Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24th April 2020, 21.55:01   #46-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: DEMAND CHANGE. An Open Letter Back to the Board

In this period without a start date for the new season any income received e.g. sponsorship in advance would involve a massive amount of goodwill.With the current board difficult to see it happening given the way they come across and obviously actions in last few years.A newly elected would surely generate more interest in the club and subsequently more goodwill towards the club,possibly saving the club even.
Old 24th April 2020, 22.04:41   #47-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: GUS

I too fully support the need for change - surely the past 12 years proves this, both on and off the field of play.
I therefore support the majority of the letter, but can’t sign such with the naming of individuals.

I hope that when received the letter may make the WST Board and Football club think again about what is actually going on.

Good luck and it’s only further efforts like this that might create change - here’s hoping.

Keep safe fellow reds, I’ve got friends who have been hit hard with the virus, sadly as will many of you.
I look forward to being with you all again at the Racecourse - whenever this may be, it’s something to look forward to during these difficult times.
COYR
Old 25th April 2020, 19.36:45   #48-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

This is passion.

This is Wrexham Football Club.

This is the club I dearly want back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk4zJZ5y3Jw
Old 25th April 2020, 20.20:42   #49-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Kiwi View Post
This is passion.

This is Wrexham Football Club.

This is the club I dearly want back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk4zJZ5y3Jw
Sadly won't happen in my liftime!
Old 25th April 2020, 20.32:57   #50-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

i went to upton park with wrexham three times in the fa cup and we never lost two draws and the win in 1997 happy days
Old 26th April 2020, 09.00:40   #51-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Tip-toeing down the tech end
Twitter: @casualco

And still they will bumble on telling us lies instead of the truth. S.Harris won't resign he's too wrapped up in his dishonesty.
Old 26th April 2020, 10.27:37   #52-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Its one thing to not have to share everything when its your own money that you have put up but trying to cover things up when its our money and not their own cash is quite unacceptable. The clique are behaving as if its their money and their club. Now it looks like the cash is gone and unable to fund their woeful mismanagement themselves they are desperately trying to find a way of staying in power. Enough is enough. They have destroyed the dream many had of making fans ownership work.
Old 26th April 2020, 10.43:01   #53-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

And they now install someone as secretary whose go to tool for open discussion and debate is to block anyone who has an alternative view to his own. As if Pete Jones' go to tool of "sit down quite enough from you" wasn't enough.
Old 26th April 2020, 12.33:45   #54-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mainly go to away games

When I read some of the comments / threads I feel very concerned about our future . There seems to be so much hostility and negativity
towards the WST board and I find that disappointing . I don’t know any of the individuals who are on the board but it’s my understanding that they perform unpaid roles .

I have no doubt that they have made mistakes ( every business does ) but I would hazard a guess that those are entirely honest mistakes with the interests of the club at heart .

I can understand the fans frustration but we all need to be careful that this doesn’t boil over and destroy the club . The atmosphere at some of the home games has been unpleasant and surely this doesn’t help the players confidence .

10 years ago we almost went out of business and it looks as though we are avoiding relegation this season by pure luck .

The football I have watched Wrexham play since Ricketts left has been the worst I have ever seen since my first match in 1967. There has only been one game where I thought we looked good in patches this season and that was at Woking away when
Brian Flynn was the caretaker manager .

The football has been dire but we have an opportunity to unify and take stock. The board need to be honest about the financial challenges facing the club and the supporters need to be realistic about they require going forward . If the supporters want a “ people’s champion “
on the board that individual needs some business acumen together with a desire to give up lots of his/ her time and understand they will be the subject of unjustified abuse .

I think the most critical need is for an individual
who has the ability to lead and unite the fans with the board . If we are ever going to get out of this league we need to be united going into the preseason and the fans need to be aware of the scale of any financial
problem .

If we are in significant financial difficulties , let’s disclose it so the fans can
be realistic in their expectations . Maybe by being honest we set expectations that we can’t afford big wages and we therefore have no option other than to play local
lads and go part time .

It could be a turning point for the club . If you have a trade or decent career prospects AND you can play good football
surely it’s better than being a full time player on £600- £1000
a week on a 12 month
contract particularly if you have young kids

Hopefully someone can unite us all soon and next season is a good one as there is no better place than the Racecourse when it’s rocking and we play attacking football
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.11:29.