RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Will football survive Covid-19? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115686-will-football-survive-covid-19-a.html)

Funny_Old_Game 13th May 2020 11.10:40

Re: Will football survive Covid-19?

They will definitely be using the Coronavirus excuse to mask their failings. It’ll be the new “at least we’re not Bury” etc.

willyheckerslike 13th May 2020 11.39:23

We're already a dead duck......the Covid-19 pandemic just adds the final serving of orange sauce to the cooked bird!

Lord Derfyl Cadarn 13th May 2020 12.59:08

Football generally bounces back. I remember reading an article years ago after Man City signed Steve Dalley for £1m. Football was in crisis with hooliganism, falling attendances and dilapidated stadiums. The gist of the article was that no club would ever pay £1m for a player again as football was not sustainable. I recall thinking what a load of old twaddle. Football always bounces back.

Wreck Sam 13th May 2020 13.55:07

Not with Keates in charge it wont...

LlayDragon 13th May 2020 15.25:39

I expect football will survive.

Whether people will come back at Wrexham to watch it is another matter.

Quay Red 13th May 2020 15.50:59

Football will bounce back. Fans will return to the Racecourse despite the manager, hierarchy and crap football.
How soon fans can attend will be another matter and leagues 1 & 2 plus non league clubs will find it difficult if not impossible to continue without match day revenue.

Phils-an-alki 13th May 2020 16.07:04

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2358503]I expect football will survive.

Whether people will come back at Wrexham to watch it is another matter.[/QUOTE]

There will be an initial clamour to get back to the Racecourse because everyone has been unexpectedly starved of football.
I suspect though that the clamour will soon die a death when the reality of 'keatesball' hits home. That might take 10 minutes into the first match or a few games I don't think it'll be long.

northwalian dragon 13th May 2020 16.59:16

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2358511]Football will bounce back. Fans will return to the Racecourse despite the manager, hierarchy and crap football [/QUOTE]

Will they? 1200 down on average attendance since Keates returned

Many expressing they won’t be returning without changes

Fans don’t support the club home and away for 40+ years based just off poor results and bad performances

sparky 13th May 2020 18.11:10

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2358429]I'm surprised he's got the nerve to still post after the complete fool he made of himself on here recently.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. What a truly abhorrent individual. The fact that he and his ilk own the club makes it worse.

Still, credit where credit is due, they have played the long game and have come out on top. They must be delighted with how it's gone.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.58:39.