Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th March 2020, 14.52:36   #28-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Barrow fan in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Really, I thought I read on here that it was the other way round. Wonder why he did, easy to answer with hindsight but in the summer we were surely a more attractive option even with BH at the helm. Bet he's glad he did now though.
I heard he was in a pub in St Martins saying he would have played for Wrexham but they didn't want him
Old 11th March 2020, 14.58:28   #29-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Injured?

Even with Jay I'll be amazed if we get anything from this game.
I owe you an apology. On another thread I said didn’t want Harris back as he was past his best but on Saturday he was head and shoulders above anyone else on the field, but not all is lost, Akil is fit again
Old 11th March 2020, 15.03:57   #30-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Quigley turned us down.
the Darlington factor,do you blame him
Old 11th March 2020, 15.23:03   #31-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrowblue View Post
Kicked out in 1972. Will be a great thing if we get back. We have a brilliant manager. He will go places. It's attacking, possession based football and really good to watch. No hoofball, though we aren't push overs at all when it comes to the physical either. Look at our goal difference. We will miss Quigley. We have one of the smallest budgets in the league, if not the smallest. Only 16 players I think, so there is a chance of a new highly rated Welsh under 21 born in Wrexham making his debut - Jack Vale - on loan from Blackburn
Thanks for that info mate. 1972 it was less than 50 years then.

Yes your manager has a great reputation.

Ah, attacking, possession based football, I remember that.... a LONG time ago now!

Cheers!
Old 11th March 2020, 15.39:45   #32-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

If quigley would have signed for us we would have coached every bit of scoring ability out of him and he would now be out on loan at somewhere like barrow. The club killers just get handed names with wage demands pre season sign 10-12 at the bottom of the list and the plan is right see how we get on.
Old 11th March 2020, 16.22:45   #33-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Hi Wrexham fans- Another Barrow fan here. It’s getting close now, i just hope we can get this over the line!! As you can imagine we've not had much to shout about down the years. You may remember only 2 seasons ago we escaped relegation on the final day of the season, with probably our most expensively assembled squad ever (who were quite frankly not good enough), and, despite getting beat on the last day we somehow stayed up with other results going our way. Unbelievable. Then change- two key things happened- Evatt came in with pretty much a blank canvas on the playing side and just to “change the way we play”. He only had 4 players and a vastly reduced budget. Casson family brought him in, but by now they had had enough and announced they were leaving. Fortunately, the club was taken on by a consortium of local business and a 10% share back for the supporters Trust. Almost overnight the whole dynamic of the club changed for the better. Everyone started pulling together. Its been a whirlwind. Evatt’s playing philosophy is something we fans had to be educated on, it was against the tried and tested “get it pumped up to the big man” National league formula. Fans got uneasy when we held on to the ball for more than 3 passes and cries of “get it forward”, were frequent, echoing back to the days of Cox and Pennock. The early results weren't great, I think we lost 6 out the first 9 at the start of this season, but encouragingly and a bit bizarre, we were playing some really good stuff and creating loads of good chances. Then after few tweaks, we have been on this great run taking us to the top. Its far from over yet, and who knows, but its been a fantastic season whatever the outcome. (Fingers crossed). I guess what the message here is that from day one Evatt has always insisted it’s not all about the money spent on the squad. It’s everything on and off the pitch, it has to come together at the same time and create this perfect storm he calls it.
Here’s to a good game and hopefully one step closer for us, although this is going to be tough- they all are and missing Quigley at this key time wont make it any easier! Let’s hope the Barrow wind calms down, honest, its always windy here, but its been non stop and affected last three home games! Safe travels.

Last edited by justvisiting; 11th March 2020 at 16.35:14..
Old 11th March 2020, 16.35:42   #34-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef1 View Post
If quigley would have signed for us we would have coached every bit of scoring ability out of him and he would now be out on loan at somewhere like barrow. The club killers just get handed names with wage demands pre season sign 10-12 at the bottom of the list and the plan is right see how we get on.
Or play him up front on his own. Like we did with Boden. Isolated and feeding off scraps. No wonder his hamstrings kept popping. Then they leave and score elsewhere.

It’s how Keates sets him teams up that kill the strikers. But he still keeps doing it.

The goals conceded record was a mirage that progress was being made. It was just a result of a top 6 squad budget being set up not to lose at home.

If I was a Chorley fan I would accept that style of football if it meant staying in our highest ever league for a few seasons and earn some revenue. We do the same and we can’t get out of the lowest league we have ever been in and lose revenue. Mind blowing.

We should expect more but like people say we have started to accept it.

How I have kept my 13 year old son a fan, away from the premier league teams and Derby county is beyond belief. But I can sense him losing interest. Took him to a derby game. They scored 4 and he saw Rooney and Joe Allen play live. Then I take him to Chesterfield and gets to watch Tyler Garret and Tom Denton

I would rather we change approach, have a go and spend the ward money and other funds (where did the Taylor money go?) on a decent manager and first team. Isn’t that the proven way of getting out?
Old 11th March 2020, 16.36:20   #35-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by justvisiting View Post
Hi Wrexham fans- Another Barrow fan here. It’s getting close now, i just hope we can get this over the line!! As you can imagine we've not had much to shout about down the years. You may remember only 2 seasons ago we escaped relegation on the final day of the season, with probably our most expensively assembled squad ever (who were quite frankly not good enough), and, despite getting beat on the last day we somehow stayed up with other results going our way. Unbelievable. Then change- two key things happened- Evatt came in with pretty much a blank canvas on the playing side and just to “change the way we play”. He only had 4 players and a vastly reduced budget. Casson family brought him in, but by now they had had enough and announced they were leaving. Fortunately, the club was taken on by a consortium of local business and a 10% share back for the supporters Trust. Almost overnight the whole dynamic of the club changed for the better. Everyone started pulling together. Its been a whirlwind. Evatt’s playing philosophy is something we fans had to be educated on, it was against the tried and tested “get it pumped up to the big man” National league formula. Fans got uneasy when we held on to the ball for more than 3 passes and cries of “get it forward”, were frequent, echoing back to the days of Cox and Pennock. The early results weren't great, I think we lost 6 out the first 9 at the start of this season, but encouragingly and a bit bizarre, we were playing some really good stuff and creating loads of good chances. Then after few tweaks, we have been on this great run taking us to the top. Its far from over yet, and who knows, but its been a fantastic season whatever the outcome. (Fingers crossed). I guess what the message here is that from day one Evatt has always insisted it’s not all about the money spent on the squad. It’s everything on and off the pitch, it has to come together at the same time and create this perfect storm he calls it.
Here’s to a good game and hopefully one step closer for us, although this is going to be tough- they all are and missing Quigley at this key time wont make it any easier! Let’s hope the Barrow wind calms down, honest, its always windy here, but its been non stop and affected last three home games! Safe travels.
Paragraphs?
Old 11th March 2020, 17.36:28   #36-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Went on holiday this time last year to the area staying in Haverthwaite. Lovely part of the world.

If you go to the game you drive straight past the Booths supermarket in Ulverston. What a place. Stock up. https://www.booths.co.uk/store/ulverston/

If you've got the wife and kids in tow drop them off here en route https://www.southlakessafarizoo.com/
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.04:42.