RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Season Suspended until April 3rd (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115517-season-suspended-until-april-3rd.html)

NottsRed 18th March 2020 15.23:05

Re: Season Suspended until April 3rd

[QUOTE=dagg;2349356]Clubs may not be covered by insurance, apparently insurance only covers known disease and coronavirus is a new disease so insurance companies may not pay out.[/QUOTE]

Insurance companies will try any old excuse to wiggle out of paying.

IMHO I think they are going to have to play the last games behind closed doors. The alternative is going to be a protracted mess in the courts

Corner Flag 18th March 2020 16.53:35

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2349377]Insurance companies will try any old excuse to wiggle out of paying.

IMHO I think they are going to have to play the last games behind closed doors. The alternative is going to be a protracted mess in the courts[/QUOTE]

Another idea is to start next season with all clubs in the same division as now and same points as now. clubs on highest points at end of season in 2022 get promoted or relegated with no play offs just for that season.

RHYLRED 18th March 2020 16.57:46

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2349387]Another idea is to start next season with all clubs in the same division as now and same points as now. clubs on highest points at end of season in 2022 get promoted or relegated with no play offs just for that season.[/QUOTE]

I think that was what I was trying to say.

Red Light 18th March 2020 17.37:37

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2349387]Another idea is to start next season with all clubs in the same division as now and same points as now. clubs on highest points at end of season in 2022 get promoted or relegated with no play offs just for that season.[/QUOTE]

The perception reminds me of the start of World War 1 (not that I was there to recall it).

'It will all be over very soon - you'll all be back home from France by christmas'.

Four years later in 1918 with millions dead the fighting ended.

This current situation has barely started - it's new and we are entering the unknown, some are claiming we will be with it until spring 2021 - other suggestions are that similar to flu it will blow up every winter from hereon.
The system doesn't know how to respond and is learning fast - eventually we will just have to get on with life by which time vaccines will probably be widely available for the vulnerable.

Interesting times but it wont go away any time soon and probably never.

Banes Red 19th March 2020 13.36:18

Suspension extended until at least 30th April, expect further extensions to follow☹️

bowler 20th March 2020 20.14:34

It's now a 12 month lockdown from today Friday. So that takes us to March 2021 absolutely no promotion or relegation

Red Light 20th March 2020 20.50:36

Wrexham AFC Club shop to close on a temporary basis (duration ??) as of Monday 23 March.

A further statement will be made in relation to tickets pre purchased for the Barrow away fixture scheduled for last Saturday and Welsh Internationals.

Source : Official club site news item dated today.

Haruki 21st March 2020 07.42:19

[QUOTE=bowler;2349633]It's now a 12 month lockdown from today Friday. So that takes us to March 2021 absolutely no promotion or relegation[/QUOTE]

Its a 12’week lockdown not 12 months

And even if it was 12 months you would just finish this season after the lock and effectively miss a whole season so yes you would get promotion and relegation

Hometown Unicorn 21st March 2020 07.43:33

[QUOTE=Haruki;2349655]Its a 12’week lockdown not 12 months

And even if it was 12 months you would just finish this season after the lock and effectively miss a whole season so yes you would get promotion and relegation[/QUOTE]

If it lasted 12 months you can't finish this season off haha.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.08:10.