Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24th April 2020, 18.59:37   #41-0 (permalink)
Club Captain
 
Red_Jackoisback's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: mold road stand
Real Name: david jackson
Twitter: @





Default Re: DEMAND CHANGE. An Open Letter Back to the Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
Agreed we do need more that this petition but as an absolute starting point we need to convince our apathetic fanbase that change is possible. The need for change has been stated by the club themselves but I'm not confident that they'll make anything but minor changes. Big changes need to happen.

The fans voices have been ignored many times, questions have gone unanswered, critics have been silenced, passed resolutions have gone unfulfilled. The petition, when it brings about change, will give hope to Wrexham fans that we do infact own the club and that we can shape it how we want to. That hope should then be carried through to voting for proposed resolutions at EGM/AGM's. At the minute hands are tied and there's not much more that we can do apart from petition the board. The board themselves know we are in a dangerous position due to the pandemic, we have to do something rather than nothing to begin not only securing the future of the club but to see it stand a better chance of success.

ND - can you define what you mean by an apathetic fan base please?

I’m not looking to be argumentative but I am a WST member, sponsor a players shirt, got a season ticket, travel from Wilmslow to home matches and probably watch 30% of away games. I love going to the ground and watching the games good, bad or indifferent. I don’t go to WST meetings as I leave that to those who want to devote their time for free and who I am sure have the best interests of the club at heart.

I did at one time contemplate putting myself forward for the board but why would anyone want the constant crap which is thrown at them? I sure don’t.

As for a wealthy benefactor - I really hope there is one out there, but a run of bad results and it will be owner out, out, out won’t it?

Anyway I really do hope you don’t class me apathetic because I’m not - but I am really only interested in watching football.

Good luck with what you are doing because I can see you care. I also think that you should be cautions about getting what you wish for.
Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2020, 19.32:47   #42-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
northwalian dragon's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: DEMAND CHANGE. An Open Letter Back to the Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Jackoisback View Post
ND - can you define what you mean by an apathetic fan base please?

I’m not looking to be argumentative but I am a WST member, sponsor a players shirt, got a season ticket, travel from Wilmslow to home matches and probably watch 30% of away games. I love going to the ground and watching the games good, bad or indifferent. I don’t go to WST meetings as I leave that to those who want to devote their time for free and who I am sure have the best interests of the club at heart.

I did at one time contemplate putting myself forward for the board but why would anyone want the constant crap which is thrown at them? I sure don’t.

As for a wealthy benefactor - I really hope there is one out there, but a run of bad results and it will be owner out, out, out won’t it?

Anyway I really do hope you don’t class me apathetic because I’m not - but I am really only interested in watching football.

Good luck with what you are doing because I can see you care. I also think that you should be cautions about getting what you wish for.
Certainly - there are many fans that have quite simply lost interest which was inconceivable to me just a short while ago.

Just today I was speaking to a former die hard fan who would go on his own to the likes of Torquay and Bournemouth. He stopped even coming to the Racecourse this season.

Another who has followed the club home and away for almost 40 years without question, good form or bad, who has refused to come back.

There are many people that I know personally and many people that have expressed the same views on social media and forums that they have lost their passion for Wrexham AFC. I honestly never thought I would see that from our fan base.

If you are not feeling that you have lost the club you fell in love with then great! But sadly many, myself included, have. Wrexham AFC was the fearless club. That would stick its chest out and fancy it’s chances against anyone be it Arsenal, Porto, Newcastle, Tottenham, Alex Hamilton, Geoff Moss, Steven Vaughan etc. We had pride in our team win lose or draw, yes we moaned amongst ourselves at times but we’d always be back next week with our hearts on our sleeves ready to blast our songs from the terraces. The Racecourse is now a library, the fans are left without any hope watching the worst style of football we’ve ever witnessed whilst battling it out with the likes of Ebbsfleet and Maidenhead in the lowest positions we’ve ever been in. I truly am delighted that you haven’t lost your passion for the club but many have.

The “constant crap” is fans voicing their genuine concerns. If a wealthy benefactor came in and wasted £1.875 million of the clubs money, make bonkers footballing decisions, treated the fans with contempt, disregarded our disabled supporters, banned the DSA and saw us not just continually fail, but go backwards, year after year for almost a decade then yes they would be facing the same criticisms.

This is not just about a “bad run of results”. To summarise it as that is disrespectful

Please do remain passionate about Wrexham AFC though, we need more people to regain their passion that you still have - and that’s why this open letter hopes to achieve
__________________
Demand Change.
Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2020, 19.56:22   #43-0 (permalink)
Club Captain
 
Red_Jackoisback's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: mold road stand
Real Name: david jackson
Twitter: @





Default Re: DEMAND CHANGE. An Open Letter Back to the Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
Certainly - there are many fans that have quite simply lost interest which was inconceivable to me just a short while ago.

Just today I was speaking to a former die hard fan who would go on his own to the likes of Torquay and Bournemouth. He stopped even coming to the Racecourse this season.

Another who has followed the club home and away for almost 40 years without question, good form or bad, who has refused to come back.

There are many people that I know personally and many people that have expressed the same views on social media and forums that they have lost their passion for Wrexham AFC. I honestly never thought I would see that from our fan base.

If you are not feeling that you have lost the club you fell in love with then great! But sadly many, myself included, have. Wrexham AFC was the fearless club. That would stick its chest out and fancy it’s chances against anyone be it Arsenal, Porto, Newcastle, Tottenham, Alex Hamilton, Geoff Moss, Steven Vaughan etc. We had pride in our team win lose or draw, yes we moaned amongst ourselves at times but we’d always be back next week with our hearts on our sleeves ready to blast our songs from the terraces. The Racecourse is now a library, the fans are left without any hope watching the worst style of football we’ve ever witnessed whilst battling it out with the likes of Ebbsfleet and Maidenhead in the lowest positions we’ve ever been in. I truly am delighted that you haven’t lost your passion for the club but many have.

