Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23rd March 2020, 22.33:59   #121-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: yale paddock
Real Name: andy
Twitter: @





Default Re: Favourite Positive Moment as a Wrexham Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post

And Mike Williams testimonial - a 1 - 1 draw with Chester and when they scored two Chester lads celebrated on the kop and were chased down the steps only one cracked his head ducking under the crowd barrier rail and ended up being taken away in a St John's Ambulance to kop chants of 'Your going home in a Wrexham ambulance'..
LOL I think someone put the Chester fan on his arse it wasn't a barrier
Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2020, 22.42:18   #122-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by percy vere View Post
Trundles hat trick against Oxford - awesome
Very much so, I remember it like yesterday. It was astonishing how good he was in those early games. His ability was on another planet altogether.

I remember another game on Sept 11th 2001, where the match went ahead and he absolutely rifled in a goal out of nothing.
Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2020, 23.24:44   #123-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Favourite Positive Moment as a Wrexham Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Very much so, I remember it like yesterday. It was astonishing how good he was in those early games. His ability was on another planet altogether.

I remember another game on Sept 11th 2001, where the match went ahead and he absolutely rifled in a goal out of nothing.
That home game v Oxford United was a cracker - result 5 - 3 I think.

I will always remember Trundle for scoring a goal at Walsall infront of the away supporters in the second half when we came back from 2 - 0 down to win 2 - 3. Controlled the ball with his back to goal and scored from an overhead kick. He had some fabulous talent - one who's style of play didn't fit under Dennis Smith - our loss was Swansea City's massive gain - they loved him down there and still do. The common theme is as soon as we get a goal scorer he's off - Trundle, Jim Steele, Danny Wright and Jake Speight - nobody seems to have the desire to stay - even Gary Bennett who must have had his best ever years with us went to give life in a higher division a try.
Still have nightmares to this day how both Jim Steele and Jimmy Harvey left us for Tranmere Rovers under Johnny King and sent them soaring the leagues to the brink of the Premier League.
Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 07.08:07   #124-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Favourite Positive Moment as a Wrexham Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
That home game v Oxford United was a cracker - result 5 - 3 I think.

I will always remember Trundle for scoring a goal at Walsall infront of the away supporters in the second half when we came back from 2 - 0 down to win 2 - 3. Controlled the ball with his back to goal and scored from an overhead kick. He had some fabulous talent - one who's style of play didn't fit under Dennis Smith - our loss was Swansea City's massive gain - they loved him down there and still do. The common theme is as soon as we get a goal scorer he's off - Trundle, Jim Steele, Danny Wright and Jake Speight - nobody seems to have the desire to stay - even Gary Bennett who must have had his best ever years with us went to give life in a higher division a try.
Still have nightmares to this day how both Jim Steele and Jimmy Harvey left us for Tranmere Rovers under Johnny King and sent them soaring the leagues to the brink of the Premier League.
Why do you say that? it definitely did!
Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 07.20:17   #125-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit
 
Hometown Unicorn's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Favourite Positive Moment as a Wrexham Fan

Lee Trundle was my hero growing up. Always had time to talk to supporters, young and old.
Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 08.54:35   #126-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Favourite Positive Moment as a Wrexham Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
Why do you say that? it definitely did!
It was nothing to do with Trundle's style not fitting under Denis Smith, he tried everything to get Trudnle to re-sign.

Flynn knew Trundle's contract inside out and offered him much better terms. Simple, Same with Morrell and Coventry.

That was the beginning of the end of us as a League club realistically.
Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 09.10:33   #127-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
Huffy's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Kop end
Real Name: Rip Van Winkle
Twitter: @





Default Re: Favourite Positive Moment as a Wrexham Fan

When I was at school ,if I was on the wing , I always wanted to be Ian Moir (in my head) or Brian Tinnion ,and if in front of goal -Albert Kinsey !!
I thought at the time the name Albert was a bit sort of old style but Kinsey was a great number 9 !!
__________________
Down with this sort of thing!!!
Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2020, 12.42:38   #128-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Favourite Positive Moment as a Wrexham Fan

One of the few good memories of our time in non league was the 2011/12 season, and the home FA Cup replay against Brighton, then in the Championship, epitomises the good footballing team we had that season, losing 5-4 on penalties, after drawing 1-1.

A great goal by Andy Morrell, and some real footballers in that team https://youtu.be/ZpRLtT39QaY.

The team put together by Saunders would have romped the league that season with games to spare, but unfortunately the high spending Fleetwood and Jamie Vardy were there to thwart our hopes.
Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2020, 14.12:59   #129-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Favourite Positive Moment as a Wrexham Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltshire_Red View Post
One of the few good memories of our time in non league was the 2011/12 season, and the home FA Cup replay against Brighton, then in the Championship, epitomises the good footballing team we had that season, losing 5-4 on penalties, after drawing 1-1.

A great goal by Andy Morrell, and some real footballers in that team https://youtu.be/ZpRLtT39QaY.

The team put together by Saunders would have romped the league that season with games to spare, but unfortunately the high spending Fleetwood and Jamie Vardy were there to thwart our hopes.
The really frustrating part was we led the league for the most part of the season and took four points from the available 6 from Fleetwood.
We never recovered from losing Obeng.
Lost the number of times we would be coming out of the Racecourse at the final whistle celebrating another win - only to discover Fleetwood had scored again in the dying embers of yet another game to convert defeats into draws and draws into wins - unbelievable how it kept happening - timings is everything - we have been very unlucky in many ways.
Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2020, 14.55:34   #130-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Favourite Positive Moment as a Wrexham Fan

[QUOTE=The Method Maws;2349522]Pretty much the same ones people have mentioned. The fa cup games. Arsenal, Ipswich, Man Utd, Stoke

Does anyone remember this classic relegation 6 pointer? We were both bottom 2 with one team going down

Great game.

Never knew Andy Marriott played for them that day





Wow, I had forgotten that one. What a rollercoaster of a game that was.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.19:26.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12