Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd April 2020, 17.00:29   #1-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: MRS Front row
Twitter: @kingsevans

Default Dragonheart Radio Show...

Dear Listeners, sorry for the long post

Now the the cancellation of the 2019/20 season has been confirmed by the National League, this is to Inform everybody who listens to the Dragonheart Radio Show on Calon Fm or the Podcast of the show, that i have decided to step down as presenter of the show with immediate effect, my intentions were to alway step away, once the season had been concluded, but due to the ongoing issues at the moment, and now the season has finished, that it seems appropriate to do this now.

Dragonheart has provided me with a brilliant hobby and I have met some fantastic people, including Current and former players and Managers, and it has given me a brilliant glimpse of the Workings of Wrexham AFC behind the scenes, also it has allowed me to do some career interviews and hear some great stories, from people I watched over the years on the Racecourse pitch.

unfortunately all things come to an end and I cannot commit enough time to The show moving forward as I would like, this is not a quick decision, as I have been considering this since the 2018/19 season finished, now I feel is the right time to step away from Dragonheart Radio Show

I wish to thank every Player, Manager or Member of staff current or past for interviews, or input for the show, next I would like to thank EVERY co presenter who has participated over the last 7 years, as without someone to talk about football to, there couldn't have been a show, a big thanks also has to go out to Calon Fm, who provided the studio and equipment to record the show each week.

Finally I want to thank each and every listener to the radio show on a Friday on Calon, or every person who has downloaded the podcast of Dragonheart, as without the audience, there would be no point to make the show, it has been a pleasure to be on this show, providing news and information on Wrexham Afc for the last 7years

I wish to add that this decision, in no way has anything to do with the Team's current position, the performances this season, the Management, the WST or the Wrexham Football board, this is purely down to the amount of Time and commitment I can give to the Dragonheart show each week.

I will explain how it works in a typical week.

When all that is said and done, each show requires commitment from a Wednesday to Friday, all this for a one hour show, once a week!

This is because, i do this show on my own, although, as stated there is a co-presenter, apart from the time in the studio, I do all the other work behind the scenes, Interviews, Editing and Promotional advertising, when the show was put back on air nearly 7 years ago, we had a team of about 6/7 people involved right at the very beginning, but as with all things Family and work commitments have to come first, and gradually it came down to myself to do the work to get the show on air.

Manager / Player Interviews: I get an email from the club regarding when and where the ‘Press Day’ is and what time etc, when The Manager and Players will be available for an interview. This is usually between 9.30 and 10.30am on a designated day(s)

Show Preparation: When i prepare for a show, I will edit the interviews, to gauge how much of the show they will take up, I will then look at what other subjects are going to be included, for example, The previous game(s), the forthcoming game(s) and any news coming from the club E.G. new players arriving etc. then I sit down with all this information and work out a running order for it all, to make it into the 59min 54 sec radio show that goes on air on a Friday evening

Show Recording: Typically the show is recorded on a Wednesday Night at the Calon FM Studios in the Glyndwr University ,although sometimes this can be switched to a thursday if there are any issues.

Show Co-Presenters : As everyone is aware, we have a co presenter with myself each week, these people like me are all Wrexham Fans and also have work / Family Commitments of their own, making it difficult to sometimes be at the studio when required.

Show Editing: after recording, the show needs to be edited together, the intro song and any other music that is needed, and previously mentioned Interviews are put in their place, along with Jingles etc to make the final show, this edit can take a few hours to do, it is not just a case of record a 1 hour show for a 1 hour time slot on a friday.

Once the show has been edited for Radio, it is then Re-edited for the podcast version of the show (originally there was no podcast version, I was the one who sourced the Pod provider etc to make this possible to be listened to by a larger audience, from anywhere in the world!)

To re edit, the show has the theme/ intro tune changed, any songs in the radio version need to be removed as you cannot have music in the podcast, also any jingles need to be replaced with the podcast version, as you can imagine all this takes up a lot of time.

Show advertising: from a thursday onwards the show needs to be advertised on social media, this involves multiple platforms and pages etc, on a typical week Twitter and Facebook can have 15 -20 adverts each, scheduled from Thursday to the following Sunday/Monday ( a few times a day each ) this is to make people aware that the show is on for that particular week and will be covering the relevant Games that week and Players/Management interviews.

Thanks for listening, it has always been appreciated, also thank you, for being on this journey with me, it's been a blast

Kings.
Old 22nd April 2020, 17.14:50   #2-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Default Re: Dragonheart Radio Show...

Thanks you Kings for a job excellently done over many years.

As someone who was interviewed I can say that you had a great style and manner and made it all very easy for me.

Whoever takes over will have massive shoes to fill.

All the very best going forward,
Old 22nd April 2020, 17.31:14   #3-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Ah !! Remember when it went out live pre Kings.
Old 22nd April 2020, 17.32:26   #4-0 (permalink)
WV1
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

All the best.

Really enjoyed listening.
Old 22nd April 2020, 17.41:32   #5-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

It’s been my Friday listening while cooking the tea for a number of years now.

Thanks for producing the show, I hope it can be carried on in some form.
Old 22nd April 2020, 17.49:02   #6-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
Ah !! Remember when it went out live pre Kings.
As one of a group who dipped into that even that was a faff at times - so the extra (great) content on the current version along with all the prep and editing must have been a huge job.

The current incarnation was a great show / podcast - and historic archive in place there too now so much to be proud of!
Old 22nd April 2020, 17.53:59   #7-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Kings I have absolutely loved listening to the show on a Friday Evening or Saturday morning, always really entertaining.
I didn’t know who you were but I remember being at the bar before a sponsors evening of thanks and turning around as I heard a voice so familiar I thought it was a friend, it was yourself and it was great to meet you
Many thanks and best wishes for the future.
Old 22nd April 2020, 18.20:35   #8-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: any I can get !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
It’s been my Friday listening while cooking the tea for a number of years now.

Thanks for producing the show, I hope it can be carried on in some form.
Hi Kings,
Id like to echo the above, it's been a great listen EVERY week, regardless of how we are doing in the league !!
Good luck in your broadcasting retirement Kings, it's been a pleasure conversing with you on here.

All the best mate
Mike
Old 22nd April 2020, 18.33:31   #9-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Very sad news always looked forward to your shows Kings.Many thanks also for stepping in at the last minute in the 1864 on several occasions.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.33:06.