Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th May 2020, 15.05:07   #172-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: DEMAND CHANGE. An Open Letter Back to the Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
I'm going to pass, simply because things like the toxic video made about Rich Ulrich made me feel I'd rather keep my name well out of anything like this. (No idea who made it but obviously keeping well clear of it removes any motivation for whoever it was to do something like that to me.) Am sure there'll be braver people than me around though, so hopefully one of them will go for it!
If you join the dots its easy to work out who made that video and other things that suddenly popped up on facebook and twitter not too long ago.
Same person who contacted my previous employer on two occasions no doubt.

But yeah don't blame you when there's a coward like that hiding behind fake twitter names etc ready to dish out abuse etc.
Old 14th May 2020, 15.17:29   #173-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: none given

The only way for change is at the AGM so fans sign up and attend the meeting whenever that will be.
Old 14th May 2020, 15.48:37   #174-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post
The only way for change is at the AGM so fans sign up and attend the meeting whenever that will be.
It should work like that, but it won't.

AGMs and EGMs won't make any difference.
Old 14th May 2020, 15.52:09   #175-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pmsaturday View Post
Yes understood, My point is that using the tools we have we tighten the screw. If the AGM says that say "all AGM resolutions are to be reported on Monthly and any failure to comply with the resolution requires notification at that time and the reasons for it".

What do you think?
What happens if they ignore that resolution too?
Old 14th May 2020, 16.03:17   #176-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

[QUOTE=3pmsaturday;2358703]

the appalling treatment of the disabled supporter’s association, ? There is a thread on here that shows that it seems a route for inclusion is in place. That said again an AGM point that the Trust must meet the DSA with an independent Chair and minutes to be published is a great result.

A route for inclusion is not in place. Until resolution is made on the freedom of speech via social media and we have not had a reply to our last email in that regard.
And (in my personal opinion) with the club pushing on with platform 2 again now, when it seems that even some of the WST Board thought it was on hold, means we are as far away as ever.
Old 14th May 2020, 17.09:26   #177-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pmsaturday View Post
what is the way to change this? Make a positive suggestion of how to fix the problem. A problem which is 100% correct in you raising. We have no joined up thinking football wise and no expertise.

having a footballing philosophy in place. We had mills who had his own style, then ricketts who was balanced, hughes who went more attacking but leaked goals and now keates who chooses to play the most dire football imaginable. It's a mad scramble with complete overhauls every time a manager departs. The turnover of players is ridiculous. Decide on a footballing identity and recruit based on that identity alone

? There is a thread on here that shows that it seems a route for inclusion is in place. That said again an agm point that the trust must meet the dsa with an independent chair and minutes to be published is a great result.

whatever the facade is currently it doesn't excuse the banishment of the dsa. The achievements they have made are staggering (which is plainly obvious due to getting a mention in the house of commons)

this transpires not to be true (close to admin). Communication could improve granted but we are light years ahead of other ownership models and so we should be as we are all involved.

the open letter was written before the wst made an statement about the 3 (or 4? Or 5? Or 6?) loans

just out of interest what is your criteria for how we are light years ahead of other ownership models?

this argument is flawed as you have no plan to improve it and actively discourage appointing a manager. They need to look for change if they want to improve the football side of the club as detailed above. I dont want another manager appointed till somebody qualified does it (see points above)

i don't think it can be improved without keates, darlington and davies being given the boot. Keates especially has to go.

I agree with you that management changes shouldn't come before board changes. The last three appointments have be glaringly stupid without the benefit of hindsight. Just utterly baffling decisions.

i get that but they need to rise above and support the club at this time.

they don't need to do anything - its a matter of losing love for something. Why should they be forced to put money and time into something that offers no enjoyment, ambition, passion, self-respect, pride or hope? Fans have lost interest massively and the club has become alien to many

so what do you suggest? Set out some communication channels and realistic timetables. We have newsletters etc please be specific in the channels you think can be improved? Again then agm it

as a start the board could at least answer some emails. Such as the 80 or so questions i submitted without a single one being answered. Or the follow up emails i have sent that also haven't received a reply. They're quite happy to put in the board minutes that they've contacted me, once. Yet they're not happy to reply to any further emails or even answer a single question.

Now that karl hogan has left maybe we'll see some better communication. I was told it was his decision to not release the manny smith contract extension news, and to save it for a rainy day. He also resigned after refusing to answer some simple and basic questions such as whether he passed on all questions to all board members. That said though i do feel the media team are tightly controlled and that local media have been stripped of certain aspects of their role. We're also adopting faw press standards (not sure what that is yet)

what is it you want to see?

a united fanbase. Firstly because without it the club is in huge danger of not making it through this pandemic. Secondly because we stand no chance of achieving anything whilst divided. Keates, harris and mills have to leave to achieve unity. That is the very first step

hes was elected by wrexham fans, all i see is rumours although it might be best for the club going forward

dismiss the allegations as rumours all you like but fans have come forward and stated directly the misconduct of john mills. These fans are from such a diverse spectrum of supporters that have no common ground other than the football club. Some that have spoken up have done so where if it were proven to be fabricated it would do serious damage to their careers. I myself have been on the receiving end of intimidation tactics since writing the open letter that i believe has come from an individual on the club board

they do this each agm for trust board. Anyone who might even think of standing would know.

there's a big different between inviting candidates and advertising for candidates. Do you see any harm at all in advertising for candidates on the club websites, social media channels and in the local media?

so for my conclusion you wanna change stuff you do it through the established democratic channels. Put together a strong case and probably lots of graft and you may get the changes you want if you connect the dots better.

the club has to survive a panemic first before the agm comes. If the begging bowls come out they won't gather much. If the changes are implemented i firmly believe we'll see a swelling of support and that gives us a far better chance of survival and success. Many supporters are also not interested or not willing to vote but that doesn't impact their opinions and how much we need them at the club. The open letter as a minimum gives a chance to voice the dismay that is prominent at the club and help the club board establish how to reunite the fanbase (which is what their open letter asked for)

Old 14th May 2020, 17.41:14   #178-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
It should work like that, but it won't.

AGMs and EGMs won't make any difference.
On the contrary. So few fans vote it's comparatively easy.
Old 14th May 2020, 18.10:19   #179-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
I think we all know how difficult it is to get resolutions through which the WST doesn't support.
Old 14th May 2020, 18.19:14   #180-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Question Re: DEMAND CHANGE. An Open Letter Back to the Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
On the contrary... Unless I interpreted this wrong, if the number of fans (as a proportion of paid up membership) is low enough, not a single EGM vote would count. I think either 50 or 75% have to vote for it to count?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.15:58.