RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Will football survive Covid-19? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115686-will-football-survive-covid-19-a.html)

ruthinred 17th May 2020 10.04:24

Re: Will football survive Covid-19?

You’ve forgotten Drakefords Traffic Light ‘Plan’ with no provisional timescale :toilet:

I was thinking given the ineptitude of our devolved Government, if a scenario could emerge whereby English Clubs can play and Welsh are still prohibited

Inside Left 17th May 2020 10.12:02

I would agree with the state and competency of the devolved government in Wales. So true that we have people who would struggle to manage county council policies and budgets- Really lightweight individuals.

The same can be said of UK government members - just look at the current education secretary and investigate his background. UK government rot goes back to the Blair / Brown years and add to that certain sections of the comfy civil service and hangers on.

I wonder if the country will come out of this crisis a good deal wiser recognising how badly we have been served. - How does the country restructure its self to have a more effective government ?

Foxy 17th May 2020 10.13:17

[QUOTE=techender;2359078]1. What are the average number of virus tests that the Welsh Labour government carried out per day during this crisis?
2. How many tests have been performed on care home staff?
3. How many protective gowns did the Welsh NHS have in reserve at the start of this crisis?
4. How many shielding letters were sent to the wrong addresses in Wales?

The answers to these questions are:

1. 1,421 per day versus a self imposed target of 9,000. A total of 54,584 people have been tested in Wales, which is about half the number being tested PER DAY in England.
2. By the first week of May, a grand total of 19 care home staff had been tested in Wales. Tests also take over a week to be analysed due to the Welsh governments insistence that they are all sent to Cardiff instead of using more local facilities.
3. Zero. The Welsh government had made no provision whatsoever for protective gowns in their pandemic stockpile.
4. 16,000 letters out of a total of 80,000 where sent to the wrong address.

The Welsh Labour Government have been an unmitigated disaster when it comes to managing this crisis. But that's what you get when you allow councillors to pretend they are politicians and give them decision making powers.

Managing something as extreme as this is bound to result in some problems and errors, but I think our leaders in Cardiff have excelled themselves in getting things wrong. It's easy to stand back and criticise while in opposition, but when you're the one making the decisions, it isn't quite so easy by the looks of things.[/QUOTE]

Tinpot doesn’t even begin to describe them. Lesley Griffiths - a nice lady who would be really good working in a charity shop , but a Cabinet
minister !!! Mind boggling. And some Clowns want them to run everything in an independent Wales. It would be much better if we contracted our political decision making to Berlin.

Inside Left 17th May 2020 13.38:25

[QUOTE=Foxy;2359082]Tinpot doesn’t even begin to describe them. Lesley Griffiths - a nice lady who would be really good working in a charity shop , but a Cabinet
minister !!! Mind boggling. And some Clowns want them to run everything in an independent Wales. It would be much better if we contracted our political decision making to Berlin.[/QUOTE]

Hate to upset you Foxy but I bet they try to avoid elections in May 2021. Reason being the virus. That means they would have been at the tiller for 6 years !

Foxy 17th May 2020 14.12:14

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2359101]Hate to upset you Foxy but I bet they try to avoid elections in May 2021. Reason being the virus. That means they would have been at the tiller for 6 years ![/QUOTE]

I know - they are frit . That’s one of the reasons why they are so cautious now about easing lockdown.

Willywill 17th May 2020 15.07:54

In another to the question, I think football will survive when the present health fears have subsided. Football will hopefully learn hard lessons of not living above it’s means. Perhaps most of the clubs above us are constantly living on overdrafts courtesy of the bank. This is surely folly.
There has always been pressures to succeed in this game, but today it is crazy. The tv income for the premier league is ridiculously high and it presents a ‘winner takes all scenario’. And as for players wage demands, don’t start me off!

davewilli 17th May 2020 17.22:32

[QUOTE=Willywill;2359107]In another to the question, I think football will survive when the present health fears have subsided. Football will hopefully learn hard lessons of not living above it’s means. Perhaps most of the clubs above us are constantly living on overdrafts courtesy of the bank. This is surely folly.
There has always been pressures to succeed in this game, but today it is crazy. The tv income for the premier league is ridiculously high and it presents a ‘winner takes all scenario’. And as for players wage demands, don’t start me off![/QUOTE]

Probably not, I guess the majority of football clubs will live above their means unless they are restricted on some way and even then they will try to find ways around the restrictions. Its the way football is set up with a massive imbalance in funding from top to bottom and the massive rewards in higher leagues, but I suppose the PL clubs would argue they are the ones the millions of armchair fans crave to watch. Clubs and directors want to realise their ambitions and at the end of day, they know the fans will bail them out.

Redordead 17th May 2020 18.02:49

Loving them big German terraces!

Foxy 17th May 2020 18.56:55

[QUOTE=Redordead;2359113]Loving them big German terraces![/QUOTE]

Terraces there if you want them or not. The country has everything we would desire in a modern, functioning, successful and progressive democracy.

But still, there where lots of idiots here doing the conga last Friday because they think that we won a war and are better than the rest of the world. Doing the conga even as we have the highest number of deaths in Europe and still the most authoritarian lockdown. British exceptionalism at work, or rather not working. What a shit show and how embarrassing.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.30:11.