RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Promotion and relegation (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115642-promotion-relegation.html)

no1wrexfan1 30th April 2020 22.17:38

Promotion and relegation

A interesting conversation with a friend of mine who is a part of Bristol city fc.
He has said the way that looks is that most likely outcome is 3 teams will be promoted to the prem with no relegation based on a season merit system. 3 teams then get promoted to the championship from league 1 again no relegation. 3 get promoted to league 1 from league 2. Then 2 go up from national league. Then in the national league next season there will be only 2 relegation places.
Obviously these rumours have to be taken with a pinch of salt but interesting all the same
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Haruki 1st May 2020 06.44:23

Re: Promotion and relegation

[QUOTE=no1wrexfan1;2355856]A interesting conversation with a friend of mine who is a part of Bristol city fc.
He has said the way that looks is that most likely outcome is 3 teams will be promoted to the prem with no relegation based on a season merit system. 3 teams then get promoted to the championship from league 1 again no relegation. 3 get promoted to league 1 from league 2. Then 2 go up from national league. Then in the national league next season there will be only 2 relegation places.
Obviously these rumours have to be taken with a pinch of salt but interesting all the same
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Why would the premier league not relegate anyone when they are committed to finishing their season?

Hometown Unicorn 1st May 2020 06.54:59

[QUOTE=Haruki;2355872]Why would the premier league not relegate anyone when they are committed to finishing their season?[/QUOTE]

The season cannot be finished. Even if you play the games behind closed doors, how do you stop groups of fans congregating around the grounds to get a glimpse and around TV sets to get the football atmosphere back?

The season is done and the sooner they realise it the easier it will be for everyone.

Liverpool can have the title but relegation and promotion should be scrapped. I would also accept those in automatic promotion places being promoted with no relegation.

Haruki 1st May 2020 07.00:56

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2355874]The season cannot be finished. Even if you play the games behind closed doors, how do you stop groups of fans congregating around the grounds to get a glimpse and around TV sets to get the football atmosphere back?

The season is done and the sooner they realise it the easier it will be for everyone.

Liverpool can have the title but relegation and promotion should be scrapped. I would also accept those in automatic promotion places being promoted with no relegation.[/QUOTE]

The season is restarting on June 9th

Hometown Unicorn 1st May 2020 07.02:49

[QUOTE=Haruki;2355876]The season is restarting on June 9th[/QUOTE]

If the government do not block it that is reckless.

Germany can restart the season because they have handled the outbreak well. Like France who have cancelled their season, the UK have not.

Haruki 1st May 2020 07.08:31

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2355877]If the government do not block it that is reckless.

Germany can restart the season because they have handled the outbreak well. Like France who have cancelled their season, the UK have not.[/QUOTE]

The government support the June 9th date

-luke 1st May 2020 07.08:36

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2355874]The season cannot be finished. Even if you play the games behind closed doors, how do you stop groups of fans congregating around the grounds to get a glimpse and around TV sets to get the football atmosphere back?

Liverpool can have the title but relegation and promotion should be scrapped. I would also accept those in automatic promotion places being promoted with no relegation.[/QUOTE]

Too much money involved not to push to get the telly up and running again. Those suspended sky sports subscriptions are an issue.

The glaringly obvious point to make is that i am not sure what people expect to happen when Liverpool get over the line and win the league. Fans will congregate on Liverpool without a doubt even if there is no open bus tour or official celebration. It may not be as many people, but it's likely to happen and with enough people the police will be powerless to end it.

Why? Because people are stupid...

Hometown Unicorn 1st May 2020 07.11:20

[QUOTE=-luke;2355881]Too much money involved not to push to get the telly up and running again. Those suspended sky sports subscriptions are an issue.

The glaringly obvious point to make is that i am not sure what people expect to happen when Liverpool get over the line and win the league. Fans will congregate on Liverpool without a doubt even if there is no open bus tour or official celebration. It may not be as many people, but it's likely to happen and with enough people the police will be powerless to end it.

Why? Because people are stupid...[/QUOTE]

Indeed, people are.

I am placing hope in a government which has already failed us during this pandemic to stop the Premier League from restarting. They can still step in.

Funny_Old_Game 1st May 2020 07.18:24

So others can go back to work but not footballers? Even if done safely? This is Premier League clubs, they’ll have enough money to make sure everyone is tested and it’s all safe and good to go.

It’s not their fault if fans congregate.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.34:11.