Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd May 2020, 17.15:45   #55-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: WST statement on loans, why not made public, and mystery tweet update

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinman View Post
I wish we had communication like that. Fat chance!
Even in the current pandemic,feeling of some spin in the statement.
Old 24th May 2020, 18.54:14   #56-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Default Re: WST statement on loans, why not made public, and mystery tweet update

Does one of those with access to the WST Tweets account have a day job working for the UK Civil Service?
Old 26th May 2020, 09.27:31   #57-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
Does one of those with access to the WST Tweets account have a day job working for the UK Civil Service?
Would explain what John Mills has been up to since leaving his post
Old 26th May 2020, 18.21:50   #58-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinman View Post
I wish we had communication like that. Fat chance!

It really shows how bad ours is.

Take just one phrase from ours.

"We have no visibility on when we will be able to return to the Racecourse to generate income".

What is wrong with simply "We don't know when etc."

Probably afraid of admitting what most already know they don't actually know very much at all.
Old 26th May 2020, 18.43:10   #59-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Once again, the board and many fans have failed to grasp the real issues here.

Other than the more pressing concern as to why the board would need to borrow the money in the first place, I have no real issue with the loans themselves. I also have no real issue with the details being withheld from supporters.

But what is categorically unacceptable is how the board can insist they have everything under control and claim they don't need outside investment, and will never seek outside investment without a 'mandate', when in reality they have already done so behind everyone's backs to cover their own shortcomings.

This is made ten times worse by their abject failure to act on a direct mandate that was passed god knows how long ago now, and their pursuit of vanity projects that apparently don't require a 'mandate'.

This board will continue to pursue whatever action they want and do whatever it takes to retain power, regardless of how incompetent and unpopular the end results are. They will only bring up the 'mandate' barrier when there are calls to do something they do not approve of, particularly as they know the resolution voting system is heavily weighted in their favour. The reason they know that? They created the biased system in the first place.

In short, the club board, WST chairman, and WST Independent Secretary need to go immediately. People are scared of the unknown aspect of change. But I would rather dive head first into the unknown than continue to be eaten away from the inside and die a slow, painful death.
Spot on.

Sadly there is BA to be done until they decide otherwise. I believe the probability of any surrender of power, particularly by SH or his puppet PJ is extremely unlikely. Similarly LJ on the scene again is not going to end well.

A real dilemma. Helping the club out financially simply enables them to reinforce their positions. Not helping the club out means going bust but a bit faster than they way we going now.

Would killing off the club and re-starting be a better bet? It would certainly by-pass all the constitutional niceties, which could take years to properly resolve anyway, required to make real change.

I don't know the answer but I do know there is an increasing probability we are going to find out unless the club board, WST chairman, and WST Independent Secretary do the decent thing.

If they have any integrity, decency or sense of shame not only should they resign but also offer a handover to the complete satisfaction of those taking over from them.
Old 26th May 2020, 19.15:51   #60-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by eosceiriog View Post
Spot on.

Sadly there is BA to be done until they decide otherwise. I believe the probability of any surrender of power, particularly by SH or his puppet PJ is extremely unlikely. Similarly LJ on the scene again is not going to end well.

A real dilemma. Helping the club out financially simply enables them to reinforce their positions. Not helping the club out means going bust but a bit faster than they way we going now.

Would killing off the club and re-starting be a better bet? It would certainly by-pass all the constitutional niceties, which could take years to properly resolve anyway, required to make real change.

I don't know the answer but I do know there is an increasing probability we are going to find out unless the club board, WST chairman, and WST Independent Secretary do the decent thing.

If they have any integrity, decency or sense of shame not only should they resign but also offer a handover to the complete satisfaction of those taking over from them.
I am starting to think that way too. Leave them to it and we will have a long inexorable decline into some kind of Cymru League. If the current virus means we go bust we can reform under new ownership and governance and start to move forward again.
Old 26th May 2020, 19.28:13   #61-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Spot on.

It is a dilemma, however I think moving ever closer to financial ruin as fans stay away is the only thing the board will understand.
Old 26th May 2020, 19.33:57   #62-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
It is a dilemma, however I think moving ever closer to financial ruin as fans stay away is the only thing the board will understand.
Or if the fans are kept away by this bug mularkey ?

Incredible to think that Spincer Harus , Jones the Obnoxious and Jones the Bus (together with his half a coach load of nodding dogs ) represent a bigger threat than the worst pandemic since the Black Death.
Old 26th May 2020, 20.10:16   #63-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
It really shows how bad ours is.

Take just one phrase from ours.

"We have no visibility on when we will be able to return to the Racecourse to generate income".

What is wrong with simply "We don't know when etc."

Probably afraid of admitting what most already know they don't actually know very much at all.
The phrase is business course speak.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.50:41.