Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd April 2020, 14.21:00   #1-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Twitter: @

Default All staff including players at Wrexham AFC to be furloughed

Bit a of a more grim sounding update from the club than other recent ones. I've copied the headlines, but there's a bigger statement on the link below.

Quote:
The Board of the Wrexham Supporters Trust wishes to share the following important update regarding COVID-19 and its impact on the Football Club.

Following the recent National League announcement, in which it was confirmed the current season would be suspended indefinitely – and in light of ongoing, vital UK Government restrictions – important decisions have had to be made to safeguard the future of the Football Club.

As well as providing reassurance for supporters, we have been making provision to save every penny we can by systematically shutting down the Racecourse and having a structured approach to cost reduction. However, there are only so many costs we can take out from that approach.

As a result, we have today communicated with all employees of the business – including the playing and coaching staff – to ask them to agree to move into the Government-organised Job Retention Scheme. The decision to furlough employees means we can pay them on an ongoing basis under the conditions announced by the Government.

All employees would remain employees of Wrexham AFC under the terms of their employment contracts.

This decision has not been taken lightly, and we need the understanding, sacrifice and co-operation of the employees of Wrexham AFC for the club to survive and move forwards.
https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/st...ct-of-covid-19
Old 2nd April 2020, 14.23:54   #2-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Default Re: All staff including players at Wrexham AFC to be furloughed

Pretty grim but not entirely unsurprising given the current situation.

You have to think though as bad as it is there are going to be other clubs in a much worse situation than us at the moment.
Old 2nd April 2020, 14.24:56   #3-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
Pretty grim but not entirely unsurprising given the current situation.

You have to think though as bad as it is there are going to be other clubs in a much worse situation than us at the moment.
We'll be better off but the headline figure of being down £250,000 due to loss of match day revenue is pretty concerning.
Old 2nd April 2020, 14.27:06   #4-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
It seems the sensible business move, and as you say, I get the feeling we are in a better position than most to survive this hibernation period however long it could be.
Old 2nd April 2020, 14.27:51   #5-0 (permalink)
WV1
Cult Hero

I’m not sure it is that grim...

They’re using the schemes out there to protect the club long term. Effectively shutting down the club in the short term.

It’s a sensible decision.

As has been said, there will be clubs higher up in a worse position.

Do we know what cash reserve we have? That would be my question. How much is there to pay the small amount of costs in the short term
Old 2nd April 2020, 14.28:04   #6-0 (permalink)
-

I fear lots of lower League clubs will go to the wall.
Old 2nd April 2020, 14.30:53   #7-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot:

I am assuming player contracts run until the end of June. So the government will pick up the tab from now . We will then only have to pay a few players in contract from july onwards . How many non playing paid staff do we have? l
Old 2nd April 2020, 14.30:53   #8-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Glad the Board are again doing their job, distressing though it may be.

My 2 questions would be:

Can you furlough contracted players? as opposed to salaried staff.

Will the Board seek a deferment on, or reduction of, the £100k we pay Glyndwr University for the lease of the ground?

Finally, we will have to be quite hard-nosed when it comes to renewing contracts.

PS To help out our club, I will not seek any refund for my ST or extra tickets I had also bought. Not everyone will be able to follow suit, but I would urge those fans who can to put aside their distrust of the Trust, put the club first, and resolve the outstanding issues of accountability in due course.

The whole country is currently in a bad place, as is our club. Let's not make it any worse than need be.

Last edited by Prodigal Dragon; 2nd April 2020 at 14.35:22..
Old 2nd April 2020, 14.31:13   #9-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Are we early in making this announcement or have other clubs already stated similar? I have seen a couple, Barrow for instance, but very few others. surely most of the clubs in our league are going to have to take similar measures.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.17:00.