RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   WST Statement: Retained list postponed (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115673-wst-statement-retained-list-postponed.html)

Rob 9th May 2020 10.43:17

WST Statement: Retained list postponed

[I]
"[B]Retained List 2020[/B]
The next steps for football remain uncertain and currently our staff are furloughed as part of the government’s Job Retention Scheme.

Therefore we are letting supporters know the Club have made the decision to postpone any final decisions on a retained list until such time as there is more certainty on the next steps for football, and we are in a position to return to usual operational activity."[/I]

[url]https://wst.org.uk/wp/?p=1251[/url]

Rhosymedre Red 9th May 2020 10.50:46

Re: WST Statement: Retained list postponed

Chester Takeover

In light of the proposed takeover of Chester FC we have been asked to clarify the process if such an offer was received at Wrexham.

The answer is quite straightforward. A bid for the club could not be accepted under our current rules. Primarily

4.2 upholding the mutual ownership of the Club operating democratically, fairly and transparently.

To accept a bid for the club this rule would need to be overturned by special resolution. A Special Resolution requires a majority of 75% of members and at least 50% of members voting (Rules 51 and 100).

Following this there would need to be a further resolution to wind up the Society and distribute its assets to charitable causes in the local community (rule 105). All of the above would be a decision of the membership of the Society.

Huffy 9th May 2020 13.20:18

[QUOTE=Rhosymedre Red;2357485]Chester Takeover

In light of the proposed takeover of Chester FC we have been asked to clarify the process if such an offer was received at Wrexham.

The answer is quite straightforward. A bid for the club could not be accepted under our current rules. Primarily

4.2 upholding the mutual ownership of the Club operating democratically, fairly and transparently.

To accept a bid for the club this rule would need to be overturned by special resolution. A Special Resolution requires a majority of 75% of members and at least 50% of members voting (Rules 51 and 100).
[B]
Following this there would need to be a further resolution to wind up the Society and distribute its assets to charitable causes in the local community (rule 105). All of the above would be a decision of the membership of the Society.[/B][/QUOTE]

I persume this is a requirement due to the acceptance by HMRC of the arrangements agreed at the time the Trust took over the club?
I know when our local bowls club I am a member of , became a community club (or Cask ) this is the scenario should it ever stop trading or be disposed off - that the assets go to other sports clubs in the immediate area :huh2:
There was a trade off with the rates paid in exchange!
Forgive me if I misread it :)

northwalian dragon 9th May 2020 13.27:58

The longer the retained list is not released the more it gives me hope that Keates will be leaving the club

Foxy 9th May 2020 13.30:14

Keates is furloughed therefore he isn’t allowed to work till the end of June. If he puts out a retained list before then he is breaking the furlough rules.

Quay Red 9th May 2020 13.31:01

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2357541]The longer the retained list is not released the more it gives me hope that Keates will be leaving the club[/QUOTE]

Love the optimism. Here's hoping.

northwalian dragon 9th May 2020 13.35:01

[QUOTE=Foxy;2357542]Keates is furloughed therefore he isn’t allowed to work till the end of June. If he puts out a retained list before then he is breaking the furlough rules.[/QUOTE]

Don’t squash my dreams!

WrexhamO 9th May 2020 13.36:43

[QUOTE=Foxy;2357542]Keates is furloughed therefore he isn’t allowed to work till the end of June. If he puts out a retained list before then he is breaking the furlough rules.[/QUOTE]

He can work for a week and go back on furlough after.

Prodigal Dragon 9th May 2020 14.02:57

Surely, once a contract is expired the players are no longer employees of the club, and therefore should transfer from the furloughed rate (80% or £2,500) on on to Universal Credit?

We should not be offering short term contract extensions just to fiddle the books.

It would be nice to think Keates will be released, but there is no official suggestion to that effect.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.43:42.