Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th May 2020, 10.43:17   #1-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default WST Statement: Retained list postponed

"Retained List 2020
The next steps for football remain uncertain and currently our staff are furloughed as part of the government’s Job Retention Scheme.

Therefore we are letting supporters know the Club have made the decision to postpone any final decisions on a retained list until such time as there is more certainty on the next steps for football, and we are in a position to return to usual operational activity."

https://wst.org.uk/wp/?p=1251
Old 9th May 2020, 10.50:46   #2-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Default Re: WST Statement: Retained list postponed

Chester Takeover

In light of the proposed takeover of Chester FC we have been asked to clarify the process if such an offer was received at Wrexham.

The answer is quite straightforward. A bid for the club could not be accepted under our current rules. Primarily

4.2 upholding the mutual ownership of the Club operating democratically, fairly and transparently.

To accept a bid for the club this rule would need to be overturned by special resolution. A Special Resolution requires a majority of 75% of members and at least 50% of members voting (Rules 51 and 100).

Following this there would need to be a further resolution to wind up the Society and distribute its assets to charitable causes in the local community (rule 105). All of the above would be a decision of the membership of the Society.
Old 9th May 2020, 13.20:18   #3-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhosymedre Red View Post
Chester Takeover

In light of the proposed takeover of Chester FC we have been asked to clarify the process if such an offer was received at Wrexham.

The answer is quite straightforward. A bid for the club could not be accepted under our current rules. Primarily

4.2 upholding the mutual ownership of the Club operating democratically, fairly and transparently.

To accept a bid for the club this rule would need to be overturned by special resolution. A Special Resolution requires a majority of 75% of members and at least 50% of members voting (Rules 51 and 100).

Following this there would need to be a further resolution to wind up the Society and distribute its assets to charitable causes in the local community (rule 105). All of the above would be a decision of the membership of the Society.
I persume this is a requirement due to the acceptance by HMRC of the arrangements agreed at the time the Trust took over the club?
I know when our local bowls club I am a member of , became a community club (or Cask ) this is the scenario should it ever stop trading or be disposed off - that the assets go to other sports clubs in the immediate area
There was a trade off with the rates paid in exchange!
Forgive me if I misread it
Old 9th May 2020, 13.27:58   #4-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

The longer the retained list is not released the more it gives me hope that Keates will be leaving the club
Old 9th May 2020, 13.30:14   #5-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Keates is furloughed therefore he isn’t allowed to work till the end of June. If he puts out a retained list before then he is breaking the furlough rules.
Old 9th May 2020, 13.31:01   #6-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
The longer the retained list is not released the more it gives me hope that Keates will be leaving the club
Love the optimism. Here's hoping.
Old 9th May 2020, 13.35:01   #7-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Keates is furloughed therefore he isn’t allowed to work till the end of June. If he puts out a retained list before then he is breaking the furlough rules.
Don’t squash my dreams!
Old 9th May 2020, 13.36:43   #8-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
He can work for a week and go back on furlough after.
Old 9th May 2020, 14.02:57   #9-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Surely, once a contract is expired the players are no longer employees of the club, and therefore should transfer from the furloughed rate (80% or £2,500) on on to Universal Credit?

We should not be offering short term contract extensions just to fiddle the books.

It would be nice to think Keates will be released, but there is no official suggestion to that effect.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.03:22.