RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Players we released too early (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115534-players-we-released-too-early.html)

ruthinred 26th March 2020 10.30:10

Players we released too early

Bit of fun ,, could be a long list,, no time limit

Glen Little
Kevin Roberts

Robin Gibson
Blaine Hudson
Scott Boden

**contreversial. - I never thought Nicky Deverdics was that bad either:eek:

LWR 26th March 2020 10.34:19

Re: Players we released too early

[QUOTE=ruthinred;2350348]Bit of fun ,, could be a long list,, no time limit

Glen Little
Kevin Roberts

Robin Gibson
Blaine Hudson
Scott Boden

**contreversial. - I never thought Nicky Deverdics was that bad either:eek:[/QUOTE]

Its quite astounding the amount of players that we hung onto for too long. You can probably count on 1 hand the amount of players we released who went on to bigger and better things.

There was players we offered terms to who ultimately left. But thats a different matter Andy Fleming being an example.

Chris Maxwell
Jimmy McNulty.

They're the only 2 I can think of.

From your list you can certainly argue the cas for Boden. But Gibson fell down the leagues. Hudson we terrible his last season for us.

NottsRed 26th March 2020 10.44:00

Did Rooney ever get offered another contract or was his just run down due to that games played clause?

Theres been so many players used each season its difficult but id say the main one would be Quigley. Since he left us hes proved he is a good enough striker at this level given the right tactics used.

davewilli 26th March 2020 10.49:29

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2350351]Did Rooney ever get offered another contract or was his just run down due to that games played clause?

Theres been so many players used each season its difficult but id say the main one would be Quigley. Since he left us hes proved he is a good enough striker at this level given the right tactics used.[/QUOTE]

Scott Quiggley was never ours to release, when we looked to sign him he stayed at Bla kpool and chose to go to P Vale on loan, where they thought he was pants. If rumours were correct he then chose Barrow's offer of a 3 year deal over coming here.

ruthinred 26th March 2020 10.49:54

Shaun. Whaley -- released by saunders

Royal welsh red 26th March 2020 11.01:27

Not giving Lee Trundle the extra few quid he wanted to stay here was a horrendous decision.

Cenotaff 26th March 2020 11.06:32

Matty Done
Jordan White
Martin Riley
Manny Smith - The first time

Hometown Unicorn 26th March 2020 11.14:20

[QUOTE=ruthinred;2350354]Shaun. Whaley -- released by saunders[/QUOTE]

You win.

benwilliams 26th March 2020 11.21:25

I think Mark Duffy was on our books as a youngster and went in to play in at least the champ and maybe even Prem with Sheff U (not 100% sure) so definitely him.

There are players who left us despite our attempts to keep them eg Trundle Morrell Carlos but I think the OP is alluding it cases where it was our decision not to retain.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

LWR 26th March 2020 11.25:45

Duffy is a great shout.
As is Whalley

[QUOTE=Cenotaff;2350358]Matty Done
Jordan White
Martin Riley
Manny Smith - The first time[/QUOTE]

Can make a case of White.

But the other 3 were all offered contracts... I think. Not positive on Manny..

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.03:58.