Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31st March 2020, 20.01:50   #181-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: UPPER YALE STAND TOWN END
Real Name: GRAHAM
Twitter: @





Default Re: Decision on finishing the season

As I have said before it has to be abandon the season completely. Rewriting the rule book and adopting for instance points per game is going to come up with just as many threats of legal action as ending it prematurely. I cant see any legal proceedings winning in the courts and even if they did many/ most clubs would be in a good financial position to pay any damages. I can honestly see the first return to football being behind closed doors and free to air so that millions of people still staying at home can watch it. Friendly games between the Premier League teams most likely. Goodness knows when though.
Old 31st March 2020, 20.01:59   #182-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
There is no fair way. The solution has to be the least unfair.
If your solution is fair, why arent you relegating anyone with it? If it's good enough to award medals, then it's good enough to send people down.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 31st March 2020, 21.17:44   #183-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Ddraigoch's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Decision on finishing the season

From the club Website

The following is an update from the board of the National League regarding the 2019/20 campaign.

The National League Board met earlier today and has reviewed its prior decision to suspend the competition until at least 3rd April 2020.

In consideration of the very serious and unprecedented national public health emergency caused by the coronavirus, the Board has taken the decision to suspend the National League, National League North and National League South competitions indefinitely.

The National League is currently obtaining specialist legal advice, is consulting regularly with The Football Association and other stakeholders, and is committed to involving its member clubs in a pending decision on how best to conclude the 2019/20 season.
Old 31st March 2020, 21.19:39   #184-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Decision on finishing the season

Barrow are hoping to be voted back in after being unfairly being voted out.
Old 31st March 2020, 21.31:51   #185-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
Haruki's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: GUS
Real Name: Doug
Twitter: @





Default Re: Decision on finishing the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
The National League and FA executives are in very difficult positions due to the threat of legal action by some clubs. They have taken a necessary step to ending the season, but will need time to consult all the clubs.

They cannot please all the clubs and their fans, but a resolution will be required. I don't envy them.
Which is why finishing this season before starting a new one is the only option
Old 31st March 2020, 21.35:15   #186-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
Haruki's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: GUS
Real Name: Doug
Twitter: @





Default Re: Decision on finishing the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter View Post
As I have said before it has to be abandon the season completely. Rewriting the rule book and adopting for instance points per game is going to come up with just as many threats of legal action as ending it prematurely. I cant see any legal proceedings winning in the courts and even if they did many/ most clubs would be in a good financial position to pay any damages. I can honestly see the first return to football being behind closed doors and free to air so that millions of people still staying at home can watch it. Friendly games between the Premier League teams most likely. Goodness knows when though.
I’m sick of saying the same thing but no one can answer me as to why you would start a new season before finishing this one? It makes no sense at all and sets us up for years of legal challenges and arguments. Finish the season when safe to do so and then whatever time that takes us to will force out a decision on whether next season needs to be adjusted somehow but at least that would be known upfront and therefore fair to all.
Old 31st March 2020, 22.42:21   #187-0 (permalink)
Club Captain
 
ozzy red's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: I wish
Real Name: Mike Roberts
Twitter: @





Default Re: Decision on finishing the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
I’m sick of saying the same thing but no one can answer me as to why you would start a new season before finishing this one? It makes no sense at all and sets us up for years of legal challenges and arguments. Finish the season when safe to do so and then whatever time that takes us to will force out a decision on whether next season needs to be adjusted somehow but at least that would be known upfront and therefore fair to all.
This is only a valid solution if enough teams survive to complete a full season.
Many could fold.
There is no easy decision without knowing how long the break will be and how that impacts income and players contracts.
Fairness will not be a priority here, survival will.

There is a scenario where Wrexham could end up in the Football league due to many teams going broke. Then comes the question of how long can Wrexham survive with no games.
__________________
Founding member of the Reds down under.....

Last edited by ozzy red; 31st March 2020 at 22.44:12..
Old 1st April 2020, 00.36:57   #188-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Decision on finishing the season

When are you going to finish this season? September, after Christmas,sometime in the new year, which is well into the 20/21 season.There's isn't an option that I can see other than calling it a day on this season. And start the next season when the powers that be tell us all it's safe to do so.
Old 1st April 2020, 01.20:46   #189-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
Welsh Kiwi's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: A red seat
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Decision on finishing the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Excellent post no guarantee of this virus not going on for a year or more nobody knows in truth because it's a new virus and a lot of businesses including football clubs will go to the wall in the leagues above not just our league and below... Football when it does eventually re-start is going to become changed forever, those that survive in the leagues outside the Premier may have to form new league's with the surviving clubs, infact expect some Premier clubs like Bournemouth Brighton etc to struggle to, the rich clubs backers will have lost millions with what will be a recession not seen since the second World War.

