Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th May 2020, 13.23:53   #163-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: DEMAND CHANGE. An Open Letter Back to the Board

So the Letter: I think its a bit of a shambles but means well mostly:

Amongst other grievances; frequent poor managerial appointments, the lack of entertainment or success on the pitch, What is the way to change this? Make a positive suggestion of how to fix the problem. A problem which is 100% correct in you raising. We have no joined up thinking football wise and no expertise.

the appalling treatment of the disabled supporter’s association, ? There is a thread on here that shows that it seems a route for inclusion is in place. That said again an AGM point that the Trust must meet the DSA with an independent Chair and minutes to be published is a great result.

not instigating what the club members voted for, Cant argue with this the Succession thing and the Platform, some goalposts move but updates required on AGM items at monthly board meetings as an AGM item.

not being open to accountability, a lack of communication on key issues and not addressing the allegations that the club was close to administration under the WST’s guidance has left a bitter taste in the mouths of Wrexham fans. This transpires not to be true (close to admin). Communication could improve granted but we are light years ahead of other ownership models and so we should be as we are all involved.

Under the guidance of the current board members and their appointments to the football management positions, we have endured our worst ever season in 156 years as a football club. Many supporters feel alienated, apathetic and disinterested in a football club that just a short while ago they were immensely passionate about. Agreed see first point. Again AGM item, which would give this responsibility to a qualified person. First job a top to toe football strategy document detailing where money to be invested, future and aim of CoE training ground etc etc.

Continuing with the same set-up we have, with the same individuals holding key positions will not heal the divides. Many have expressed that whilst certain individuals are still employed as part of the football management set-up, they will not attend the Racecourse again. This argument is flawed as you have no plan to improve it and actively discourage appointing a manager. They need to look for change if they want to improve the football side of the club as detailed above. I dont want another manager appointed till somebody qualified does it (see points above)

Many have expressed that whilst the current board members still hold their positions, they refuse to spend any more money on Wrexham AFC. I get that but they need to rise above and support the club at this time.

You have stated that:

“The time to pursue changes will come – and we have systems in place to ensure ALL members can have their voices heard.”

Yet you do not state what these systems are. You do not state what changes you’re open to. You do not state your intention to change, only your intention to listen. Further to that, there is a feeling that the club board has not been welcoming to criticism, suggestions and change in the past. So what do you suggest? Set out some communication channels and realistic timetables. We have newsletters etc please be specific in the channels you think can be improved? Again then AGM it

The bottom line is statements like this change nothing. Actions are needed to not only secure the future of the football club but to see it have a better chance of success.

The club is asking for renewed support. The price for that is change. In order for everyone to unite and to get pride, optimism and respect back into the fanbase there must be a promise from the club to enact the changes that the fanbase wants to see. What is it you want to see?

Regardless of which individuals must resign or be removed from the club the desire for change must be implemented. We must have individuals in key positions that we can put our faith in. We cannot continue with many fans boycotting the club due to certain individuals being employed here. We cannot continue with a fanbase that has no hope of change or success. We cannot continue with a set-up that has failed to reach our goals. Without changes, we will fall even further when we have already hit our lowest ever point.

We are writing to you to demand change. Change to the Wrexham Supporters Trust board, change to the Wrexham AFC club board, change to the management team and change to a re-united and once again deliriously passionate Wrexham AFC.

If you truly want the football club to succeed you do not merely have “serious questions to answer” – you have serious actions to take.

The changes we wish to see implemented are as follows:

· The immediate resignation/removal of Spencer Harris from both the Wrexham AFC club board and the Wrexham Supporters Trust board. He was elected by Wxm fans, although a realocation of his responsibility is very obviously required

· The immediate resignation/removal of John Mills from both the Wrexham AFC club board and the Wrexham Supporters Trust board. Hes was elected by Wrexham Fans, all I see is rumours although it might be best for the club going forward

· A consistent and prominent effort to advertise for new board members to run for election onto both the Wrexham AFC club board and Wrexham Supporters Trust boards. They do this each AGM for Trust Board. Anyone who might even think of standing would know.As for the Club Board rotation when candidates come up. We need perhaps Legal and a transnational business, maybe retail experience and of course football person

· All Wrexham AFC club board and Wrexham Supporters Trust board members to place themselves up for re-election. You could AGM the annual election of all trust board members. I dont think its wise but your gig

· Altering the gateway process for external investment to allow for easier access to investment negotiations with the club. Voted for by Trust members. Change it at AGM resolution

· Allow for a vote by the membership on whether to proceed with any further work on the proposed new training ground that is to be situated on the land of the former Groves school. They need to present a case agreed. Seems good to me but again to the vote

· A re-consideration of whether the current football manager is wanted by the supporters and whether retaining his position at the football club has a detrimental effect on attendances, support, entertainment value and future revenue streams. See the footy related themes, but wasnt this covered above? You dont trust the board to get it right so need to fix that first makes sense to me.

