Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th April 2020, 10.23:54   #1-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Default WST Board meeting minutes 29th January 2020

Wrexham Supporters Society Limited - Minutes of Trust Board Meeting
Held on: 29 January 2020, commencing at 19:30

Venue: The Racecourse Ground, Wrexham

Present: Spencer Harris (SH), Sarah Smith-Howard (SSH), Matt Davies (MD), James Harrison (JH), Gavin Jones (GJ), Stephan Lloyd (SL), Matthew Scott (MS), Brian Phillips (BP), Robert Stock (RS), Mark Williams (MW).

Apologies: Carl Hogan, John Mills.

Chair: Peter Jones (PJ)
Independent Secretary: Joshua Williams (JW)

Matters arising and approval of the minutes of previous meeting

MW responded and waited two weeks for a response in relation to 81 questions from one member.
PJ has looked into resolutions which were about smart objectives and shadowing.
PJ to contact Andy Walsh to see what courses are available for board member training.
VOTE: Proposed by GJ & seconded by BS it was resolved three in favour and two abstaining to approve the minutes, as amended, by those who had been present.

1. Chairs Report

Concerned about future planning. Significant criticism of FC board members continues. Do we need external investment? Do we need to come out of fan ownership?
Discussion around sustainability of club on current budget.
Discussion around implications of selling football club to private investor.
Focus on communication and engagement if continuation with trust ownership.
ACTION: Set up a ‘governance group’ in advance of AGM. Consideration of 11 EGM items and items that are to be put forward by the Trust. PJ to draft remit/scope of work for such a group by next week, after which it will be shared with the board members for comment.
Discussion of complaint in relation to board members contacting employers etc. Write to original complainant to ask whether more details can be provided, otherwise our investigations can go no further.

2. Commercial Group

Discussions around potential beer festival on a matchday. Discussion with Phil Salmon about logistics.
Discussion to be had with GS around hosting matches.
Next year’s raffle prizes to be collected prior to raffle.

3. Football Club Operations

Recent upturn in form. 6 out of 9 wins. Likely to be more player movement before the end of the window. Around budget until around November due to cup money. Fell behind end of December. Two in-game incidents. Pitch encroachment against Chorley. New policies coming into place from Safety Advisory Group. Ongoing discussions in relation to new matchday ticketing system. Call Members’ Meeting in the middle of February. Monday 17th February at 7.30pm

4. Ownership and Membership Group

Membership stands at 3367 Plus 4 members since last meeting Last year 3540 Tranmere Rover trust elections, independent adjudication for their annual board elections Matthew has secured new corporate membership to start next season with the launch of the new membership platform Essential magazine delivered to 1400 home in the North Wales/Wrexham area

5. Community Group

Nightingale House meeting went ahead 28/01. Going ahead. Starting and finishing on the pitch. Estimated 2,000 doing the walk.
Advertise for someone to cover Wrex The Dragon temporarily.
ACTION: Check insurances for event given that we aren’t providing safety officer.

6. Communication and Engagement Group

Nothing to report.

7. Governance and Finance Group Incl. Treasurers Report

Raffle figure down.
Membership income falling.

8. Any other business.

N/A

9. The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 26th February

The meeting ended at 11pm
Old 15th April 2020, 11.42:21   #2-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: WST Board meeting minutes 29th January 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexhamO View Post

Present: Spencer Harris (SH), Sarah Smith-Howard (SSH), Matt Davies (MD), James Harrison (JH), Gavin Jones (GJ), Stephan Lloyd (SL), Matthew Scott (MS), Brian Phillips (BP), Robert Stock (RS), Mark Williams (MW).

MW responded and waited two weeks for a response in relation to 81 questions from one member.
PJ to contact Andy Walsh to see what courses are available for board member training.
VOTE: Proposed by GJ & seconded by BS it was resolved three in favour and two abstaining to approve the minutes, as amended, by those who had been present.

1. Chairs Report

Concerned about future planning. Significant criticism of FC board members continues. Do we need external investment? Do we need to come out of fan ownership?
ACTION: Set up a ‘governance group’ in advance of AGM. Consideration of 11 EGM items and items that are to be put forward by the Trust. PJ to draft remit/scope of work for such a group by next week, after which it will be shared with the board members for comment.
Discussion of complaint in relation to board members contacting employers etc. Write to original complainant to ask whether more details can be provided, otherwise our investigations can go no further.

