Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24th April 2020, 08.52:25   #37-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road
Twitter: @

Default Re: DEMAND CHANGE. An Open Letter Back to the Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreck Sam View Post
The answer is not to keep a blind ignorant leadership in place.
Surely the answers needed are; what is the alternative, how will it work, how will it help us survive, how will it improve things and how it will bring success.
Old 24th April 2020, 17.51:16   #38-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Surely the answers needed are; what is the alternative, how will it work, how will it help us survive, how will it improve things and how it will bring success.
Impossible to answer to be fair.

The fact is though something needs to change because there are some real issues to address at the moment.

On the face of it - its a bit like the EU - a real or perceived lack of communication, accountability, democracy and transparency.

Old 24th April 2020, 17.58:41   #39-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Also ask those questions of the current set-up we have
Old 24th April 2020, 18.26:28   #40-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Tech End.

I don't know the ins and outs of the WST constitution but in the event of the club going bust do individual members have any liability for debts. Also the position of the lease and the rent?
Old 24th April 2020, 18.59:37   #41-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
Agreed we do need more that this petition but as an absolute starting point we need to convince our apathetic fanbase that change is possible. The need for change has been stated by the club themselves but I'm not confident that they'll make anything but minor changes. Big changes need to happen.

The fans voices have been ignored many times, questions have gone unanswered, critics have been silenced, passed resolutions have gone unfulfilled. The petition, when it brings about change, will give hope to Wrexham fans that we do infact own the club and that we can shape it how we want to. That hope should then be carried through to voting for proposed resolutions at EGM/AGM's. At the minute hands are tied and there's not much more that we can do apart from petition the board. The board themselves know we are in a dangerous position due to the pandemic, we have to do something rather than nothing to begin not only securing the future of the club but to see it stand a better chance of success.

ND - can you define what you mean by an apathetic fan base please?

I’m not looking to be argumentative but I am a WST member, sponsor a players shirt, got a season ticket, travel from Wilmslow to home matches and probably watch 30% of away games. I love going to the ground and watching the games good, bad or indifferent. I don’t go to WST meetings as I leave that to those who want to devote their time for free and who I am sure have the best interests of the club at heart.

I did at one time contemplate putting myself forward for the board but why would anyone want the constant crap which is thrown at them? I sure don’t.

As for a wealthy benefactor - I really hope there is one out there, but a run of bad results and it will be owner out, out, out won’t it?

Anyway I really do hope you don’t class me apathetic because I’m not - but I am really only interested in watching football.

Good luck with what you are doing because I can see you care. I also think that you should be cautions about getting what you wish for.
Old 24th April 2020, 19.32:47   #42-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Jackoisback View Post
ND - can you define what you mean by an apathetic fan base please?

I’m not looking to be argumentative but I am a WST member, sponsor a players shirt, got a season ticket, travel from Wilmslow to home matches and probably watch 30% of away games. I love going to the ground and watching the games good, bad or indifferent. I don’t go to WST meetings as I leave that to those who want to devote their time for free and who I am sure have the best interests of the club at heart.

I did at one time contemplate putting myself forward for the board but why would anyone want the constant crap which is thrown at them? I sure don’t.

As for a wealthy benefactor - I really hope there is one out there, but a run of bad results and it will be owner out, out, out won’t it?

Anyway I really do hope you don’t class me apathetic because I’m not - but I am really only interested in watching football.

Good luck with what you are doing because I can see you care. I also think that you should be cautions about getting what you wish for.
Certainly - there are many fans that have quite simply lost interest which was inconceivable to me just a short while ago.

Just today I was speaking to a former die hard fan who would go on his own to the likes of Torquay and Bournemouth. He stopped even coming to the Racecourse this season.

Another who has followed the club home and away for almost 40 years without question, good form or bad, who has refused to come back.

There are many people that I know personally and many people that have expressed the same views on social media and forums that they have lost their passion for Wrexham AFC. I honestly never thought I would see that from our fan base.

If you are not feeling that you have lost the club you fell in love with then great! But sadly many, myself included, have. Wrexham AFC was the fearless club. That would stick its chest out and fancy it’s chances against anyone be it Arsenal, Porto, Newcastle, Tottenham, Alex Hamilton, Geoff Moss, Steven Vaughan etc. We had pride in our team win lose or draw, yes we moaned amongst ourselves at times but we’d always be back next week with our hearts on our sleeves ready to blast our songs from the terraces. The Racecourse is now a library, the fans are left without any hope watching the worst style of football we’ve ever witnessed whilst battling it out with the likes of Ebbsfleet and Maidenhead in the lowest positions we’ve ever been in. I truly am delighted that you haven’t lost your passion for the club but many have.

