RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Don Bircham Statement RE Club Loans (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115683-don-bircham-statement-re-club-loans.html)

Funny_Old_Game 11th May 2020 09.33:35

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2357911]I miss Don.[/QUOTE]

Looking back he was a proper chairman in effect.

Bagger Vance 11th May 2020 09.40:17

Re: Don Bircham Statement RE Club Loans

Never forget the clearing of the pitch of snow then into the pub for chips and sausage.

Don had leadership qualities. You wanted to do things for him.

Hometown Unicorn 11th May 2020 09.42:52

[QUOTE=Bagger Vance;2357924]Never forget the clearing of the pitch of snow then into the pub for chips and sausage.

Don had leadership qualities. You wanted to do things for him.[/QUOTE]

Now, the board barely even scratch the surface of its volunteer base. Most people are not wanted and they make sure you know that.

northwalian dragon 11th May 2020 09.44:06

“ There had been one other instance prior to this”

Just last week they stated there were no other loans. WST liars.

Who knows what else has gone on

KingBuxton_Forever red 11th May 2020 09.44:27

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2357920]Looking back he was a proper chairman in effect.[/QUOTE]

Its night and day to the situation we have now.

Sure he made mistakes, but people will forgive them if everything else is handled correctly.

Rob 11th May 2020 09.55:01

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2357910]The club had short-term cash-flow problems, which were covered by Don.

The Board knew about them, but they weren’t circulated widely amongst all WST hierarchy.

Thanks to Don for his clarification.

Finally, [B]was there a requirement to circulate this info widely?[/B] If there was, that is a matter for the WST members on the WAFC Board and WST Chairman to resolve. If there was no requirement, then the Board did its job thanks to Don’s largesse.[/QUOTE]

"Requirement" or not appears to be the issue that comes up with people I have spoken to on the topic.

Bircham wanted anonymity as did the lady who did the late 2016 apparently chunky loan. There are ways to keep things anon, but note they occurred.

As I have posted a few times I don't think I can recall anyone saying we should not use cheap/free/easy cashflow loans if required rather than banks or similar.

If fans/directors/banks were not an option the 'sugar daddy' of the WST could also have been used depending how much cash was about, however that would have meant making the issue public for a vote.

A big show is made of presenting more detailed accounting information than most other clubs, and that is based off a desire to inform but probably also a point of principle around the ethos of our model.

A simple line of 'X directors loan facility was available, used and cleared inside the timeframe of these accounts, with full backing of club/trust board' would have sufficed, and I can't see anyone having a genuine beef with that.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 11th May 2020 10.18:54

How long will Pete Jones keep going until resigning?

They need to be careful over on Spirit of 78, don't go upsetting a sponsor of the club and somebody who's been very generous over the years.

Sponsors will be looking to cut costs and sponsorship of Wrexham AFC will be one of the first things to go. Especially a club surrounded with such negativity.

Wreck Sam 11th May 2020 10.31:25

Could possibly Don be the leader that we need now ? I don't know the guy but what are the thoughts of trying to get someone like him back to reverse the decline ?

Answer Release 11th May 2020 11.05:16

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2357920]Looking back he was a proper chairman in effect.[/QUOTE]

Don has minimal football experience which shoots down a few peoples arguments but was certainly an experienced businessman and one who commanded respect.

Lets look at Spencer for example, no football experience, not a businessman in any form and certainly doesn't command respect. I cringe every time he opens his mouth!

I was one of the people clearing the snow off the pitch, would I volunteer in any form now? Absolutely not.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.39:30.