Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th April 2020, 21.31:01   #91-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Re: Andy Morrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
What an utterly bizarre comment. No one mentioned mastermind I simply pointed out that Lawrence has no experience or knowledge of the league we operate in or the leagues below which are good leagues to recruit up and coming players from. To me those are more important criteria then those which you listed as positives such as managing an International team from Concaf
You have a point but we will have to agree to disagree.
Old 21st April 2020, 07.56:56   #92-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
I think people look back and see what Morrell achieved here as manager and realise he's probably the best manager we've had here since Denis Smith was sacked. Its got nothing to do with Keates really. The fact he stinks the place out as a manager is a bitter pill for some of his few fans to swallow.
Quite possibly, but look at who we have had. Bit of a shallow achievement really, because I still dont think he (Morrell) was upto much. People seem to whitewash his time here.
Old 21st April 2020, 08.41:52   #93-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
Quite possibly, but look at who we have had. Bit of a shallow achievement really, because I still dont think he (Morrell) was upto much. People seem to whitewash his time here.
Morrell inherited a decent team and got us to 90+ points which in any other season would have seen us promoted. Could you say Keates or Hughes would have done the same with there tactics with the same squad?

Yes Morrell struggled in the transfer market and had to put up with bad apples like Keates in the dressing room but he was head and shoulders above the fiasco we have now.
Old 21st April 2020, 09.35:51   #94-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
Morrell inherited a decent team and got us to 90+ points which in any other season would have seen us promoted. Could you say Keates or Hughes would have done the same with there tactics with the same squad?

Yes Morrell struggled in the transfer market and had to put up with bad apples like Keates in the dressing room but he was head and shoulders above the fiasco we have now.
Again you come back to the current situation which further proves my point I feel. We are forgetting some of the bad stuff because we are in such dire straights at the moment.

Morrell inherited a squad with such quality though, and its mad to think we got to 98 points and didn't go up.

Re Keates, he wasn't a bad apple under Morrell. That was Wilkin.
Old 21st April 2020, 10.49:50   #95-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
He took us to a play off final and won the FAT. How is that a whitewash?

You don't think Morrell was up to much yet when Hughes was sacked you were championing for Keates to return who fcked us over and has achieved the grand total of fck all as a manager apart from relegating his 'hometown club'. That's warped or backwards logic if ever there was.
Old 21st April 2020, 10.50:37   #96-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post

Morrell only struggled with transfer because his budget was continually slashed. Why are people ignoring this?
Old 21st April 2020, 10.55:50   #97-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Premiership footballer.

World Cup footballer.

Coach at Wigan.

Coach at Everton.

Respected by Martinez who, I suggest, is a better judge than you or I.

Romantic old tosh? Possibly. But I give the man more credit than you and still think he would have been better than anyone we have had since Denis Smith.

But the chance has gone.
Nothing as a manager then? He can't compare to Morrell and you know your point is flawed.
He was a player at the World cup not a manager. Huge difference. Does this even matter? I'd say not.
He was a coach at Everton and Wigan. Woohoo.Roll out the red carpet and book the band.
There are loads of coaches in the prem and beyond who have far more on their CV than him so why aren't any of those being mentioned? Because they never played for Wrexham. So you've just confirmed (again) its purely based on sentimental bollocks. Did you learn nothing from the Hughes appointment? Staggering stuff even for you PD.
Old 21st April 2020, 10.57:24   #98-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
He really isn't/wasn't the best manager we've had since Dennis Smith.
He inherited the best squad of players we've had down here, he was one of the lads and kept the ball rolling. He was a good motivator and the players did respond to him initially.

I wouldn't want Morrell here if he had to build his own squad and find his own way of playing.
Name one who did better?

How did Hughes get on 'keeping the ball rolling'?

Every criticism ignores what a good job he did here (yet to be repeated) and the fact his budget was slashed.

Last edited by Phils-an-alki; 21st April 2020 at 11.01:24..
Old 21st April 2020, 11.00:38   #99-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
What an utterly bizarre comment. No one mentioned mastermind I simply pointed out that Lawrence has no experience or knowledge of the league we operate in or the leagues below which are good leagues to recruit up and coming players from. To me those are more important criteria then those which you listed as positives such as managing an International team from Concaf
Yeah but he'd know all the best players from the hugely successful and renowned Trinidad and Tobago lower leagues. I'm surprised Salford didn't go after him.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.41:29.