RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Eastleigh Thoughts and Predictions (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115478-eastleigh-thoughts-predictions.html)

Prodigal Dragon 6th March 2020 08.04:33

Eastleigh Thoughts and Predictions

After our disappointing defeat at Yeovil Town, the Spitfires sweep into town this weekend, all guns blazing after a last-minute win at Chorley.

We are still immersed in a relegation fight, yet all too often show little determination to pull away. There can be no excuses for this game: I don’t care if the play is turgid long-ball hoofs for 90 minutes, provided we win. However, our chances will improve if we keep the ball on the ground and Lainton doesn’t drop another ballock!

Wxm 2 Eastleigh 0

3,200 due to the rugby.

OneLoveWrexham 6th March 2020 08.22:56

Re: Eastleigh Thoughts and Predictions

Tough game, this is a must win game and nothing else is acceptable. 1-1 2900

krux 6th March 2020 08.25:02

Absolutely must win

NottsRed 6th March 2020 09.14:16

I've got a horrible feeling we are going to loose this one 1-2.

Hopefully we will have Carrington back in the squad but confidence seems to be wafer thin. All teams need to do with us is get through first 20 minutes pressure without conceding from us then turn the screw and we resort to hoofball.

Willywill 6th March 2020 09.21:10

A must win, but then again last time we played them at the Racecourse, it was a must win too. We have to take the game to them by playing attacking football on the floor. No parking any buses and playing negatively. But with Keates at the helm don’t expect him to play any Duncan MacKenzies! Not predicting anything, but I will be gutted if we don’t show ambition.

BillEBadass 6th March 2020 10.09:03

Outside of the play offs (remember them?) only two teams have lost less games than Eastleigh - they are obviously hard to beat.
Trying to predict any score at the moment is almost impossible as there appears to be no consistency either in attitude/performance/determination/leadership.
There may be other factors, but the manager should be on top of all these.

On our day we can play reasonably well and should win but this is a real '6 pointer'.
If I put a bet on it would be 1:1 but I hope we will shade it 2:1.

michaelps 6th March 2020 10.10:58

Like Bill, think it will be 1-1 but hope we win it by a goal; it is must win agreed.

Wiltshire_Red 6th March 2020 10.21:47

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2346897]I've got a horrible feeling we are going to loose this one 1-2.

Hopefully we will have Carrington back in the squad but confidence seems to be wafer thin. All teams need to do with us is get through first 20 minutes pressure without conceding from us then turn the screw and we resort to hoofball.[/QUOTE]

If we go behind then any confidence seems to evaporate, so very important we take the lead, otherwise it could be a struggle to get something out of the game.

When did we last come from behind to win a game?

joe 6th March 2020 10.42:32

Gonna stick my neck out and say we’ll lose this then go on to beat Barrow.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.12:47.