Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th March 2020, 09.43:36   #10-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Now in the Eric
Twitter: @

Default Re: Favourite Positive Moment as a Wrexham Fan

Not a great game but for a single moment I can't think of much better than Kevin Russell's late winner at West Ham.

There are loads of other more minor moments that stick in my mind - One is Mel Pejic's late equalizer at Darlington on a Tuesday night - I remember we all went beserk.
Old 19th March 2020, 09.46:25   #11-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Mine was Paul Rutherford’s side step dummie on Geraint to get to the photocopier first to sign his contract as Geraint said is was a mistake and was going to put it in the shredder.

In all seriousness the Arsenal game was immense as I was 10 at the time but I think the Luton game in the league, 3-0 down at half time and down to 10 men and coming back to win 4-3
Old 19th March 2020, 09.59:17   #12-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Finding it hard to pick one. The away win at Bury when we got promoted in 2003, the 3-2 away win at Hillsborough the following season and the 2-1 over Tranmere when Shaun Holmes thumped one in from far out are some of my earlier memories. Not long after that there was the LDV Vans final with Fergie's forward roll after he nicked one late on.

More recently the Brentford and Brighton FA Cup games were pretty ace and I'll never forget going 1-0 up at Stoke. In the league the away win at Kidderminster in the play offs was probably the happiest I've been following Wrexham for a long time. The first time at Wembley in the trophy was also special.

Nice to remind yourself there have been some pretty good times following Wrexham as well as the bad.
Old 19th March 2020, 10.00:08   #13-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

King Connolly slotting in the third at St Andrews
Old 19th March 2020, 10.13:53   #14-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
King Connolly slotting in the third at St Andrews
Had £10 at 33/1 on a 3-1 win.

Paid for my dear, old mam's washing-machine.

A great day out!
Old 19th March 2020, 10.14:37   #15-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post

In all seriousness the Arsenal game was immense as I was 10 at the time but I think the Luton game in the league, 3-0 down at half time and down to 10 men and coming back to win 4-3
A final warning, not a Yellow Card!

Positive vibes, only!

Last edited by Prodigal Dragon; 19th March 2020 at 10.17:10..
Old 19th March 2020, 10.18:03   #16-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonspark View Post
Wrexham 7 v Rothyerham 1, aprill 22 1978, five nil up half time, they said only 16,000 there, bollocks, you couldnt move on the kop, there was 16,000 on the pitch after kick off, i still have vivid memories of that whole day, my first true taste of pure ecstasy.
One vivid memory is standing by the Arts College entrance looking up to the racecourse and down into town, the crowd were singing and chanting with raised hands clapping, as far as could be seen in both directions there was raised clapping hands, it looked so bloody impressive, must stop this i,ll be crying in a minute
I was stood in Yale Paddock with my brother that day, remember Gareth Davies sitting on the side lines in his kit crying tears of joy and me and my brother patting him on the back- not sure had he come off injured.

What a day and what a feeling.
Old 19th March 2020, 10.21:26   #17-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Agree that the Rotherham game was key in that it sent the club in to the ,what is the Championship, managed by a lad from Hightown !!! Then of course the 2 matches v Anderlecht which saw the club go head to head against one of the top European teams at the time.
For me - Rotherham and home - and - Anderlecht at home. There are of course many others in the cup yet I don't put the Arsenal win that high up the list because there were many more memorable cup encounters.

Last edited by Inside Left; 19th March 2020 at 10.22:46..
Old 19th March 2020, 10.27:57   #18-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

The welsh cup final '95 needs a mention.

Watching that again on youtube just reminded me what a quality striker Gary Bennett was.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.38:02.