Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th May 2020, 11.48:30   #37-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Will football survive Covid-19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
I am assuming you have ‘part owner of Wrexham FC’ on your twitter bio
Not on twitter so your assumption is 100% wrong
Old 14th May 2020, 11.50:43   #38-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Probably got a tattoo of it as well.

Imagine being that brain washed?
You just love abusing fellow Wrexham fans don't you ?
Old 14th May 2020, 12.15:27   #39-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM Red View Post
You just love abusing fellow Wrexham fans don't you ?
How on earth do you think that's abuse? What a drama queen.
Old 14th May 2020, 12.21:50   #40-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM Red View Post
Grasp all of that thanks. Almost everything you have said is about the way the club is run not about ownership. There needs to be changes in the way the club is run. I would agree with some of your criticism.

So when it boils down to it do you want private ownership or supporter ownership ? There are alternatives in between 51/49 etc. So which is your preferred option ?
Nope you said we were owners. We are not. Glad you've come round though.
Used to think fan ownership was the way but now I don't think it can work. I may be wrong but our model is utterly flawed in its current form. Not enough fans buy into it and not enough vote on resolutions and that won't change. Your average everyday fans just wants to watch games.

Fans who think that all private owners are crooks need to look at nearly every other league club and have a rethink.

The evidence is that private ownership is by far the most successful way. 50/50 might work too. I'm open to anything bar carrying on as we are.
Old 14th May 2020, 14.10:12   #41-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
"Owned by Wrexham Supporters"

Didn't think there was anyone left who actually believed this WST propaganda. Wakey wakey

The WST or to be more precise, Pete coaches and his band of cronies have taken us backwards and we're becoming more and more like Chester as each week and scandal passes.

WST is slowly turning us into Chester. Give yourselves a pat on the back chaps.
Cannot understand why being like Chester is wrong?. I believe that both of our clubs are going to be stronger than many at our levels at the end of all of this.
As I have stated to a few of our fans. '' getting rid of the board at this time would be the worst thing we could do'' The infighting at your club is just as it is at ours.
You really need to go into 'survival mode' in the current climate Coronavirus and the implications of it is the biggest danger to every club outside of the Prem at the moment. The way things are in the EFL right now you are probably better off where you are. Truthfully, in- fighting is not helping you any more than it is us at Chester
Old 14th May 2020, 16.44:56   #42-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Used to think fan ownership was the way but now I don't think it can work. I may be wrong but our model is utterly flawed in its current form. Not enough fans buy into it and not enough vote on resolutions and that won't change. Your average everyday fans just wants to watch games.

Fans who think that all private owners are crooks need to look at nearly every other league club and have a rethink.

The evidence is that private ownership is by far the most successful way. 50/50 might work too. I'm open to anything bar carrying on as we are.
I’m thinking that If the WST maintain full control of WST assets Ltd then that safeguards the racecourse lease and the WST can bill the club on a cost recovery / zero profit basis.
We could then look for some duality in the ownership of Wrexham FC with the Trust owning 50% and one or a collection of private partners owning the other 50%. This gives us some commercial thinking, new ideas and two parties to check each other’s impulses as well as challenge each other’s thinking. The WST maintaining ownership of 50% provides a reasonable security blanket over the future of the club.
I see this solution as giving us the best of both worlds.
Old 14th May 2020, 16.48:32   #43-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Quote:

Some meaningful debate at last.

AFC Wimbledon and Exeter City both supporter owned. Got promoted back to the League with a fan base smaller than ours. Both well run by an excellent Chief Executive.

There are more crooks out there than you think and as Henry 8 points out Chester nearly got another one. You have to factor in owners who use company money to fund a club and then go down the pan when the company flounders. A number of owners put money in against the land value of the stadium so they are to be avoided as well ! Genuine fans with a enough money to buy and fund a football club are thin on the ground imo.

I still think most of your issues are about how well run we are given your reply. That can be changed without selling to someone who does not care about the club as much as you do. A decent CEO would be a great start.
Old 14th May 2020, 16.51:53   #44-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Going back to the title of the thread - there is swab data from England that indicates one in four hundred people is infected.

Stats is more complex, but it gives an idea of how perceptions could be... would you go to a game with a crowd of 4,000 with those odds?

Further, if there were people infected such crowds could be a quick transmission method.
Old 14th May 2020, 16.54:48   #45-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Going back to the title of the thread - there is swab data from England that indicates one in four hundred people is infected.

Stats is more complex, but it gives an idea of how perceptions could be... would you go to a game with a crowd of 4,000 with those odds?

Further, if there were people infected such crowds could be a quick transmission method.
Yes definitely., as Im neither old or vulnerable

At some point, we’re going to have to leave choices to individuals rather than this blanket ban on everything

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.48:25.