Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th March 2020, 08.10:27   #73-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Favourite Positive Moment as a Wrexham Fan

I feel slightly more mature today so here goes with a couple..

Hartlepool 4 - 6 Wrexham - A game I'll never forget. So glad I was there to witness that madness. What a game of football that was.

This game: BBC SPORT | Football | Oldham 3-5 Wrexham
Mark Jones was unplayable that night. Another classic but typical Wrexham we gave them a lifeline.

Then there was the LDV final itself. Probably the last great day out watching Wrexham. The FAT trophy just wasn't the same for me.

Nothing from non league. Its all been shit.
Old 20th March 2020, 08.17:33   #74-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

Too many great memories to go along with the the all too many bad memories!
Old 20th March 2020, 08.18:09   #75-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
———————————-Lloyd

Evans————-Davis————-Roberts————-Dwyer

Shinton———-Sutton————Thomas————-Griffiths

——————-Ashcroft————-Whittle

Thomas 2
Ashcroft

19,156 with 1,500 Reds!

‘WREXHAM A Complete Record 1872-1992’ by Pete Jones
Fabulous team and fabulous night!
Old 20th March 2020, 08.59:32   #76-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltshire_Red View Post
You have a good memory, Dave Smallman’s first goal for Everton against Sheffield United https://youtu.be/FHV-PfV9F_U on The Big Match. A natural striker who was blighted by injuries.
Another hero playing that day, 'Dai the Drop'
Old 20th March 2020, 09.23:15   #77-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand centre

Probably not my most favourite Wrexham memory, but never the less a great night out.

LDV vans semi final first leg vs Oldham where we won 5-3. The atmosphere in the away end that night was fantastic.

I remember we went 5-1 up at one stage after Ugarte scored a hat trick, but then we gave them that lifeline by conceding two late goals, including a controversial penalty. I remember also Foster made a super save right at the end to avoid a 5-4 score line.

First time I really believed we could get to the final that year.
Prior to that I was thinking Wrexham would cock it up as they usually did.
Old 20th March 2020, 09.44:51   #78-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: mold road kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
I feel slightly more mature today so here goes with a couple..

Hartlepool 4 - 6 Wrexham - A game I'll never forget. So glad I was there to witness that madness. What a game of football that was.

This game: BBC SPORT | Football | Oldham 3-5 Wrexham
Mark Jones was unplayable that night. Another classic but typical Wrexham we gave them a lifeline.

Then there was the LDV final itself. Probably the last great day out watching Wrexham. The FAT trophy just wasn't the same for me.

Nothing from non league. Its all been shit.
I think there was 126 of us at Hartlepool and I unintentionally kept my ticket. A few years later ugarte was a guest of the club on a match day so I thought I’d get him to sign it. When I couldn’t find it I asked the missus if she’d seen it and she said “ oh I threw it away “
Old 20th March 2020, 09.57:44   #79-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by percy vere View Post
I think there was 126 of us at Hartlepool and I unintentionally kept my ticket. A few years later ugarte was a guest of the club on a match day so I thought I’d get him to sign it. When I couldn’t find it I asked the missus if she’d seen it and she said “ oh I threw it away “
Yes there wasn't a huge following that day, I seem to remember not expecting anything from the game, especially when they took the lead.

She's now an ex missus, right?
Old 20th March 2020, 10.57:09   #80-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

For moments of ecstasy you can't beat a last minute winner.

Beating Ipswich Town when they were in the top flight in the FA Cup - they had equalised quite near the end to make the tie 1 - 1.
Then in the dying embers of the game we got a penalty at the kop end.
You just knew Gary Bennett would create something magical - he dispatched the penalty and we won 2 - 1 to send us to Old Trafford in the next round.
The week after we beat Ipswich in the cup they went to Anfield and beat Liverpool 0 - 1 in the league so logically, we were better than Liverpool at the time.

Similarly - being 2 - 0 down in the league at Walsall and second half kicking towards our fans making a massive comeback and getting the winner in the last minute or so through Craig Faulconbridge to make it 2 - 3 - the Walsall balti pies were special too.
Old 20th March 2020, 11.30:43   #81-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
For moments of ecstasy you can't beat a last minute winner.

Beating Ipswich Town when they were in the top flight in the FA Cup - they had equalised quite near the end to make the tie 1 - 1.
Then in the dying embers of the game we got a penalty at the kop end.
You just knew Gary Bennett would create something magical - he dispatched the penalty and we won 2 - 1 to send us to Old Trafford in the next round.
The week after we beat Ipswich in the cup they went to Anfield and beat Liverpool 0 - 1 in the league so logically, we were better than Liverpool at the time.

Similarly - being 2 - 0 down in the league at Walsall and second half kicking towards our fans making a massive comeback and getting the winner in the last minute or so through Craig Faulconbridge to make it 2 - 3 - the Walsall balti pies were special too.
As comebacks go the 4-3 at Luton was incredible in 2000 I had wanted to go to the game but my daughter hosted a Halloween party for her school friends so i was grounded. Lets just say I was Jeckyll and Hyde that day !
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.59:48.