RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Rank Our Managers (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115655-rank-our-managers.html)

Haruki 3rd May 2020 12.39:21

Rank Our Managers

Following on from the debate on the Wilkin thread it got me comparing our managers of the non league era and which would have the best chance of getting us promoted if each were given equal circumstances, ie the same budget against the same standard of opposition that season. I didn’t include temporary managers such as Flynn or Barr but did include Andy Davies as he was appointed as manager to the end of the season.

Our non league managers ranked in my order are

1) Ricketts
2) Saunders
3) Wilkin
4) Morrell
5) Mills
6) Little
7) Keates
8) Hughes
9) Barrow
10) Davies

Does anyone have a different list?

northwalian dragon 3rd May 2020 12.45:13

Re: Rank Our Managers

1.) Ricketts
2.) Saunders
3.) Morrell
4.) Wilkin
5.) Mills
6.) Little
7.) Barrow
8.) Hughes
9.) Keates
10.) Davies

Foxy 3rd May 2020 12.47:32

[QUOTE=Haruki;2356487]Following on from the debate on the Wilkin thread it got me comparing our managers of the non league era and which would have the best chance of getting us promoted if each were given equal circumstances, ie the same budget against the same standard of opposition that season. I didn’t include temporary managers such as Flynn or Barr but did include Andy Davies as he was appointed as manager to the end of the season.

Our non league managers ranked in my order are

1) Ricketts
2) Saunders
3) Wilkin
4) Morrell
5) Mills
6) Little
7) Keates
8) Hughes
9) Barrow
10) Davies

Does anyone have a different list?[/QUOTE]

That’s a depressing list. Some dross , some average and some where the jury is out, but nobody on that list would be described as a “success”. Who appointed 10 managers , none of whom could be said to be successful ?

Hometown Unicorn 3rd May 2020 12.48:59

Mills making the top half of these lists is so depressing.

northwalian dragon 3rd May 2020 12.55:57

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2356496]Mills making the top half of these lists is so depressing.[/QUOTE]

And 5 of them have been in the past 2 years

And only 3 of them have completed a full season

Prodigal Dragon 3rd May 2020 13.00:45

1. John Neal.

2. Arfon Griffiths.

3. Denis Smith.

The rest — I am afraid — refused, were pulled-up, brought down, fell or didn’t make the cut for this top handicap. Most would struggle to get in a claimer!

standman 3rd May 2020 13.02:39

Would agree with the first list, but some really disturbing facts of failure in the appointments are worrying stated on this thread.

If I would of hired so many poor performing staff I’m sure my employers would class me as a failure and removed me from my post to protect the business.

Funny_Old_Game 3rd May 2020 13.02:45

1) Morrell
2) Ricketts
3) Keates
4) Saunders
5) Wilkin
6) Mills
7) Hughes
8) Little
9) Barrow
10) Davies

Ruabon Red 3rd May 2020 13.14:40

The words ‘non-league era’ must be amongst the most depressing ever mentioned in connection with Wrexham Football Club.
Who would have thought when we fell through the trapdoor that it would become an era???

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.06:43.