Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th March 2020, 09.51:49   #46-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Football League Postponements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz Wxm View Post
what a load of bo**ocks from the national league this is all down to money if they suspend the competition I bet they would be liable and have to financially assist clubs who will face financial hardship.... the national league don't give two hoots for the fans or their families and are putting us at risk, yes maybe the young generation and fit and health fans attending games will be able to easily fight off the infection but their elderly or already ill relatives won't. The governments plan is to delay the virus so the medical services can cope with the "steady"(uniform) demand as it is inevitable that the vast majority of us will catch it. If the spike in infections gets too high hundreds will be at risk as they won't be able to get treated.

So well done national league showing your true colours again......
This is what I've been wondering. If the government ban gatherings of 500+ next week, which I've seen is being suggested, does that mean it would be the government who'd have to financially assist clubs rather than the NL?
Old 14th March 2020, 10.51:05   #47-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Default Re: National League decides games are ON after meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Staggering decision.
yes they followed government advice... shocking decision..
Old 14th March 2020, 11.00:22   #48-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

Default Re: Football League Postponements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
This is what I've been wondering. If the government ban gatherings of 500+ next week, which I've seen is being suggested, does that mean it would be the government who'd have to financially assist clubs rather than the NL?
Typical - impacts on us but not Chester!
Old 14th March 2020, 11.07:18   #49-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

National League committee are a bunch of irresponsible amateurs making decisions that will affect peoples lives. Selfish and so out of touch sums them up.
Old 14th March 2020, 12.57:21   #50-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
National League committee are a bunch of irresponsible amateurs making decisions that will affect peoples lives. Selfish and so out of touch sums them up.
Loads of people will be caught out because this situation is changing by the minute. We love the blame game in this country so this is going to be one mega blame fest all around. Time will tell if the National League have got it wrong. There must be an epidemiologist on here somewhere to enlighten us. 🙂
Old 14th March 2020, 14.50:45   #51-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymro View Post
Loads of people will be caught out because this situation is changing by the minute. We love the blame game in this country so this is going to be one mega blame fest all around. Time will tell if the National League have got it wrong. There must be an epidemiologist on here somewhere to enlighten us. 🙂
There is, I think, blame and the stark obvious. The pattern of this disease is showing a direction and the 'ologists' must see it . Sorry keep thinking of the BT advert all those years ago.
Old 14th March 2020, 17.27:29   #52-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by René Higuita View Post
yes they followed government advice... shocking decision..
They took the government's advice and allowed the games to take place. That advice will change soon, but blaming the NL committee for following advice is silly and academic.

It will be interesting to see when the football will recommence, and how it will be organized. Scheduling the POs will become quite a headache if they insist on using Wembley. Thankfully, that's something we don't need to worry about.

However...

PS I appreciate you are being ironic to other's calls!
Old 14th March 2020, 20.09:04   #53-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

I think that as big gatherings will be banned very soon, we may well not play a competitive game for 4-6 weeks. All games will ultimately have to be played. Wembley can take a jump for the play offs - we will be lucky to sort all promotions and relegations out by the end of July.
Still, people’s health is far more important than any game of football.
Old 14th March 2020, 20.20:44   #54-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willywill View Post
I think that as big gatherings will be banned very soon, we may well not play a competitive game for 4-6 weeks. All games will ultimately have to be played. Wembley can take a jump for the play offs - we will be lucky to sort all promotions and relegations out by the end of July.
Still, people’s health is far more important than any game of football.
Agree.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.44:29.