Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31st March 2020, 16.04:17   #163-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Decision on finishing the season

Just an update...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/52092442
Posted via mobile theme
Old 31st March 2020, 16.18:35   #164-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: In the Yale Paddock front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
Completely agree. I have no idea what the answer is but you can't just hand Barrow the title as there is plenty of time for things to change in our division. Notts County and Harrogate are in better form than Barrow I think.
Harrogate are 4 points behind Barrow but play them at home next game should it go ahead, win that and they will be 1 point behind with 8 games to play. There will be scenarios like that for promotion and relegation in every division, no wonder the National league are taking legal advice as any decision even PPG will upset teams on a good run of form or those with potentially easier fixtures left. Even Redpassion can't agree.
Old 31st March 2020, 16.27:18   #165-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

There should be only one thing on the mind of any sensible chairman of a football club

How do I ensure the club exits when football starts again .

sport will be one of the last things to restart ( much easier to say not now as the risks are too high)

This means cutting the cloth accordingly

All clubs will have to significantly cut costs ie primarily wages

With no income and no likelihood of any in the near future and the national league suspended indefinitely, there will be many clubs now making that tough choice.

Worrying about who gets promoted or relegated is irrelevant

How many clubs will fail is the real question

Watch the flood gates on actions now
Old 31st March 2020, 16.34:57   #166-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: anywhere

Something like this has never really happened before and the implications could be enormous. I can understand the various points of view and have sympathy with winners and losers. I am not sure you can justify promotion or relegation with 8 or 9 games to go. Many times the team top at this stage has not got promoted. We do need to wait and see where this all leads. It is highly likely that quite a few clubs may not be able to carry on either because their players are out of contract or because clubs just do not have any money to offer new contracts. This could go on quite some time and have enormous consequences for jobs, mortgage payers etc.
Old 31st March 2020, 17.04:49   #167-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @??????

With teams having around 8-10 games remaining, the most basic requirement on time would be to scrap the play-offs and promote the top 2/3 subject to league (this is how it should be anyway IMHO). It would take around 4 weeks playing Sat, Weds without exceptions to complete the outstanding fixtures. Cancel the prelim rounds of the FACup until 1st Qual for 20/21 also cancel the FATrophy and the League cup. This would free-up many dates to complete the various league programmes even in the event of a late start.
Old 31st March 2020, 17.15:47   #168-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Top two up into the EFL and four up into our league from North and South. So 26 teams next season and two more home games for revenue.
So which out of the 6 teams in the play off zone would get the second promotion spot from our league?
Posted via mobile theme
Old 31st March 2020, 17.16:54   #169-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxm boy View Post
So which out of the 6 teams in the play off zone would get the second promotion spot from our league?
Posted via mobile theme
The one in the highest position on a ppg basis at this moment.
Old 31st March 2020, 17.20:15   #170-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
The one in the highest position on a ppg basis at this moment.
But your changing the rules then, if your now having 2 automatic spots.

You can't change the rules part way through a competition. That's fundamentally unfair.

For me you either finish the competition or you abandon it. You can't start changing the rules mid way through.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 31st March 2020, 17.23:27   #171-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

The National League and FA executives are in very difficult positions due to the threat of legal action by some clubs. They have taken a necessary step to ending the season, but will need time to consult all the clubs.

They cannot please all the clubs and their fans, but a resolution will be required. I don't envy them.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.11:48.