RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Barrow fan in peace (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115496-barrow-fan-peace.html)

Barrowblue 10th March 2020 17.44:00

Barrow fan in peace

So, how many fans will be venturing to south west Cumbria on Saturday?
We've had some big gates (for us) recently.
More the merrier. You always will get a friendly reception if the spirit is reciprocated.
At the end of matches, when it's announced how many visiting fans there are, there is invariably a round of applause from the home supporters.
Seems like you need to win, but so do we.
We are without one of your ex's - Quigley - because he was sent off against Notts County. Don't mean to rub it in, but he has been really really good this year. So has another one of your old boys - Rooney - but he's missed a penalty in consecutive games. On Saturday it probably cost us the match. Probably still our player of the season.
Getting very tight at the top between us and Harrogate now.
This is a tough league - as you know.
Have a good journey if you are coming, and hope you are disappointed on the way back, naturally....../

pricey 10th March 2020 18.03:56

Re: Barrow fan in peace

Rooney and Quigley. If only we could take a chance on some strikers like these.

Oh, hang on a minute.

Red Light 10th March 2020 19.38:12

With my can of Wrexham lager (or Bootlegger 1974 Pilsner) I'll be there - two of us on official club coach(es) departing 1000 am.

I hope the Sports bar near the ground is still going strong ? bin lid baps and pre match Guiness again please.

Barrow are without Quigley and we will be without Jay Harris as his latest yellow on Saturday last has triggered a suspension.

Praying it wont be raining - on the open terrace - we have 500 standing terrace tickets which are truly massive and for the more sophisticated fans there are 150 seats in the stand alongside the pitch.

I wasn't arsed going at all but my lad persuaded me with the comment it might be the last time we get to play at Barrow (make of that what you will).

Have to say from the point you leave the M6 the scenery along the route to Barrow is pretty fine looking - probably the highlight of our day but we did win at Harrogate so you never know - and if football was predictable none of us would bother would we ?

northwalian dragon 10th March 2020 19.58:36

Keates out

Wirral Red 10th March 2020 20.30:27

Only ever been along the longest cul- de - sac in Britain for anti Trident demonstrations , won't be doing it on Saturday as I'm in Bristol.
Hopjng to listen in on a positive result.

mattw 10th March 2020 21.31:21

I’ll be there, Dressed as Dean Spink.

redinsaudi 10th March 2020 21.37:25

No disrespect to Barrow or Harrogate, however it shows how far we have fallen under this regime. They are fighting for a dream of playing in the EFL and we are scraping for our lives to stay out of the 6th tier. I hope you are proud Spencer.

Inside Left 10th March 2020 21.45:13

Ya just get the feeling the town will go there and win. Flap over !!

Pieman 11th March 2020 05.57:42

Fair doos Barrowblue you are having a hell of a season. Quigley and Rooney were here but totally unsuitable for Wrexham as they were capable of scoring goals (our management arent into that). We are having a terrible season our fans are finally voting with their feet our home gates are well down but despite all of that i would expect a decent turnout. We took nearly 300 to Yeovil recently for example

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.44:14.