RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Happy Anniversary Dean Keates! (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115516-happy-anniversary-dean-keates.html)

Phils-an-alki 17th March 2020 15.00:24

Re: Happy Anniversary Dean Keates!

[QUOTE=Red Light;2349258]Do we really want to repeat the same mistakes over and over - why take on an ex player who has never managed in this country never mind this league ?

[B]What has Dennis Lawrence ever done ?[/B] Coaching is one thing but being the main man running the whole ship and signing players is another.[/QUOTE]

Playing for us gives you a big chance. Then beyond that if you were one of Spencer's favs then you're on the shortlist. That's the criteria. Its the only way I can think up to explain how they came to appoint Hughes.

TWREX 17th March 2020 15.11:59

[QUOTE=Red Light;2349258]Do we really want to repeat the same mistakes over and over - why take on an ex player who has never managed in this country never mind this league ?

What has Dennis Lawrence ever done ? Coaching is one thing but being the main man running the whole ship and signing players is another.[/QUOTE]

I'm not advocating him as manager just coach. Had a belly full of the hoofball from the other three.

Red Light 17th March 2020 15.26:12

[QUOTE=TWREX;2349264]I'm not advocating him as manager just coach. Had a belly full of the hoofball from the other three.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I thought you might come back on that point as I didn't reply to your comment properly but why take him on even as coach ?
Personally I wouldn't.

If we were to take on a new manager then who he brings in as coaching staff personnel should be left for him to decide - Keates departed for Walsall and took his team with him - if your going to be manager of a club and held to account then it should be down to you as manager to appoint the people you are going to work with and trust - far too many times it has been said that the likes of Darlington have some hold at the club - perhaps there is something in the system that says whoever the manager is we still have to have Darlington - I really don't know but if it is the case it shouldn't be - on the other hand Keates might be quite happy with his contribution - but if it came to starting with a clean slate again that's what it should be and the new manager should not be held to conditions impose by the hierarchy at the club or past promises.
Have previous managerial applicants dropped out because of this issue ? somebody like Bryan Hughes with no experience and being offered his first position as manager I would imagine would grasp at any branch thrown at them - older wiser heads might walk away when they discover the full job description.

Ugolini 17th March 2020 20.35:17

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2349084]On this day in 2018 Dean Keates spectacularly ditched us with us so close to the end of the season

How are you celebrating this special day?

And how will you celebrate when he's finally booted out of the club?[/QUOTE]

Grow up for crying out loud!!

Ugolini 17th March 2020 20.36:21

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2349101][url=https://ibb.co/Hz5X5JQ][img]https://i.ibb.co/cF4x4md/6082.jpg[/img][/url][/QUOTE]

Stop being a prat!!!

redfronner 18th March 2020 14.03:49

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2349084]On this day in 2018 Dean Keates spectacularly ditched us with us so close to the end of the season

Get a F*c*ing life. All this going on in the world and this is what you think about. Jesus wept

short_gog 18th March 2020 14.33:29

Well....................... its time to "Wake Up", it is a full flowing "River of deceit", the "Lifeless Dead" are still here, this proves "I don't know anything" but when he does go we'll all be celebrating his "Long Gone Day"

PS He wont go, the board will not get rid, we will be very lucky to not go down, if we do not, we'll have another season of him sadly

Ooh aah Paskin 18th March 2020 14.43:10

To be honest, I think the OP was a bit of light heartedness to lift the doom and gloom.
I found it amusing anyway.

Phils-an-alki 18th March 2020 15.06:29

[QUOTE=redfronner;2349362]Get a F*c*ing life. [B]All this going on in the world and this is what you think about. Jesus wept[/B][/QUOTE]

You could have said this at any time though. Piss poor excuse to have a dig. At least have the nuts to be honest about why it annoyed you so much..

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.45:18.