RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Favourite Positive Moment as a Wrexham Fan (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115520-favourite-positive-moment-wrexham-fan.html)

Welsh Kiwi 3rd April 2020 20.22:12

Re: Favourite Positive Moment as a Wrexham Fan

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2351241]Another great night to remember. The atmosphere was buzzing, and we were so unlucky not to beat them. Mickey Evans was brilliant except for that one moment which changed the game.[/QUOTE]

Bit harsh that on Mickey PD. It was their class and talent that beat him in that one moment. Watch the video again!

Prodigal Dragon 4th April 2020 10.48:29

[QUOTE=Welsh Kiwi;2351444]Bit harsh that on Mickey PD. It was their class and talent that beat him in that one moment. Watch the video again![/QUOTE]

I must first mow the lawn and do some weeding in the garden. Afterwards, I will watch it.

My comments about Mickey Evans were a bit tongue in cheek because he — along with the whole team — gave an excellent performance that night. But, after 45 years, if my memory serves me well — for a change — we were undone by a world-class move by that great Anderlecht team.

Prodigal Dragon 4th April 2020 18.07:45

[QUOTE=Welsh Kiwi;2351444]Bit harsh that on Mickey PD. It was their class and talent that beat him in that one moment. Watch the video again![/QUOTE]

You are quite correct; I take it all back, and owe Mickey a beer.

What a great game that was! Mel Sutton was immense, and if only Graham Whittle's shot had gone in.

Mrs PD has just won the virtual Grand National: £1 e/w so is now a compulsive gambler. Mine came second, so won't hear the end of it.

Stay safe in NZ, and hope we have some normality soon.:)

eastsussexred 4th April 2020 18.28:01

[QUOTE=Welsh Kiwi;2351209]Yeah the spurs away game in 76 is the one game I wished I could have gone to but at 7 years old away games were out of bounds to me then.

[B]So for me its Anderlecht at home. QF on Cup Winners Cup. Just 1 of 8 teams left in the whole of Europe.[/B]

The continental fizz. The expectation we could realistically take on a side with 2 dutch world cup winners.

The brand new adidas kit, we had only worn for the 2nd ever time. Adidas approached us because of our incredible exploits in Europe. Imagine them doing that now.

All red, a beautiful vision and the Wrexham badge was 10 times the size of the adidas trefoil logo. Imagine that ratio happening to day? Nope. Thought not.

King Billy up front. He impressed Anderlecht so much they tried to sign him straight after the game. Ive still got the board letters somewhere documenting the offer than came in and am trying to get them to Billy.

I was sitting on my dads knee as there were no seats anywhere.

When Stuart Lee scored he was so excited he threw me high up into the air.

All i could see was the paddock below me and thinking. Oh Sh*t Im going down there.

Luckily dad caught me on the way down.

Great memories, you can never forget memories.

Thanks for the positivity PD,

It's much needed !![/QUOTE]

Same for me. I still remember the gut-wrenching feeling when Anderlecht equalised and I can still visualise their fans with purple and white scarves celebrating in the yale stand, and the realisation that we would be going out, which descended on the kop after; even so, a memorable night.

dixierob 5th April 2020 10.02:35

The thumping of Newcastle 4-0 in the Cup was one of the most complete performances I ever seen from a Wrexham team. The same season beating Bristol City, who were in the 1st Div, 3-0. That was after drawing 4-4 at at Bristol I think.

But the icing on the cake was beating Rotherham 7-1 to win the old 3rd Div and go up to the 2nd for the first time in our history. Great memories.

Inside Left 5th April 2020 10.22:18

[QUOTE=Wiltshire_Red;2351401]Re-live that match with the great man John Neal talking about the game [url]https://youtu.be/FUxCezzPUmM[/url]. We can only dream of those great games in the 70s happening again in the future[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that .Whilst watching I was still willing Lee's and Suttons shots to hit the back of the net. and as for their keeper s performance that night.

Quay Red 5th April 2020 11.24:12

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2351648]Thanks for that .Whilst watching I was still willing Lee's and Suttons shots to hit the back of the net. and as for their keeper s performance that night.[/QUOTE]

I always thought that the keeper pulled the ball back from behind the line for one effort in the top corner.

Wiltshire_Red 6th April 2020 17.32:17

[QUOTE=dixierob;2351640]The thumping of Newcastle 4-0 in the Cup was one of the most complete performances I ever seen from a Wrexham team. The same season beating Bristol City, who were in the 1st Div, 3-0. That was after drawing 4-4 at at Bristol I think.

But the icing on the cake was beating Rotherham 7-1 to win the old 3rd Div and go up to the 2nd for the first time in our history. Great memories.[/QUOTE]

2 great performances against Newcastle in the FA Cup in 1978, we were spoilt during those years with so many great performances, if only we had someone like Dixie in our team now [url]https://youtu.be/CGANI8y2cwQ[/url]. Just glad I was around to see that team in the 70s, what memories.

Dead eye Dixie 6th April 2020 17.56:42

With reference to the line up when we played Spurs on Wednesday 22nd September 2976.
I believe Periodical Dragon has the wrong line up.
I believe it was as follows.
Lloyd
Evan's
Dwyer
Davies
Robert's
Thomas
Shinton
Sutton
Ashcroft
Whittle
Griffiths.
Albert Kinsey never played.
I skipped school as well.
Went on the bus with " Phil the pies ".
Pretty scary after the game. Spurs fans wanting to fight anyone.
Great game as you said.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.08:15.