The “constant crap” is fans voicing their genuine concerns. If a wealthy benefactor came in and wasted £1.875 million of the clubs money, make bonkers footballing decisions, treated the fans with contempt, disregarded our disabled supporters, banned the DSA and saw us not just continually fail, but go backwards, year after year for almost a decade then yes they would be facing the same criticisms.

This is not just about a “bad run of results”. To summarise it as that is disrespectful

Please do remain passionate about Wrexham AFC though, we need more people to regain their passion that you still have - and that’s why this open letter hopes to achieve
ND I respect your response and understand your point. I maybe misconstrued who you were saying were apathetic - stay away fans and people who are disillusioned - fair enough. It just boils my piss when others say thst in effect its people like me that just want to turn up and watch as game.
Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2020, 20.11:18   #44-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
Welsh Kiwi's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: A red seat
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: DEMAND CHANGE. An Open Letter Back to the Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
Certainly - there are many fans that have quite simply lost interest which was inconceivable to me just a short while ago.

Please do remain passionate about Wrexham AFC though, we need more people to regain their passion that you still have - and that’s why this open letter hopes to achieve
ND, Apologies for taking an extract from your post.

I really do admire your desire to rekindle the passion that we both know runs deep through the historic heart of the club and that we once saw on the pitch by some truly fantastic footballers and we have still seen in more recent years on the terraces by some truly fantastic fans.

As outlined I support your desire for change. I think it's important, very important. I think change can occur within the WST and we can still go forward as a fans owned club with outside investment a key part of it. Such as Swansea did for a period, before their own internal problems developed with the American takeover.

I don't feel we need to be a purist 100% fans owned club. We just need a solid framework for our club to be fully protected from corporate or personal greed, while being flexible enough to enable inward finance and success out on the pitch.

As I outlined, the reason I can not sign the letter, that demands change is because it is demanding the resignation of two members of the club board and by naming them I feel it is making it personal.

I don't think doing that will help to unite any divisions that exist.

I also don't think the word 'Demand' is helpful either. I feel it needs a more gentle approach.

If you did another letter that removed the names of the two directors then I would be happy to sign it.

Am just sharing this with you, for you to understand that sometimes if you are too ardent in your approach in either camp, then a compromise will most likely fail and then the change you seek will fail.
__________________
Make Wrexham A.F.C. Great Again...
Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2020, 21.19:39   #45-0 (permalink)
Squad Player
 
BertieDragon's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Real Name: none given





Default Re: DEMAND CHANGE. An Open Letter Back to the Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Kiwi View Post
Northwalian Dragon,

The bit that stood out for me more than anything else in your letter and that is at the root of all of this is Unity and being united.

We are Wrexham Town not Wrexham United.

Unity is a very, very difficult thing to achieve as a fans base and as a fans owned club. because we are all different, with different ideas, different views and different political compass points.

There is a really interesting website called
https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Where you can test yourself. I always land on the Dalai Lama.

We started to fall apart as a club in the eighties because our club board started to argue amongst themselves. I know that as I was very close to it.

Thats what happens when people put themselves and their ego above the greatest cause, which is the club. It needs humility, constraint and compassion to unite people.

Some people want change but won't change themselves. That is also an issue.

I sense you are like a young Jedi master, but to have any hope of beating Darth Vader, you need to feel the force and work out how to truly unite our fans base.

Once you achieve that then you will have the wave behind, that you seek to be able to create the change you believe in.
That was a bit of light relief - I’m Nelson Mandela 😀
Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2020, 21.55:01   #46-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: DEMAND CHANGE. An Open Letter Back to the Board

In this period without a start date for the new season any income received e.g. sponsorship in advance would involve a massive amount of goodwill.With the current board difficult to see it happening given the way they come across and obviously actions in last few years.A newly elected would surely generate more interest in the club and subsequently more goodwill towards the club,possibly saving the club even.
Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2020, 22.04:41   #47-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: GUS
Real Name: Keith
Twitter: @





Default Re: DEMAND CHANGE. An Open Letter Back to the Board

I too fully support the need for change - surely the past 12 years proves this, both on and off the field of play.
I therefore support the majority of the letter, but can’t sign such with the naming of individuals.

I hope that when received the letter may make the WST Board and Football club think again about what is actually going on.

Good luck and it’s only further efforts like this that might create change - here’s hoping.

Keep safe fellow reds, I’ve got friends who have been hit hard with the virus, sadly as will many of you.
I look forward to being with you all again at the Racecourse - whenever this may be, it’s something to look forward to during these difficult times.
COYR
Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2020, 19.36:45   #48-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
Welsh Kiwi's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: A red seat
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: DEMAND CHANGE. An Open Letter Back to the Board

This is passion.

This is Wrexham Football Club.

This is the club I dearly want back.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk4zJZ5y3Jw
__________________
Make Wrexham A.F.C. Great Again...
Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2020, 20.20:42   #49-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Real Name: Tony
Twitter: @





Default Re: DEMAND CHANGE. An Open Letter Back to the Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Kiwi View Post
This is passion.

This is Wrexham Football Club.

This is the club I dearly want back.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk4zJZ5y3Jw
Sadly won't happen in my liftime!
Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2020, 20.32:57   #50-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: DEMAND CHANGE. An Open Letter Back to the Board

i went to upton park with wrexham three times in the fa cup and we never lost two draws and the win in 1997 happy days
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.02:19.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12