The “constant crap” is fans voicing their genuine concerns. If a wealthy benefactor came in and wasted £1.875 million of the clubs money, make bonkers footballing decisions, treated the fans with contempt, disregarded our disabled supporters, banned the DSA and saw us not just continually fail, but go backwards, year after year for almost a decade then yes they would be facing the same criticisms.

This is not just about a “bad run of results”. To summarise it as that is disrespectful

Please do remain passionate about Wrexham AFC though, we need more people to regain their passion that you still have - and that’s why this open letter hopes to achieve
Old 24th April 2020, 19.56:22   #43-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Quote:
Certainly - there are many fans that have quite simply lost interest which was inconceivable to me just a short while ago.

Just today I was speaking to a former die hard fan who would go on his own to the likes of Torquay and Bournemouth. He stopped even coming to the Racecourse this season.

Another who has followed the club home and away for almost 40 years without question, good form or bad, who has refused to come back.

There are many people that I know personally and many people that have expressed the same views on social media and forums that they have lost their passion for Wrexham AFC. I honestly never thought I would see that from our fan base.

If you are not feeling that you have lost the club you fell in love with then great! But sadly many, myself included, have. Wrexham AFC was the fearless club. That would stick its chest out and fancy it’s chances against anyone be it Arsenal, Porto, Newcastle, Tottenham, Alex Hamilton, Geoff Moss, Steven Vaughan etc. We had pride in our team win lose or draw, yes we moaned amongst ourselves at times but we’d always be back next week with our hearts on our sleeves ready to blast our songs from the terraces. The Racecourse is now a library, the fans are left without any hope watching the worst style of football we’ve ever witnessed whilst battling it out with the likes of Ebbsfleet and Maidenhead in the lowest positions we’ve ever been in. I truly am delighted that you haven’t lost your passion for the club but many have.

The “constant crap” is fans voicing their genuine concerns. If a wealthy benefactor came in and wasted £1.875 million of the clubs money, make bonkers footballing decisions, treated the fans with contempt, disregarded our disabled supporters, banned the DSA and saw us not just continually fail, but go backwards, year after year for almost a decade then yes they would be facing the same criticisms.

This is not just about a “bad run of results”. To summarise it as that is disrespectful

Please do remain passionate about Wrexham AFC though, we need more people to regain their passion that you still have - and that’s why this open letter hopes to achieve
ND I respect your response and understand your point. I maybe misconstrued who you were saying were apathetic - stay away fans and people who are disillusioned - fair enough. It just boils my piss when others say thst in effect its people like me that just want to turn up and watch as game.
Old 24th April 2020, 20.11:18   #44-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

Quote:

ND, Apologies for taking an extract from your post.

I really do admire your desire to rekindle the passion that we both know runs deep through the historic heart of the club and that we once saw on the pitch by some truly fantastic footballers and we have still seen in more recent years on the terraces by some truly fantastic fans.

As outlined I support your desire for change. I think it's important, very important. I think change can occur within the WST and we can still go forward as a fans owned club with outside investment a key part of it. Such as Swansea did for a period, before their own internal problems developed with the American takeover.

I don't feel we need to be a purist 100% fans owned club. We just need a solid framework for our club to be fully protected from corporate or personal greed, while being flexible enough to enable inward finance and success out on the pitch.

As I outlined, the reason I can not sign the letter, that demands change is because it is demanding the resignation of two members of the club board and by naming them I feel it is making it personal.

I don't think doing that will help to unite any divisions that exist.

I also don't think the word 'Demand' is helpful either. I feel it needs a more gentle approach.

If you did another letter that removed the names of the two directors then I would be happy to sign it.

Am just sharing this with you, for you to understand that sometimes if you are too ardent in your approach in either camp, then a compromise will most likely fail and then the change you seek will fail.
Old 24th April 2020, 21.19:39   #45-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Kiwi View Post
Northwalian Dragon,

The bit that stood out for me more than anything else in your letter and that is at the root of all of this is Unity and being united.

We are Wrexham Town not Wrexham United.

Unity is a very, very difficult thing to achieve as a fans base and as a fans owned club. because we are all different, with different ideas, different views and different political compass points.

There is a really interesting website called
https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Where you can test yourself. I always land on the Dalai Lama.

We started to fall apart as a club in the eighties because our club board started to argue amongst themselves. I know that as I was very close to it.

Thats what happens when people put themselves and their ego above the greatest cause, which is the club. It needs humility, constraint and compassion to unite people.

Some people want change but won't change themselves. That is also an issue.

I sense you are like a young Jedi master, but to have any hope of beating Darth Vader, you need to feel the force and work out how to truly unite our fans base.

Once you achieve that then you will have the wave behind, that you seek to be able to create the change you believe in.
That was a bit of light relief - I’m Nelson Mandela 😀
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.41:25.