Football should be forgotten about now the world is suffering.

One bright spot with humanity confined to their homes Nature is starting to heal the damage done by the overpopulated humans destroying it. Air pollution in cities and towns is tumbling already, which is a major cause of COPD, rivers are clearing.

It's a lesson for mankind that we cannot keep on blindly ignoring our environment.

Stay safe everyone.
Posted via mobile theme

JND, thank you. I resonate with this bold bit in this post more than any other words of yours I have read over many years on RP. I have agreed with some posts and disagreed with others. As am sure you have done with mine!

Football is a religion to many. You take someone's religion away and people start to feel depressed, anxious and at a loss.

In that sense I feel football remains very important in our social community. It affects a lot of people and their loved ones. Even those who don't like football.

Of course there is the classic Shankly quote regarding football and life and death. That was taken a bit out of context I feel.

I do agree that football has to take somewhat of a back step while the fall out is understood by the masses. Because it has still not been understood yet. It is a evolving story each day.

I agree nature is our solution.

We have disregarded her for too long. Sucked her finite resources up and thrown them into the refuse bin.

The world needs to listen, to love and to then heal.

It's going to take a long time.

We (all on red passion) are going to need to help one another, because though we love our club with all our hearts, we can't expect the club to help us. The club are actually going to be expecting us to help them.

We all have families and loved ones. We all need income to buy food and pay the rent or the mortgage or whatever else we feel we need. Our basics our shelter, food and health. The rest (including football) are our wants. B

But football does provide positive mental wellbeing for many. Even those who feel this season has created mental pain (it clearly did) we still need it to have football in our lives as something that has always been there that we always cling on to.

I personally feel as a community rather than debating wether or how this season is going to unfold. (I think it's obvious it will have to be cancelled if it hasn't already) We should be trying to figure out how we can all help one another. As a community by sharing our knowledge and needs.

Due to the severity of the situation unfolding don't think this is an Off Topic conversation.

Perhaps Red Passion should create a fundraiser for the Red Passion community?

To put ourselves first as a loving community and help one another.

As self employed person, I don't have great funds but I do have enough to help. Am happy to put in £100 to start if anyone (Rob ? can help to set it up )

It's just a thought.
__________________
Make Wrexham A.F.C. Great Again...
Old 1st April 2020, 06.58:31   #190-0 (permalink)
Club Captain
 
ozzy red's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: I wish
Real Name: Mike Roberts
Twitter: @





Default Re: Decision on finishing the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Kiwi View Post
JND, thank you. I resonate with this bold bit in this post more than any other words of yours I have read over many years on RP. I have agreed with some posts and disagreed with others. As am sure you have done with mine!

Football is a religion to many. You take someone's religion away and people start to feel depressed, anxious and at a loss.

In that sense I feel football remains very important in our social community. It affects a lot of people and their loved ones. Even those who don't like football.

Of course there is the classic Shankly quote regarding football and life and death. That was taken a bit out of context I feel.

I do agree that football has to take somewhat of a back step while the fall out is understood by the masses. Because it has still not been understood yet. It is a evolving story each day.

I agree nature is our solution.

We have disregarded her for too long. Sucked her finite resources up and thrown them into the refuse bin.

The world needs to listen, to love and to then heal.

It's going to take a long time.

We (all on red passion) are going to need to help one another, because though we love our club with all our hearts, we can't expect the club to help us. The club are actually going to be expecting us to help them.

We all have families and loved ones. We all need income to buy food and pay the rent or the mortgage or whatever else we feel we need. Our basics our shelter, food and health. The rest (including football) are our wants. B

But football does provide positive mental wellbeing for many. Even those who feel this season has created mental pain (it clearly did) we still need it to have football in our lives as something that has always been there that we always cling on to.

I personally feel as a community rather than debating wether or how this season is going to unfold. (I think it's obvious it will have to be cancelled if it hasn't already) We should be trying to figure out how we can all help one another. As a community by sharing our knowledge and needs.

Due to the severity of the situation unfolding don't think this is an Off Topic conversation.

Perhaps Red Passion should create a fundraiser for the Red Passion community?

To put ourselves first as a loving community and help one another.

As self employed person, I don't have great funds but I do have enough to help. Am happy to put in £100 to start if anyone (Rob ? can help to set it up )

It's just a thought.
Happy to have any RP contributor have a free weeks accommodation in Sydney once you can travel again (plenty of room for a couple) ...there you go I've kicked it off.
__________________
Founding member of the Reds down under.....
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.53:27.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12