Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th May 2020, 15.40:09   #21-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: WST Statement: Retained list postponed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
I would be personally very surprised if Keates left. It would make them look terrible and that is the last thing they want.

Strangely however, if they got rid of him acknowledged a mistake and appointed someone popular it would go a long way into improving relations.
Not trying to pick a argument but just out of interest who would you see as "someone popular". I honestly can't think of any prospective manager who would achieve this. Whoever was appointed we would have the usual comments about cheap option, ex player, never succeeded elsewhere, no contacts in the game, doesn't know this league etc etc.

When you think of the recent appointments we have covered every option (I think). I would like a manager like John Neal when he first took over but tell me who would meet that criteria and would "we fans" ever give someone the time to develop.
Old 11th May 2020, 19.34:10   #22-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Known, unknown, popular or not, I just want a manager who is capable. To pick a team that tries to play open, attacking football would be the icing on the cake. More often than not, someone who was once a hero at a club, flops.
Old 11th May 2020, 20.39:17   #23-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
I would be personally very surprised if Keates left. It would make them look terrible and that is the last thing they want.

Strangely however, if they got rid of him acknowledged a mistake and appointed someone popular it would go a long way into improving relations.
I doubt there's anyone who'd be super popular unless the day came where we lured Jurgen Klopp away from Liverpool or Pep Guardiola away from City. save your darliola jokes please

However, it'd be very difficult to find someone less popular than Keates when the change does come unless we poached the manager of the Dog and Duck's 5 a side team.
Old 11th May 2020, 22.13:12   #24-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by techender View Post
Is this correct?

Under the original rules for this scheme a worker could not be taken off furlough and then put back again at a later date. Has that changed?
They can be now..3 week periods on and off are allowed.
Old 11th May 2020, 22.20:13   #25-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexham forever View Post
Not trying to pick a argument but just out of interest who would you see as "someone popular". I honestly can't think of any prospective manager who would achieve this. Whoever was appointed we would have the usual comments about cheap option, ex player, never succeeded elsewhere, no contacts in the game, doesn't know this league etc etc.

When you think of the recent appointments we have covered every option (I think). I would like a manager like John Neal when he first took over but tell me who would meet that criteria and would "we fans" ever give someone the time to develop.
I don’t think either Flynn or Denis Smith would have been considered the popular choice.
Old 11th May 2020, 23.14:20   #26-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
Rubbish - he can come back anytime after 3 weeks and then work and be furloughed again if required.

Once someone has been furloughed and goes back to work they cannot go on it again.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 12th May 2020, 07.13:59   #27-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Fulough is set to be extended until September although dropped to a lower % than the current 80%.
Does anyone know if we are currently paying our employees at 80% or 100%
Old 12th May 2020, 07.38:29   #28-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Once someone has been furloughed and goes back to work they cannot go on it again.
Posted via mobile theme
Incorrect
Old 12th May 2020, 07.52:35   #29-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
Fulough is set to be extended until September although dropped to a lower % than the current 80%.
Does anyone know if we are currently paying our employees at 80% or 100%
I think its 80%. The fact Shaun Pearson was out delivering Pizzas for the Fat Boar at the weekend would suggest they are not on full pay.
Old 12th May 2020, 07.59:26   #30-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexham forever View Post

I think that's a fair point - Who would be popular? I seem to remember Ricketts and Mills were well received here, and we all know how the latter panned out.

I think the point I was making was that appointing Keates was probably one of the most unpopular decisions we could have. To most fans he was a known quantity, boring football and he walked out on us at a vital time in the season (and the season then fell to bits.)

I think getting rid would go a long way towards winning some fans back over, and appointing someone that is a breath of fresh air. I go back to Ricketts, he came across as just that.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.42:52.