RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Virus and Andy Holt reaction (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115488-virus-andy-holt-reaction.html)

Inside Left 9th March 2020 09.15:37

Virus and Andy Holt reaction

One man in football is trying to take the lead by calling for an immediate suspension to the football season. His caring and measured words on the radio this morning should be listened to and acted on.

Chair and major owner of Accrington Stanley, Andy Holt has outlined his real concerns about the virus's likely impact on his club and football in general and the actions that should be taken.

I think Andy has a point and is showing real community spirit and talks common sense.

Accrington's gates are similar to Wrexham's - If you want to read more about Andy's views he is on Twitter.

Hometown Unicorn 9th March 2020 09.26:35

Re: Virus ans Andy Holt reaction

Stop the season now so we're guaranteed to stay up.

Haruki 9th March 2020 09.32:05

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2347566]Stop the season now so we're guaranteed to stay up.[/QUOTE]

And Spencer claims it as a huge achievement?

NottsRed 9th March 2020 09.32:08

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2347566]Stop the season now so we're guaranteed to stay up.[/QUOTE]

Every cloud has a silver lining.

In all seriousness though I think come next week its going to be games behind closed doors for the rest of the season. Financially that is going to destroy some clubs and badly damage some others.

petered 9th March 2020 10.07:18

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2347570]Every cloud has a silver lining.

In all seriousness though I think come next week its going to be games behind closed doors for the rest of the season. Financially that is going to destroy some clubs and badly damage some others.[/QUOTE]

Except the money bags of the premiership who will no doubt be heavily compensated anyway.
Mind you I would piss myself if the seaon was effectively null and void. Seeing 50k liverpudlians crying in their soup!!

NottsRed 9th March 2020 10.37:20

[QUOTE=petered;2347575]Except the money bags of the premiership who will no doubt be heavily compensated anyway.
Mind you I would piss myself if the seaon was effectively null and void. Seeing 50k liverpudlians crying in their soup!![/QUOTE]

Premiership and championship clubs should in most cases be able to ride this out but if this rumbles on for the rest of the year then a lot of clubs who run close to the line are going to really struggle.

BillEBadass 9th March 2020 10.49:17

Re: Virus and Andy Holt reaction

I'm not knocking what has been said above but basically nobody really knows how this is going to turn out. I also heard a senior doctor saying that being at an outdoor event, regardless of how many were present, was safer than being in a pub with 20 or so people.

As for saving us from relegation I understand the comments were 'tongue in cheek'. However it may well need divine intervention to save us from that fate. I believe we just about have good enough players to avoid the drop but the training/coaching/ selection/game plan/game management is, emphatically, not.

I am not a fan of changing managers during the season and especially at this stage but we need a leader with the confidence and ability to inspire players to go out and play to win. We are no where near safe and unless a drastic change in attitude and belief is forthcoming I reluctantly fear the worst.

Hometown Unicorn 9th March 2020 11.00:52

We rely on our attendances to survive. It'll hurt us but in reality we'll just have less cash to spunk away next season.

Could see one or two teams going under.

joe 9th March 2020 11.07:53

Think we’ll be fine in that aspect as our crowds aren’t big enough to warrant it being played behind closed doors.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.36:33.