Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th May 2020, 23.51:02   #55-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end
Twitter: @

Default Re: Will football survive Covid-19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM Red View Post
The club is owned by Wrexham supporters. So are you saying that about everyone ?
No it isn’t.
Old 14th May 2020, 23.54:13   #56-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
I'd rather restart at the bottom of the English pyramid than the p1sstake that's the Welsh Premier .
Atfter family and friends Wrexham Football club is the most important thing in my life, but if we went into the Welsh pyramid it wouldn’t mean anything to me, it would cease to exist.
Old 15th May 2020, 08.05:44   #57-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Yes. The virus is highly unlikely to transmit outdoors, and the vast majority of people are fine with it. The chances of something happening are much less than if I smoked heavily, drank all day long, and eat unhealthy food. People have got this bug completely out of perspective, partly because they lack common sense and intelligence and partly because government and media have spent the last 8 weeks creating a fear factor. People need to get a grip and stop shrieking “stay home stay safe” .
With respect foxy could it be you lacking intelligence and common sense in what you just said.

This area has got away lightly so far but in just a matter of weeks there is over700 hundred confirmed cases across Wrexham and Flintshire and over 100 of them are dead.

Considering we have been in lockdown during that time and they only test those admitted to hospital what do you reckon the numbers would be if football, shops
pubs etc were still open and nothing had of been done to stop the spread?
Old 15th May 2020, 09.03:12   #58-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: none given

Posters who take this with a pinch of salt as I have just read some of the posts are playing russian roulette with people's lives. Lockdown is the only answer England in a month's time will be over run with Covid19 cases it's now all about the economy and nothing else so government in England are willing to let people die. The time will come next year to lift the lockdown as I hope will happen in Wales. Stay Home Save Lives.
Old 15th May 2020, 09.15:53   #59-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Massive

Steve and Bowler - feel free to lockdown yourselves forever if it makes you feel better

Life has to go on with adaquete social distancing & precautions ,

Catching Covid will be another one of the multitude of calculated risks we take every day

Accept your own mortality but dont let it stop you from Living
Old 15th May 2020, 09.23:38   #60-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Have a look at a company called Avacta plc , it's just released an RNS this morning , great potential here , working on tests and pos vaccines to come , and it's British .
Old 15th May 2020, 09.43:34   #61-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
With respect foxy could it be you lacking intelligence and common sense in what you just said.

This area has got away lightly so far but in just a matter of weeks there is over700 hundred confirmed cases across Wrexham and Flintshire and over 100 of them are dead.

Considering we have been in lockdown during that time and they only test those admitted to hospital what do you reckon the numbers would be if football, shops
pubs etc were still open and nothing had of been done to stop the spread?
I see your point but your point, but it’s an absolutist point. Using this logic nothing will reopen ever. No football, no schools, no factories, nothing.

Covid will always be around, and we Will have to to judge the risks. The example given by Rob was 1:400. Using this example there is a 400-1 chance of me getting it at the Racecourse; actually much longer odds than that because Rob’s stats are based on a two week sample , so on any one day there would be fewer infected. So perhaps the odds are 600-1 , maybe more. I might catch those odds and get it. There is the. a fair chance that I have no symptoms. The most likely scenario is mild symptoms. The odds on it being severe are very very long.

I know what you will say - I could pass it on to someone else who might become really ill. Well yes, but the overall odds on me getting it and then passing it onto someone else who becomes really ill are extraordinarily long. In fact, 1:400 is probably much less risky for public health than attending a match during an average winter flu season.

As a society we have to move away from absolutism on this and logically balance risks both in terms of public policy making and also individualised choice.

PS - the odds I have given should be even longer , because it assumes the one person in 400 will automatically give it to someone that could be me. What if they wear a face mask ? What if they sit away from anyone (really easy at the racecourse ) or what if I sit away from the crowd ? What if Wrexham play a rip roaring game and come from 2-0 behind to win 3-2 in the last minute and everyone hugs and shouts ? Or much more likely, what if it’s a turgid 1-0 defeat and we all slump quietly into our chairs ?

Last edited by Foxy; 15th May 2020 at 09.48:05..
Old 15th May 2020, 09.58:58   #62-0 (permalink)
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthinred View Post
Steve and Bowler - feel free to lockdown yourselves forever if it makes you feel better

Life has to go on with adaquete social distancing & precautions ,

Catching Covid will be another one of the multitude of calculated risks we take every day

Accept your own mortality but dont let it stop you from Living
So god forbid you ever caught this killer you think it was a chance worth taking. Speak for yourself mate and hope your immune system is up to it or your another statistic in the rising mortality rate.
Old 15th May 2020, 10.07:37   #63-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post
So god forbid you ever caught this killer you think it was a chance worth taking. Speak for yourself mate and hope your immune system is up to it or your another statistic in the rising mortality rate.
Dramatic. Its only a killer for a small percentage of people. The stats are being skewed because covid-19 is being blamed as the cause of many deaths in hospitals when in fact it is not.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.46:29.