a qualified football coach. I watched Darlington and Ball Blower Up Barrow deliver back to back sessions in Portugal. Darlingtons was light years ahead of Barrows. He is an excellent coach. A local lad and a fan too. An asset to the club if used correctly

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.18:17.