Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th March 2020, 09.22:50   #31-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Club Financial Statements

So after being probably more "cash rich" than we ever have been we are now back to square one financially? No doubt we are back to the club asking for a build the budget fund for next season
Old 14th March 2020, 09.31:26   #32-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieman View Post
So after being probably more "cash rich" than we ever have been we are now back to square one financially? No doubt we are back to the club asking for a build the budget fund for next season
Could you imagine, surely not even they will have the cheek to ask that would they.....
Old 14th March 2020, 09.37:09   #33-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
Could you imagine, surely not even they will have the cheek to ask that would they.....
It wouldnt surprise me at all
Old 14th March 2020, 09.50:39   #34-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Av A Riot View Post
so im an idiot because i mispelt something?

or do you mean referencing certain fans as glory hunters?

lets be honest if we was sitting pretty atop of the table... barely any of you would be whinging about the board.. even though its the very same board who are in charge with us where we currently languish near the lower echelons of the table,

we would most definatly have MANY MANY more fans at home games also if we was atop of the table.. or at v least chasing automatic or a good play off spot.

there would most definatly be a much more happy.. vibrant positive atmosphere around the club if we was atop of the table or pushing for a play off spot.

with those FACTS in mind.. yes they are GLORY hunters! so no im not an idiot for stating FACTS

you know im right your just too negative and ignorant to admit it
I keep rereading this in an effort to make sense of it.

Firstly, I think some of us would be still unhappy about the DSA fiasco, poor communications, and lack of democracy with motions not being carried out properly.

However I agree that if we were a successful football team then there would be significantly less criticism of the board. Simply because that would suggest they were doing a good job. The fact that we are currently unsuccessful is reflected in the unhappiness of the fanbase.

If you went to a restaurant and they served terrible food, would you complain? Or would you just think "Well, if they WEREN'T serving terrible food, I'd be happier!"
Old 14th March 2020, 10.24:08   #35-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Quote:
-upgrade to CCTV In this day and age .. its needed
-chunk earmarked for Groves Long term benefit for us to , money well spent
-£200k budget increase given to Hughes Hughes spent that, not the board
-payoffs to Hughes and Flynn if we sack them thats how it is, do you have any evidence we "paid them off" Hughes most likely yes to some degree. i doubt it with Flynn
-additional budget spent by Keates did you expect him to polish the turd hughes left him? or sign mnore players?
-gate receipts significantly down this season. thats the glory hunters who only want to watch us when we are winning not turning up , due to how crap we have been this season.... but use the board as an exscuse

I would say it is safe to assume that the Ward money is gone, wasted by mismanagement of our club board.

What evidence do i have that there payoffs to Hughes and Flynn?- The evidence is that we are told we offer industry standard League managers contracts and these contain payoffs in the event of a contract being terminated early by either party. And yes this is evidence of poor management by the board as Hughes was such an obviously bad appointment from the outset. This mistake was compounded as the need for an experienced number 2 who could be full time and hands on was ignored with the appointment of Flynn.

Yes, additional budget budget spent by Keates is another sign of mismanagement. It is a clear knock on effect of a chain of poor managerial appointments meaning each one spent additional budget to bring in more average players (barrow, hughes and keates all did this)

Glory Hunters? - After the rubbish we have been served up for years yet still turned up in our thousands it is beyond acceptable for you to be labelling any Wrexham fan as a glory hunter.
Old 14th March 2020, 10.27:55   #36-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
so im an idiot because i mispelt something?

or do you mean referencing certain fans as glory hunters?

lets be honest if we was sitting pretty atop of the table... barely any of you would be whinging about the board.. even though its the very same board who are in charge with us where we currently languish near the lower echelons of the table,

we would most definatly have MANY MANY more fans at home games also if we was atop of the table.. or at v least chasing automatic or a good play off spot.

there would most definatly be a much more happy.. vibrant positive atmosphere around the club if we was atop of the table or pushing for a play off spot.

with those FACTS in mind.. yes they are GLORY hunters! so no im not an idiot for stating FACTS

you know im right your just too negative and ignorant to admit it
No - they are customers, valued customers who if in attendance increase revenues.

Better product equates to more customers, poor product leads to less. It’s not rocket science.
Old 14th March 2020, 11.17:55   #37-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS Near Kop end

Guess this sort of blows the myth, these clever directors have been the reason we got ourselves into a good financial position..
The good financial position was achieved through football fortune. The Trophy final, and the like, along with good ST sales and good pay at the gate income. Not to mention the Danny Ward, and other transfer money..
Speaking of Danny Ward. The suggestion that his transfer shows how healthy the youth system is today, confirms to me they must think we're that thick, just feed them any old tripe..
Old 14th March 2020, 11.30:57   #38-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexham's Patrick Bateman View Post
Guess this sort of blows the myth, these clever directors have been the reason we got ourselves into a good financial position..
The good financial position was achieved through football fortune. The Trophy final, and the like, along with good ST sales and good pay at the gate income. Not to mention the Danny Ward, and other transfer money..
Speaking of Danny Ward. The suggestion that his transfer shows how healthy the youth system is today, confirms to me they must think we're that thick, just feed them any old tripe..
Yep, we are in a terrible financial position.

Of the £1.5m we got for Ward (and the bits for Ricketts etc as someone pointed out), half of it was blown by last June.

I expect the rest to be gone by this June. And then we are Tommy Tucked.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 14th March 2020, 11.34:58   #39-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexham's Patrick Bateman View Post
The football fortune which the WST has hidden behind has been spaffed away. The current lows we are enduring is directly a result of the current leadership not having the skillsets to run a professional football team. So we have a team unable to compete at a professional level and flirting with 6th tier part time football. I don't know if our set up will even compete at that level.
Old 14th March 2020, 12.11:57   #40-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Also that football fortune and Danny ward money was there from a time and setup in place before the current inept leadership. it is quite low class for the current leadership to claim it was a result of their guidance. The youth setup has been decimated and the fan base falling away directly as a result of the current leadership. the part time mindset has come from the very top and has permeated its way down to the appalling performances we are having to witness on the field. It all points to suitability for 6th tier or welsh prem.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.34:08.