Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th May 2020, 18.31:20   #41-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: mold road
Twitter: @

Default Re: depressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by redavid View Post
Perhaps, if they played the youth team to the end of the season
They would still have got at least 5 pts to finish the job off. In fact if the season had finished before all of this, playing the fringe and reserve players to blood them is exactly what I think Klopp would have done once they had secured the title, why risk injuries to key players when you have achieved your aim?
Old 12th May 2020, 19.18:40   #42-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Tech End.

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2357796]

Do fans know that the current board turn down most of its volunteers for no reason?

Another myth with no evidence. Unless you have a few examples of course.
This will soon get added to the list of things to complain about and become another RP "fact"
Old 12th May 2020, 19.29:23   #43-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sleeping giant dies View Post
Does anybody else think that the club is dead but they haven't buried the body yet
We can't be in too good shape with the lease on the ground to pay for.

I certainly think the soul has been sucked out of the club, things have taken their toll now and it's an empty shell in my opinion. Things will come to a head before the end of the year I would have thought one way or another.

I wonder if we will survive or even if there will be enough teams left to form a league. I think a major overhaul of football below Championship level may result from all this. Regional leagues with the clubs that are left.
Old 12th May 2020, 19.30:43   #44-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirral Red View Post

Do fans know that the current board turn down most of its volunteers for no reason?

This will soon get added to the list of things to complain about and become another RP "fact"
I do not have anything to prove to you, I am just passing on what I know.

It does not bother me whether you choose to believe it or not.

If you want more info Wirral Red, you can PM me and I will tell you what I know.
Old 13th May 2020, 00.21:23   #45-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

This is not the club I started supporting, the people in power care about themselves much more than success where it matters.....on the pitch.

It seems less and less focus is given to onfield performances, and more to painting walls of changing rooms, having bilingual announcements, new bar to serve beer, and making PR hashes about training grounds and new stands which are laughable.

Our priorities Have been wrong for a long time and I have zero confidence things will get better without change, which simply won’t happen.

It’s so so so sad, we used to be an example of how to run a Lower league side.

Now Chester are leaving us behind in that regard.
Old 13th May 2020, 10.50:24   #46-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

TO NOTTS RED, uncanny my friend, because i was actually visualising various board members as pigs, you read my mind as well as animal farm
Old 13th May 2020, 14.53:34   #47-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: GUS

[QUOTE=Wirral Red;2358304]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn View Post

So that this 'myth' is not swept away WR, you may not have heard or instead you've chosen to forget it; the club have turned away in its entirety, the Disabled Supporters Association which is a group of volunteers who work tirelessly for and on behalf of Wrexham FCs disabled supporters. One of their 'reasons' was suggesting that the DSA are nothing to do with the club. A blatant lie given that, a) I set up the DSA at the WST Chairman's request and b) the DSA pay their subs annually as a supporters group to the WST like all supporters groups do: therefore, does that suggest that all supporters groups "have nothing to do with the club" too?
Old 14th May 2020, 08.24:39   #48-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn View Post

This is a really good question, thanks for raising it, Wirral.

I suppose it's a matter of trust. There have been numerous people, like terrytactics above, who've posted about offers of volunteering being turned down or not responded to. I can't speak for each and every one of those people, of course, and I'm totally prepared to believe I may have missed something on one of them, perhaps, but as far as I'm aware none of them have any history of being shown to be dishonest.

On the other hand, as the club board mostly sit on the WST board, I'm sure they were aware of the WST claim last week that "We have been made aware of a further Directors loan made by former Chief Executive Don Bircham. This was made by Mr Bircham as the result of a cash flow issue in May 2015. This related to a late payment to the club that season.

Mr Bircham paid the money into our account at the beginning of May and was paid back before the end of the month. The two transactions cancelled each other out and were not picked up at the time."

Don, again not someone with any history of dishonesty as far as I'm aware, has clarified "The loans were made with the support and knowledge of the football board", and that there were actually three loans. To me, it certainly seems the board have lied as recently as last week.

Bearing this in mind, who would you trust?
Old 14th May 2020, 10.07:22   #49-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
This is a really good question, thanks for raising it, Wirral.

I suppose it's a matter of trust. There have been numerous people, like terrytactics above, who've posted about offers of volunteering being turned down or not responded to. I can't speak for each and every one of those people, of course, and I'm totally prepared to believe I may have missed something on one of them, perhaps, but as far as I'm aware none of them have any history of being shown to be dishonest.

On the other hand, as the club board mostly sit on the WST board, I'm sure they were aware of the WST claim last week that "We have been made aware of a further Directors loan made by former Chief Executive Don Bircham. This was made by Mr Bircham as the result of a cash flow issue in May 2015. This related to a late payment to the club that season.

Mr Bircham paid the money into our account at the beginning of May and was paid back before the end of the month. The two transactions cancelled each other out and were not picked up at the time."

Don, again not someone with any history of dishonesty as far as I'm aware, has clarified "The loans were made with the support and knowledge of the football board", and that there were actually three loans. To me, it certainly seems the board have lied as recently as last week.

Bearing this in mind, who would you trust?
I have not had a message off WR. Shame.
Old 14th May 2020, 13.09:55   #50-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrytactics View Post

So that this 'myth' is not swept away WR, you may not have heard or instead you've chosen to forget it; the club have turned away in its entirety, the Disabled Supporters Association which is a group of volunteers who work tirelessly for and on behalf of Wrexham FCs disabled supporters. One of their 'reasons' was suggesting that the DSA are nothing to do with the club. A blatant lie given that, a) I set up the DSA at the WST Chairman's request and b) the DSA pay their subs annually as a supporters group to the WST like all supporters groups do: therefore, does that suggest that all supporters groups "have nothing to do with the club" too?
Oh dear. Who'd of thought Wirral Red would be wrong again.

Ignorance is bliss eh?

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.43:02.