RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Eastleigh Thoughts and Predictions (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115478-eastleigh-thoughts-predictions.html)

Prodigal Dragon 6th March 2020 07.04:33

Eastleigh Thoughts and Predictions

After our disappointing defeat at Yeovil Town, the Spitfires sweep into town this weekend, all guns blazing after a last-minute win at Chorley.

We are still immersed in a relegation fight, yet all too often show little determination to pull away. There can be no excuses for this game: I don’t care if the play is turgid long-ball hoofs for 90 minutes, provided we win. However, our chances will improve if we keep the ball on the ground and Lainton doesn’t drop another ballock!

Wxm 2 Eastleigh 0

3,200 due to the rugby.

OneLoveWrexham 6th March 2020 07.22:56

Re: Eastleigh Thoughts and Predictions

Tough game, this is a must win game and nothing else is acceptable. 1-1 2900

krux 6th March 2020 07.25:02

Absolutely must win

NottsRed 6th March 2020 08.14:16

I've got a horrible feeling we are going to loose this one 1-2.

Hopefully we will have Carrington back in the squad but confidence seems to be wafer thin. All teams need to do with us is get through first 20 minutes pressure without conceding from us then turn the screw and we resort to hoofball.

Willywill 6th March 2020 08.21:10

A must win, but then again last time we played them at the Racecourse, it was a must win too. We have to take the game to them by playing attacking football on the floor. No parking any buses and playing negatively. But with Keates at the helm don’t expect him to play any Duncan MacKenzies! Not predicting anything, but I will be gutted if we don’t show ambition.

BillEBadass 6th March 2020 09.09:03

Outside of the play offs (remember them?) only two teams have lost less games than Eastleigh - they are obviously hard to beat.
Trying to predict any score at the moment is almost impossible as there appears to be no consistency either in attitude/performance/determination/leadership.
There may be other factors, but the manager should be on top of all these.

On our day we can play reasonably well and should win but this is a real '6 pointer'.
If I put a bet on it would be 1:1 but I hope we will shade it 2:1.

michaelps 6th March 2020 09.10:58

Like Bill, think it will be 1-1 but hope we win it by a goal; it is must win agreed.

Wiltshire_Red 6th March 2020 09.21:47

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2346897]I've got a horrible feeling we are going to loose this one 1-2.

Hopefully we will have Carrington back in the squad but confidence seems to be wafer thin. All teams need to do with us is get through first 20 minutes pressure without conceding from us then turn the screw and we resort to hoofball.[/QUOTE]

If we go behind then any confidence seems to evaporate, so very important we take the lead, otherwise it could be a struggle to get something out of the game.

When did we last come from behind to win a game?

joe 6th March 2020 09.42:32

Gonna stick my neck out and say we’ll lose this then go on to beat Barrow.

Phils-an-alki 6th March 2020 09.44:55

Got 0-0 written all over it, but saying that they're not great away from home like us so we might nick it 2-1.

boomer 6th March 2020 09.47:08

2-2

NottsRed 6th March 2020 10.14:14

[QUOTE=Wiltshire_Red;2346908]If we go behind then any confidence seems to evaporate, so very important we take the lead, otherwise it could be a struggle to get something out of the game.

When did we last come from behind to win a game?[/QUOTE]

No idea

Like I said there manager will have done his homework and will realise that confidence is key. They might even comes straight out the blocks and have a right go from the start. If they can get a goal it makes it very difficult for us.

petered 6th March 2020 10.52:09

[QUOTE=BillEBadass;2346905]Outside of the play offs (remember them?) only two teams have lost less games than Eastleigh - they are obviously hard to beat.
Trying to predict any score at the moment is almost impossible as there appears to be no consistency either in attitude/performance/determination/leadership.

On our day we can play reasonably well and should win but this is a real '6 pointer'.
If I put a bet on it would be 1:1 but I hope we will shade it 2:1.[/QUOTE]

So thats 9 teams better then. Seems a strange statistic to quote. Not being arsey just wondering what you mean.

totesey2 6th March 2020 11.38:47

Hopefully a 2-1 win, 3500 45 away.

John Neals Dynasty 6th March 2020 12.33:57

I will be there masochistic and any prediction would be like stick a tail on the donkey "although we have quite a few of those" what do know is anything less than a win then we will be deep in the brown stuff.

The sad thing from my point of view is I'm beginning to care less to what happens as each season passes, because without big changes we are heading in a downward spiral... A new Kop with amateurish non league hoofball a clown ringmaster and a hobbit as manager.

Corner Flag 6th March 2020 13.20:51

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2346933]I will be there masochistic and any prediction would be like stick a tail on the donkey "although we have quite a few of those" what do know is anything less than a win then we will be deep in the brown stuff.

