Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th April 2020, 12.41:06   #91-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Build the budget

Preseason needs total clear out starting in the boardroom then the management team
Old 9th April 2020, 12.43:35   #92-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Don't be so sure!

It was said a thousand times in Flynnie's first seasons, but that stability and loyalty shown paid dividends. How many impatient chairmen have acted too soon and lived to regret it.
The current board are going through 2 managers a season, minimum, so you may be on to something..
Old 9th April 2020, 12.55:42   #93-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Don't be so sure!

It was said a thousand times in Flynnie's first seasons, but that stability and loyalty shown paid dividends. How many impatient chairmen have acted too soon and lived to regret it.
Flynn had a plan, a way of progressing, a desire to achieve things at the club and loyalty to us.

Keates has none of that. I'm too young to remember a Flynn team, but it was also most certainly more exciting than the shower of sh*t we have to put up with under Keates.

The theory of backing your manager and giving him time only works if its the right person to start with. Keates most definitely is not.
Old 9th April 2020, 14.19:35   #94-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
I'm not fond of the concept of getting the buckets out again, particularly when a lot of fans might be strapped for cash. Not making this personal against Keates or the board, I just think it's hard to justify.
Posted via mobile theme
I was one of the bucket carriers last time round hardly got a thank you , No one collected my bucket either I had to go round from mrs to the main entrance and hand it in .
Old 9th April 2020, 14.58:45   #95-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
Flynn had a plan, a way of progressing, a desire to achieve things at the club and loyalty to us.

Keates has none of that. I'm too young to remember a Flynn team, but it was also most certainly more exciting than the shower of sh*t we have to put up with under Keates.

The theory of backing your manager and giving him time only works if its the right person to start with. Keates most definitely is not.
You'd be amazed at how many people moaned about the Flynn years. Crowds were at least 1k lower than they are now.
Old 9th April 2020, 15.12:34   #96-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post

Flynn had a plan for the youth set up or at least an ambition along with Cliff Sear to emulate other clubs and achieve an academy. Unfortunately we didnt fulfill that ambition and settled for a CoE. There wasn't any other plan in place other than survival and Flynn was forced to play kids mixed a few veterans and our saving grace was there was no relegation. The board appreciated his potential and ignored the repeated chants of 'Flynn out' and credit to Flynn in his second season we showed some progress in the league but the miracle win against Arsenal, set us up and Flynn made some master strokes bringing in Carey permanently and Bennet then things took off,with the some of the kids benefitting from the first team experience they would not normally have been given.

It's sometimes easy in hindsight to see how things went wrong but equally it can be seen how things fell into place and success was gained. Our loyalty in the past has proved our best formula, similar to Utd sticking with Ferguson and Everton with Kendall.

Last edited by davewilli; 9th April 2020 at 15.17:52..
Old 9th April 2020, 15.18:38   #97-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Flynn had a plan for the youth set up or at least an ambition along with Cliff Sear to emulate other clubs and achieve an academy. Unfortunately we didnt fulfill that ambition and settled for a CoE. There wasn't any other plan in place other than survival and Flynn was forced to play kids mixed a few veterans and our saving grace was there was no relegation. The board appreciated his potential and ignored the repeated chants of 'Flynn out' and credit to Flynn in his second season we showed some progress in the league but the miracle win against Arsenal, set us up and Flynn made some master strokes bringing in Carey permanently and Bennet then things took off,with the some of the kids benefitting from the first team experience they would not normally have been given.
The death of Cliff Sear was a major set-back to the club's development of youth players and the scouting of external talent.

A really nice chap, too!
Old 9th April 2020, 15.26:01   #98-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexhamO View Post
The current board are going through 2 managers a season, minimum, so you may be on to something..
That needs to stop, in my opinion is the reason we are where we are and to continue will almost certainly see us continue to fail.

All I'm saying is give Keates a chance, if we had gone down then he would deserve the sack and provided he gets a decent budget next term a minimum requirement would be top 7.

He seems to have the backing of the senior players and I'm sure will have an idea of his squad for next term with targets he wants to bring in. I would much rather go with that then,rip Italy up again and throw the squad into further turmoil, especially in the current climate.
Old 9th April 2020, 15.35:30   #99-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
That needs to stop, in my opinion is the reason we are where we are and to continue will almost certainly see us continue to fail.

All I'm saying is give Keates a chance, if we had gone down then he would deserve the sack and provided he gets a decent budget next term a minimum requirement would be top 7.

He seems to have the backing of the senior players and I'm sure will have an idea of his squad for next term with targets he wants to bring in. I would much rather go with that then,rip Italy up again and throw the squad into further turmoil, especially in the current climate.
Keates has had a chance, two of them infact, we go through players at a rate of knots, has no interest in the CoE, has been poor to say the least in the transfer market and we still play trudged awful football, with no sign of a plan nor any one player showing any sign of improvement.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.05:17.