So for my conclusion you wanna change stuff you do it through the established democratic channels. Put together a strong case and probably lots of graft and you may get the changes you want if you connect the dots better.

You have 500 plus signatures so your points have sympathy but at present they are going nowhere in some respects. AGM looming. If nothing is submitted you cant complain for the next 12 months really same if some bit s voted down.

Last edited by 3pmsaturday; 14th May 2020 at 13.28:54..
Old 14th May 2020, 13.37:00   #164-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pmsaturday View Post
not instigating what the club members voted for, Cant argue with this the Succession thing and the Platform, some goalposts move but updates required on AGM items at monthly board meetings as an AGM item.

So for my conclusion you wanna change stuff you do it through the established democratic channels.
How do the above quotes - the acknowledgement that what the club members voted for isn't being instigated, and the urging to change stuff through the 'established democratic channels' - work together? From what I can see, you're accepting that the established democratic channels aren't getting anything done, but telling people they need to use them anyway?
Old 14th May 2020, 13.49:54   #165-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
How do the above quotes - the acknowledgement that what the club members voted for isn't being instigated, and the urging to change stuff through the 'established democratic channels' - work together? From what I can see, you're accepting that the established democratic channels aren't getting anything done, but telling people they need to use them anyway?
Yes understood, My point is that using the tools we have we tighten the screw. If the AGM says that say "all AGM resolutions are to be reported on Monthly and any failure to comply with the resolution requires notification at that time and the reasons for it".

What do you think?
Old 14th May 2020, 13.50:02   #166-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
The question is: why haven't they done what was agreed?

There may be a valid reason, or they may be being bloody difficult. I do not know which.
Old 14th May 2020, 13.54:27   #167-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Yes understood, My point is that using the tools we have we tighten the screw. If the AGM says that say "all AGM resolutions are to be reported on Monthly and any failure to comply with the resolution requires notification at that time and the reasons for it".

What do you think?
Agree. We must change the WST constitution where appropriate.

Personally, I think it is mostly unfit for the purpose it should be doing, but perfectly fit for what some in the WST want to happen ie it's designed to prevent anything radical that goes against the grain.

Fundamentally, a lack of football knowledge has been our biggest undoing. Barry Horne should have been our best option but he was either not as good as he thought or, more likely, wasn't listened to closely enough when he presented an alternative to what the WST hierarchy thought would be best.
Old 14th May 2020, 13.55:05   #168-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

What do you think?
Okay, got you - yes, that would be a big step forward for me.
Old 14th May 2020, 14.02:53   #169-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Agree. We must change the WST constitution where appropriate.

Personally, I think it is mostly unfit for the purpose it should be doing, but perfectly fit for what some in the WST want to happen ie it's designed to prevent anything radical that goes against the grain.

Fundamentally, a lack of football knowledge has been our biggest undoing. Barry Horne should have been our best option but he was either not as good as he thought or, more likely, wasn't listened to closely enough when he presented an alternative to what the WST hierarchy thought would be best.
Agreed re the football, If the trust had got that right none of this other stuff would register I reckon. 100% top priority. Needs addressing today, needs to be the thing that they concentrate on bar survival. Every single conversation has to start or end with how does this affect the performance on the pitch. It is the start the middle and the end of everything. Needs to be uttermost on everyone of us especially those involved with running the club. How do we improve the 'football operations'. We cannot continue as is. We have unfortunately the time to get systems and a plan in place.

The constituation was supporters direct from memory, it was best practice and rightly adopted. Tweaking I agree with but root and branch not sure.
Old 14th May 2020, 14.03:52   #170-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Okay, got you - yes, that would be a big step forward for me.
I will second you if you wanna put it forward!
Old 14th May 2020, 14.08:14   #171-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
I will second you if you wanna put it forward!
I'm going to pass, simply because things like the toxic video made about Rich Ulrich made me feel I'd rather keep my name well out of anything like this. (No idea who made it but obviously keeping well clear of it removes any motivation for whoever it was to do something like that to me.) Am sure there'll be braver people than me around though, so hopefully one of them will go for it!
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.36:16.