Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th March 2020, 15.40:23   #31-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: I will buy a season ticket for next season now...

The country is in virtual lockdown with businesses in real danger of going bust without cashflow and millions of jobs at risk yet people are talking about Wrexham FC season tickets !!!

Talk about being separated from reality
Old 17th March 2020, 15.43:11   #32-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: mold road kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
The country is in virtual lockdown with businesses in real danger of going bust without cashflow and millions of jobs at risk yet people are talking about Wrexham FC season tickets !!!

Fancy that on red passion
Old 17th March 2020, 18.16:07   #33-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post

Perhaps the OP see's Wrexham FC as a business too and could go bust without cashflow - some clubs worse off than us are already / will be bringing in the early bird option in a lot earlier than usual - the club also have employees who's day to day work will have all but shut down or at minimum drastically reduced - on the basis we don't have an end date for all of this perhaps some posters will change their viewpoint the longer the period without matches / income goes.
Old 17th March 2020, 18.20:00   #34-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

And Wrexham FC is a business without cashflow that employs a reasonable number of people as well as playing a significant role in the community.......

On that basis I don't think the being separated from reality comment is entirely fair!
Come to that is it is then, in the context of world events both now and in the past (famine, millions without clean drinking water, needless blindness, poverty and the like) fitting that we ever discuss or think about football at all.

In my view football is all about an escape and being separated from reality every now and then.
Old 17th March 2020, 18.20:07   #35-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

If it does come to the point where the club is in danger then the current board must step aside

A fresh new board with a new management team would see everyone band together once more and be more optimistic about our future

It’d be interesting to see whether the boards own ego is more important to them than the club
Old 17th March 2020, 18.33:53   #36-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Kop end

Lots of clubs of all sorts will need the help of their supporters.
If that means buying a season ticket ,or membership then thats a great idea!!
That is if , you foremost want , to give your club or clubs (depending on the sport) a chance to get through the storm and emerge from the other side !
Putting conditions on it doesnt work IMO
Old 17th March 2020, 18.45:47   #37-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

No longer a priority from my own perspective!

Last edited by cynprifathro; 17th March 2020 at 18.47:00..
Old 17th March 2020, 19.57:32   #38-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: behind the goal

I will buy one as soon as they are on sale just like every other year.
Old 17th March 2020, 20.28:27   #39-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCol View Post
Difficult times means we need to stand together and live the statement 'Wrexham till I die'

Of course initial focus is on ensuring that we do everything that we can to ensure the health and well being of all in our community .....

and for me, beyond that it that mans putting politics and views of the board/manager/team etc to one side and displaying genuine unity and commitment where we can....

I know that not everyone will be able to fund this but I wonder if we should establish some sort of consensus as to how many of us would be prepared to buy a season ticket for next season now to help the club have the cash to see us though these difficult times....

Thoughts ?.....anyone prepared to do the same?
Without doubt. We may well be in league 2
Old 17th March 2020, 21.04:03   #40-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCol View Post

And Wrexham FC is a business without cashflow that employs a reasonable number of people as well as playing a significant role in the community.......

On that basis I don't think the being separated from reality comment is entirely fair!
Come to that is it is then, in the context of world events both now and in the past (famine, millions without clean drinking water, needless blindness, poverty and the like) fitting that we ever discuss or think about football at all.

In my view football is all about an escape and being separated from reality every now and then.
Sorry but I am not subsidising the club whilst it is owned by the current lot. Its just throwing money away. If they promise to investigate other forms of ownership and pledge to leave at an appropriate time I will jump on board, but not until then.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.52:47.