RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Build the budget (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115556-build-budget.html)

redknight 3rd April 2020 12.18:39

Build the budget

I have just seen the article from keates about the budget for next season.
I understand that there are many worthy Charities in need however it is also our perogative where we give money.

I doubt the club would think of launching any build the budget campaign whilst we are in the pandemic however it must be something they will need to consider

I for one am fortunate enough that I can forget any money spent on the season ticket that won't be fulfilled and would be happy to contribute towards the club keeping afloat.

For one scrap this training ground idea and save the cash...

Opinions?

davewilli 3rd April 2020 12.25:32

Re: Build the budget

[QUOTE=redknight;2351383]I have just seen the article from keates about the budget for next season.
I understand that there are many worthy Charities in need however it is also our perogative where we give money.

I doubt the club would think of launching any build the budget campaign whilst we are in the pandemic however it must be something they will need to consider

I for one am fortunate enough that I can forget any money spent on the season ticket that won't be fulfilled and would be happy to contribute towards the club keeping afloat.

For one scrap this training ground idea and save the cash...

Opinions?[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I dont know enough about the Training Ground plan to comment i.e. cost to the club, outside investment and or/viable alternatives, but we do need to continue building the infrastructure of the otherwise we won't grow.

northwalian dragon 3rd April 2020 12.33:22

1,000,000% no.

Hard working, dedicated, driven fans that we have gave the club over £100,000 last time around. Not only was that money carelessly thrown away by the man we have in charge now but Keates only stuck around for 6 weeks after throwing away all that hard earned money that fans had given.

Secondly the board have thrown away hundreds of thousands of pounds. Danny Ward money gone. 20% increase in budget given to a footgolf manager, gone. A further increase in budget to give to Keates in January to have us still fighting for our lives. Payoffs for shite players. Payoffs for shite managers. Massive drop in attendances due to hiring a bloke that the majority didn't want. Over 40 players used this season. Paying for additional security to protect their egos. Potentially paying whoever has taken over the DSA's responsibilities. A vanity project of a training ground that does not have the support of the fanbase etc.

You're free to do with your money as you wish but in my opinion if you're putting it into another build the budget with Keates and the board still at the club you're an idiot.

Give it to those in need, not a badly run football club that is set-up to fail regardless of how much money is thrown at it.

I encourage anyone that wants to help Wrexham AFC - Demand Change First. Then we can all ride the wave of optimism and all pull in the same direction. That will never happen without change throughout, even the club captain says so.

Demand Change.

fezbob 3rd April 2020 12.39:24

I'm not fond of the concept of getting the buckets out again, particularly when a lot of fans might be strapped for cash. Not making this personal against Keates or the board, I just think it's hard to justify.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

chef1 3rd April 2020 12.58:39

No chance will I give any money to this current set up

OneLoveWrexham 3rd April 2020 13.11:43

Regardless of the situation these jokers won’t be getting anymore money off me to waste.

NottsRed 3rd April 2020 13.40:26

Until the current set up goes I won't be giving them a penny.

Rob Edwards 3rd April 2020 14.05:29

Keates has not shown enough this season to justify being the manager when season 2020/21 starts.

REDGOG 3rd April 2020 14.18:09

[QUOTE=fezbob;2351389]I'm not fond of the concept of getting the buckets out again, particularly when a lot of fans might be strapped for cash. Not making this personal against Keates or the board, I just think it's hard to justify.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Agree with this.

Given over the years but times are hard now and a lot of money has been wasted recently. Good on anyone who still has the faith to still give though.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.51:40.