2. Commercial Group

Discussions around potential beer festival on a matchday. Discussion with Phil Salmon about logistics.

Recent upturn in form. 6 out of 9 wins. Likely to be more player movement before the end of the window. Around budget until around November due to cup money. Fell behind end of December. Two in-game incidents. Pitch encroachment against Chorley. New policies coming into place from Safety Advisory Group. Ongoing discussions in relation to new matchday ticketing system. Call Members’ Meeting in the middle of February. Monday 17th February at 7.30pm

Membership stands at 3367 Plus 4 members since last meeting Last year 3540 Tranmere Rover trust elections, independent adjudication for their annual board elections Matthew has secured new corporate membership to start next season with the launch of the new membership platform Essential magazine delivered to 1400 home in the North Wales/Wrexham area

5. Community Group

Nightingale House meeting went ahead 28/01. Going ahead. Starting and finishing on the pitch. Estimated 2,000 doing the walk.
ACTION: Check insurances for event given that we aren’t providing safety officer.

Nothing to report.

Raffle figure down.

8. Any other business.

N/A

Item 6 Communication and Engagement “nothing to report”.

Those three words speak volumes.
Old 15th April 2020, 11.59:13   #3-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

What is the point made that Mark Williams responder and waited 2 weeks re the 82 questions submitted to the QandA?
Old 15th April 2020, 12.10:36   #4-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Item 6 Communication and Engagement “nothing to report”.

Those three words speak volumes.
Should I worry that we are both picking up on same items in minutes

At the last members meeting someone from the floor asked WST committee members to highlight which area the Trust and club needed to improve on. One after the other on the top table said communication.

Last edited by Inside Left; 15th April 2020 at 12.13:24..
Old 15th April 2020, 12.16:19   #5-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
What is the point made that Mark Williams responder and waited 2 weeks re the 82 questions submitted to the QandA?
He sent me an email on Chistmas Eve, I didn't reply until January 8th as I was taking 2 weeks off over christmas. Here is my email in full:

"Hi Mark,

No need to apologise as it is a very busy time of the year, hence my slow reply back to you.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. The meeting most certainly sounds interesting however it would have to be on the condition that it was recorded and that those that asked questions through myself were also invited to attend. Given that if they all wanted to attend it may as well be a members meeting perhaps that is the best option to take.

I appreciate that there is a large volume of questions to answer but to ignore every single one is staggering to me. Perhaps a handful a week could be answered from now on?

Regards and Happy belated New Year to you,"
Old 15th April 2020, 13.10:18   #6-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

My latest email:

"Hello Mark,

I am disappointed that there has been no further updates on my list of questions that were sent in at the Q&A. It has been 14 weeks since I last emailed you.

Can you provide an update or, preferably, some answers to the questions?

I am more than happy to resend them if you have misplaced them.

Regards,"
Old 15th April 2020, 13.10:46   #7-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:

1. Chairs Report

2. Commercial Group

5. Community Group

Nothing to report.

Raffle figure down.

8. Any other business.

N/A

These appears somewhat light on detail - in particular around the Chair's report!

For example, a summary of the outcome of each of the discussion areas would have been useful unless it is confidential.

Wouldn't expect a novel but crickey a little bit more information would be appreciated.
Old 15th April 2020, 13.26:52   #8-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
He sent me an email on Chistmas Eve, I didn't reply until January 8th as I was taking 2 weeks off over christmas. Here is my email in full:

"Hi Mark,

No need to apologise as it is a very busy time of the year, hence my slow reply back to you.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. The meeting most certainly sounds interesting however it would have to be on the condition that it was recorded and that those that asked questions through myself were also invited to attend. Given that if they all wanted to attend it may as well be a members meeting perhaps that is the best option to take.

I appreciate that there is a large volume of questions to answer but to ignore every single one is staggering to me. Perhaps a handful a week could be answered from now on?

Regards and Happy belated New Year to you,"

Thanks for this ND as I was reading MW having waited 2 weeks As though he hadn't had a reply at all.

So he has had a reply but not responded to It?
Old 15th April 2020, 13.31:35   #9-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Quote:
Thanks for this ND as I was reading MW having waited 2 weeks As though he hadn't had a reply at all.

So he has had a reply but not responded to It?
Yes correct, 14 weeks without hearing anything from Mark or any other members of the board

Still every single questions left unanswered
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.28:23.