RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Decision on finishing the season (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115529-decision-finishing-season.html)

ETHAN RED 27th March 2020 10.09:47

Re: Decision on finishing the season

[QUOTE=Superunknown;2350448]What is BW's situation?[/QUOTE]

One page back Tom WAFC quotes the Boreham wood chairman

NottsRed 27th March 2020 10.16:49

[QUOTE=Foxy;2350475]If the season is played to a finish the four that go down will be those teams who are the least well prepared mentally and physically. I have absolutely no confidence in our Board and management’s ability to install such an effective preparation regime.[/QUOTE]

Given how poor we are after having not played for a week id have no faith in the squad or coaching staff in coming back and putting together any kind of form that could keep us up.

If PPG keeps us up then id take that and tbh id take the season being null and void. Playing the remaining games could very well see us relegated.

Red Light 27th March 2020 12.00:04

Just read Steve Bruce's suggestions for ending the season - to play a game every day and have a festival of football - he's utterly deluded.

Two issues to consider.

Firstly, will this seasons games (in all leagues) be cleared ? very doubtful.
Football has it's place in the annual calendar - to go beyond the scheduled finish date will impact on other annual events - for example stewarding and catering who will already theoretically be booked in for summer events.

So if we don't see another ball kicked then what's to be done with league standings, promotion and relegation ?
My guess is nothing - all suspended and at the most hopeful start a new season in August.

But there's no end in sight to all this - infact I suspect we are just starting out on a very long road to recovery - none of us knows but there will come a point where some big decisions will have to be made - lets hope the National League management fall in line with the rest of the country this time.

Glossopred 27th March 2020 14.40:27

In my opinion there is only one solution to this whole dilemma.
The season should end now with teams' positioned by points per game (PPG).
There should be no play-off matches - BUT - Barrow should be promoted. They are ahead on all counts and they will replace Bury in the Football League (Stevenage would not be relegate).
Chorley would be relegated from N.L. as their position is already virtually irretrievable.
This would leave two vacancies in our league to be filled by Kings Lynn Town (N.L.North)(PPG) and Wealdstone (N.L.South)
This leaves a full complement of 24 teams to start the new season,as usual, in August.
OR IS THIS TOO SIMPLE!!!!

Prodigal Dragon 27th March 2020 14.42:15

[QUOTE=Glossopred;2350536]In my opinion there is only one solution to this whole dilemma.
There should be no play-off matches - BUT - Barrow should be promoted. They are ahead on all counts and they will replace Bury in the Football League (Stevenage would not be relegate).
Chorley would be relegated from N.L. as their position is already virtually irretrievable.
This would leave two vacancies in our league to be filled by Kings Lynn Town (N.L.North)(PPG) and Wealdstone (N.L.South)
This leaves a full complement of 24 teams to start the new season,as usual, in August.
OR IS THIS TOO SIMPLE!!!![/QUOTE]

That would be my solution, too.

davewilli 27th March 2020 14.42:49

[QUOTE=Glossopred;2350536]In my opinion there is only one solution to this whole dilemma.
OR IS THIS TOO SIMPLE!!!![/QUOTE]

Give the FL & NL a call.

Vorporix 27th March 2020 14.44:19

[url]https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52064082[/url]

Bryn Tirion 27th March 2020 14.48:46

[QUOTE=Tom wafc;2350433]All players are on different contracts. Boreham Wood chairman has said they have 10 players out of contract and 5 loan players going back to their club on April 25th. So they'd have 6 players left. I would imagine there will be a few out of contract here on April 25th too.

So there is absolutely no chance another game will be played this season. It would create more mess trying to play the season than to finish it now.[/QUOTE]

Should manage a point against them then.

Keates would still play 1 up front against 6 men.

joe 27th March 2020 14.54:26

It’s only Boreham Wood anyway. Don’t even think their own fans would miss them.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.31:52.