Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th March 2020, 14.59:18   #163-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Twitter: @

Default Re: Direct message to Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshian View Post
Does he know the secret handshakes?
Can't handshake at the moment...…
Old 11th March 2020, 15.08:44   #164-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Excellent Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexhamO View Post
The WST board have rejected previous offers of help from him, so it's doubtful I guess.
He's not the only one...
Old 11th March 2020, 15.14:22   #165-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruabon Red View Post
He's not the only one...
At early meetings members who were interested in getting involved with the 'new club' were encouraged to put there name on a list placed in the room. Perhaps some were not called up.
Old 11th March 2020, 15.38:50   #166-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

I know it was tongue in cheek Phil, but I'll answer anyway.

To be honest I don't really think a fans political stance needs to come into it. If you think of Wrexham AFC has a broader church then its really made up of people from all walks of life from all backgrounds and from all races, religions, non religions , genders, non binary genders, varied political parties or not etc etc.

Just people who all love our Club. And who don't really like Chester FC or Shrewsbury due to their locality.

Whenever I have done the political compass test and you have to answer honestly which is quite hard in itself then I have always landed exactly on The Dalai Lama.

Am actually currently reading his book The Art Of Happiness with Howard Cutler The Psychologist. I personally think it's more relevant now in 2020 than its ever been in its 20 years of publication and for me its a great read. But it might not be for everyone.

I have offered the WST help in various forms over the years but for one reason or another its never been accepted. Our family has put money into the club which has been accepted.

I don't mind at all as I believe good energy and karma is part of life's force and you can't try to force these things as they need to happen naturally.

So in my own situation it led me to help and become a committee member for the Wrexham DSA . In that process I learned a huge amount about disabled fans and the additional difficulties and challenges they can face when attending a football match. Things non disabled fans often take for granted.

These are the sort of things I believe a fans owned football club should be about. Of course what happens on the pitch is the crucial component but looking after all of our own fans too in the process just seems to make a great deal of sense as a community owned club.

I doubt I would have learned any of this if I had not met WrexhamO who invited me onto the committee along with the late Neil Dobie. A true legend of kindness and compassion and just a great fan of Wrexham AFC and Wales.
Old 11th March 2020, 15.42:32   #167-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Excellent Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
At early meetings members who were interested in getting involved with the 'new club' were encouraged to put there name on a list placed in the room. Perhaps some were not called up.
What about those who've contacted the club on a number of occasions offering assistance and received no reply?

Their own fault for not being at the `early meetings' and missing `the list' I suppose.
Old 11th March 2020, 16.01:04   #168-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

[QUOTE=Ruabon Red;2347935]What about those who've contacted the club on a number of occasions offering assistance and received no reply?

Their own fault for not being at the `early meetings' and missing `the list' I suppose.[/QUOTE

A question for a members meeting maybe? I for one wasn't put out and assumed all corners were covered. Move on and help elsewhere.
Old 11th March 2020, 16.42:29   #169-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2347936]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruabon Red View Post
What about those who've contacted the club on a number of occasions offering assistance and received no reply?

Their own fault for not being at the `early meetings' and missing `the list' I suppose.[/QUOTE

A question for a members meeting maybe? I for one wasn't put out and assumed all corners were covered. Move on and help elsewhere.
No point asking the question, I'm sure it's been asked plenty of times with denials or very definitely claims people aren't queuing up to help.

All one big lie.
Old 11th March 2020, 20.31:51   #170-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Kiwi View Post
I know it was tongue in cheek Phil, but I'll answer anyway.

To be honest I don't really think a fans political stance needs to come into it. If you think of Wrexham AFC has a broader church then its really made up of people from all walks of life from all backgrounds and from all races, religions, non religions , genders, non binary genders, varied political parties or not etc etc.

Just people who all love our Club. And who don't really like Chester FC or Shrewsbury due to their locality.

Whenever I have done the political compass test and you have to answer honestly which is quite hard in itself then I have always landed exactly on The Dalai Lama.

Am actually currently reading his book The Art Of Happiness with Howard Cutler The Psychologist. I personally think it's more relevant now in 2020 than its ever been in its 20 years of publication and for me its a great read. But it might not be for everyone.

I have offered the WST help in various forms over the years but for one reason or another its never been accepted. Our family has put money into the club which has been accepted.

I don't mind at all as I believe good energy and karma is part of life's force and you can't try to force these things as they need to happen naturally.

So in my own situation it led me to help and become a committee member for the Wrexham DSA . In that process I learned a huge amount about disabled fans and the additional difficulties and challenges they can face when attending a football match. Things non disabled fans often take for granted.

These are the sort of things I believe a fans owned football club should be about. Of course what happens on the pitch is the crucial component but looking after all of our own fans too in the process just seems to make a great deal of sense as a community owned club.

I doubt I would have learned any of this if I had not met WrexhamO who invited me onto the committee along with the late Neil Dobie. A true legend of kindness and compassion and just a great fan of Wrexham AFC and Wales.
Nice post.
Old 11th March 2020, 20.37:11   #171-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Just for the record Welsh Kiwi will be talking about Neil and he us right. He was a real legend of kindness and compassion.
It was Neil's anniversary on Monday just gone.

I miss him.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.40:19.