The sad thing from my point of view is I'm beginning to care less to what happens as each season passes, because without big changes we are heading in a downward spiral... A new Kop with amateurish non league hoofball a clown ringmaster and a hobbit as manager.[/QUOTE]

Managed decline , rubbish management off and on the pitch has worn me down as well . I will be there hoping for a win and hopefully surviving in this league but its only time before we drop lower and that may be the end of my participation .

Cant believe what is and has been going on for over 10yrs at this club.

I see our club as a car with a clapped out engine with no brakes and constantly breaking down but the "owner " is more interested in a re-spray and extending the garage !

spuderz123 6th March 2020 16.12:01

We owe them one for the play offs.

Wrexham 2-0 Eastleigh

The Aqueduct and Jay Harris

Up the Town

Wrecsam91 6th March 2020 18.33:48

[QUOTE=Wiltshire_Red;2346908]If we go behind then any confidence seems to evaporate, so very important we take the lead, otherwise it could be a struggle to get something out of the game.

When did we last come from behind to win a game?[/QUOTE]

i believe the last time we came from behind to win a league game was the last game at home to Harrogate last season we are just too negative of a team

Vorporix 6th March 2020 18.46:25

1-1 3400

burtos 6th March 2020 18.47:45

Lose 2-1

krux 6th March 2020 18.59:50

[QUOTE=Wrecsam91;2346976]i believe the last time we came from behind to win a league game was the last game at home to Harrogate last season we are just too negative of a team[/QUOTE]

We came from behind to beat barrow opening day didn't we?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Inside Left 6th March 2020 19.01:39

Expecting a decent win and further movement from the drop zone. Might give it a miss as I want to avoid crowded places

Colomiers Phoenix 6th March 2020 19.11:44

cheeky 2 - 0 win, breathe easier

Banes Red 6th March 2020 19.41:44

Crucial opportunity tomorrow to get one of the minimum of three wins we need. Hopefully Carra back to provide more experience and stability. COYRs

northwalian dragon 6th March 2020 19.46:00

Should win

Anything but a win is a disaster

Wrecsam91 6th March 2020 19.46:05

[QUOTE=krux;2346982]We came from behind to beat barrow opening day didn't we?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

i stand corrected, that is still a poor record though

northwalian dragon 6th March 2020 20.30:29

Aldershot v Dagenham
Chorley v Chesterfield
Sutton v Torquay
Wrexham v Eastleigh

Big weekend in the relegation race

krux 6th March 2020 21.03:03

[QUOTE=Wrecsam91;2346990]i stand corrected, that is still a poor record though[/QUOTE]

Yeah, definitely. Quite remarkable the directions each teams season went after that day.

moynkeepthefaith 7th March 2020 06.24:56

[QUOTE=BillEBadass;2346905]Outside of the play offs (remember them?) only two teams have lost less games than Eastleigh - they are obviously hard to beat.

If I put a bet on it would be 1:1 but I hope we will shade it 2:1.[/QUOTE]

No other team in our league beginning with E has won more so we should be concerned :)
2-1 win crowd impacted by wales losing to England and the Keates boreona virus.

jacthelad 7th March 2020 06.44:33

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2346983]Expecting a decent win and further movement from the drop zone. Might give it a miss as I want to avoid crowded places[/QUOTE]

You should be fine at the game then

Prodigal Dragon 7th March 2020 06.53:02

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2347016]No other team in our league beginning with E has won more so we should be concerned :)
2-1 win crowd impacted by wales losing to England and the Keates boreona virus.[/QUOTE]

The Board will need to ‘self-isolate’ should Keates not deliver today. Let’s hope it’s Eastleigh who catch a cold.:eek:

Banes Red 7th March 2020 09.56:25

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2346995]Aldershot v Dagenham
Chorley v Chesterfield
Sutton v Torquay
Wrexham v Eastleigh

Big weekend in the relegation race[/QUOTE]

Not forgetting
Hartlepool v Ebbsfleet
Maidenhead v Boreham Wood

We need to win today

redavid 7th March 2020 10.37:22

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2346897]I've got a horrible feeling we are going to loose this one 1-2.

Hopefully we will have Carrington back in the squad but confidence seems to be wafer thin. All teams need to do with us is get through first 20 minutes pressure without conceding from us then turn the screw and we resort to hoofball.[/QUOTE]

Shows how low our expectations have become , Lose at home to Eastligh !! AGAIN !!:eek:

RedArmy123 7th March 2020 13.06:38

Regarding season tickets, mates got a mold road one today but wants to sit behind the goal, will it be ok or do we need to swap at the club shop?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.11:16.