Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th May 2020, 14.37:55   #41-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Open Letter Handed In

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
People generally don't think Spencer is the only person who can do this. They're unwilling to support things until they know who the proposed new people will be. Basic human psychology - better the devil you know.
It's a sound principle in theory

However, Spencer Harris remaining at the club will lead to many of our supporters not returning to the club. It's as simple as that with logic of the open letter. Better the devil you know doesn't apply when so many have expressed that they won't be returning

Is it better to have a divided fanbase, toxic racecourse, huge losses in income from alienated supporters and an uncertain/dangerous future for the club?
Old 19th May 2020, 15.00:40   #42-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Hardly - they are questions that need answering. Appreciate that will happen with the AGM etc but that's where most floaters will be. They need someone positive to latch onto at the same time.
you are part of the problem at this club, someone who supports failure,good look with that
Old 19th May 2020, 15.08:52   #43-0 (permalink)
LWR
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sear View Post
you are part of the problem at this club, someone who supports failure,good look with that
How did you get that from what Cardiff Red said???

He's merely pointing out that the movement would have more support, if there was someone waiting in the wings to take over.
Old 19th May 2020, 15.46:38   #44-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Can anyone seriously see Harris and co leaving . I don’t think they will it’s one huge ego trip which is destroying the club and split the fan base
Old 19th May 2020, 15.48:14   #45-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by sear View Post
I think this is the wrong conclusion.

CardiffRed is trying to explain why many will not support ejecting Spencer Harris and the others unless suitable replacements and an alternative set of objectives are given.

Most want change. However, bringing it about safely, efficiently and effectively is quite a tricky act to master.
Old 19th May 2020, 15.49:37   #46-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef1 View Post
Can anyone seriously see Harris and co leaving . I don’t think they will it’s one huge ego trip which is destroying the club and split the fan base
I think that the threat of losing a vote of 'No Confidence' would be the best way to convince them their time is up.
Old 19th May 2020, 16.27:27   #47-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2359420]I think that the threat of losing a vote of 'No Confidence' would be the best way to convince them their time is up.[/QUOTED
Does a WST member have to propose a Vote of no confidence or is the process more convoluted then that ?
Old 19th May 2020, 16.41:04   #48-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
People generally don't think Spencer is the only person who can do this. They're unwilling to support things until they know who the proposed new people will be. Basic human psychology - better the devil you know.
Things need to change at the club, including a few of the personalities at the top who should recognise they have had their go, but to be fair this comment is spot on.
Old 19th May 2020, 17.02:18   #49-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  

[QUOTE=Rob Edwards;2359423]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
I think that the threat of losing a vote of 'No Confidence' would be the best way to convince them their time is up.[/QUOTED
Does a WST member have to propose a Vote of no confidence or is the process more convoluted then that ?
Cannot see why any member could not raise it for the AGM, but it would probably fail to reach the 75% margin required.
Old 19th May 2020, 17.39:48   #50-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
It's a sound principle in theory

However, Spencer Harris remaining at the club will lead to many of our supporters not returning to the club. It's as simple as that with logic of the open letter. Better the devil you know doesn't apply when so many have expressed that they won't be returning

Is it better to have a divided fanbase, toxic racecourse, huge losses in income from alienated supporters and an uncertain/dangerous future for the club?
I'm not advocating the current board stay any longer than i take to eat my tea, but with the staff furloughed who would run the club once they depart?

Are there any provisions in the WST make up to allow somebody to step to run club as interim club board or would the club secretary take over fro an interim period to allow for elections

I agree with cardiffred - better the devil you know than the devil you don't, even better the devil you know than a space vacuum.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.37:41.