Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th May 2020, 20.13:47   #55-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Open Letter Handed In

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUMBS View Post
Yes 3pmsat continually shows support for an out of touch out of ideas out of ability out of excuses out of touch with reality out of touch with supporters out of touch with actual football nous . It's quite amazing why he goes on about them just needing a bit of help , still trying to see if there's anything in it for him . Need a new board with new ideas and ability to see ahead with the right footballing set up / Manager . As the interest on this BB is seemingly showing less interest as days go by .
No quite the opposite I have been been advocating 100% a new focus and set up of all things football. It is exactly what OI have criticised the board for. Football stuff is woeful. I want a Dof or a sporting director. I want us toi have young in touch football person making us modern and defend-able with our football strategy.

Its not "a bit of help" leave him and the rest completely away from football decisions.
Old 20th May 2020, 20.15:56   #56-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2359512]If you feel it’s a waste of time that’s fine I can either sit on red passion and moan constantly or I can try and push for the changes I’d like to see so should everyone else given the state of the club at present

But you are doing effectively just that or exactly that really. There is nothing in in the letter bar axing a few individuals.

The WST themselves stressed how important renewed support is

I will renew my support for the club. We are in a global pandemic and the club I love is on the ropes the same as most clubs in our league. Now is the time where we do support the club. Not Spencer or Gavin or any other individuals its bigger than that, but Wrexham AFC. That said it can also be the time for change, they can go hand in hand. rarely are things black or white just shades of grey.

The AGM has not been scheduled and will be complicated to put together

Yes complicated to do but needs doing and will be. Just because its complicated or hard doesnt mean it wont happen. Complicated and hard is what saved our club

Out of interest why would Spencer being removed from the board be dangerous? I’m just curious to know his specific skill sets and why them being removed would threaten the future of the club?

I think any football decisions should be taken from him but hes obviously involved at an executive level with the future plans for the Racecourse, the Training Ground and various grant funding opportunities. Hes a smart lad who works as hard as anyone I have ever met. I will keep on saying it that he shouldn't make another football decision but apart from that we are lucky to have him.

To me having him remain and having boycotts, apathy and a refusal to put money in by many of our supporters is far far more dangerous

Tell me 3 non football things he (I assume you are rounding on Spencer) has done wrong? Not that you maybe disagree with but tactical errors with the business?

submit AGM Resolutions...

Last edited by 3pmsaturday; 20th May 2020 at 20.28:47..
Old 20th May 2020, 20.48:16   #57-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pmsaturday View Post
I will renew my support for the club. We are in a global pandemic and the club I love is on the ropes the same as most clubs in our league. Now is the time where we do support the club. Not Spencer or Gavin or any other individuals its bigger than that, but Wrexham AFC. That said it can also be the time for change, they can go hand in hand. rarely are things black or white just shades of grey.
Many industries and many other fantastic assets for the community of Wrexham are also on the ropes. I won't be renewing my season ticket after 17 years without change happening first. We're living in a world where money is tight. I haven't enjoyed being at the racecourse since Keates came back. I'm not going to carry on paying money and wasting my Saturdays for something I don't enjoy. There are many other worthwhile things to put money into in Wrexham and North Wales. The club feels alien to me and no longer stands for the reasons why I fell in love with the club in the first place. I'd much rather spend my money on the independent art scene in Wrexham for sticking to its principles, for having self-respect and self-pride and for not alienating their supporters/customers. Same goes for live music

There are many fans I know who have given up. Some followed the town home and away for 40 years but Keates returning was the final straw. Some were so passionate they'd get the bus down to places like Torquay and Bournemouth on their own but now won't even go down the road to the Racecourse

You may renew your support regardless but many many won't and that is hugely dangerous

Quote:
Yes complicated to do but needs doing and will be. Just because its complicated or hard doesnt mean it wont happen. Complicated and hard is what saved our club
I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm saying the club is in a dangerous situation and we don't know when the AGM will be. So the need for change some come as soon as possible - not holding off for months whilst our financial situation continues to worsen and we creep towards the rent being due

Quote:
I think any football decisions should be taken from him but hes obviously involved at an executive level with the future plans for the Racecourse, the Training Ground and various grant funding opportunities. Hes a smart lad who works as hard as anyone I have ever met. I will keep on saying it that he shouldn't make another football decision but apart from that we are lucky to have him.
But you haven't named how the lack of his specific skillset, that no one else on the board must have, would lead to the club being in a danger of going out of existance. Can you explain why you think that would be the case? Because I just don't see your logic at all sorry

Quote:
Tell me 3 non football things he (I assume you are rounding on Spencer) has done wrong? Not that you maybe disagree with but tactical errors with the business?
Well you see that's an odd thing to ask anyway, as we're a football club. It's like asking for criticism of a financial advisor, but you're not allowed to mention the poor financial advice.

We're a football club, 90% of the performance criteria should be football.
Old 20th May 2020, 21.01:29   #58-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Tactical errors with the business?? Your on a wind up surely . The myth the fan owned well run club gets unravelled week on week and surely the business decisions are mainly about the results on the pitch which have been gash for years . We had a windfall or 2 they blew it , I can’t think of any major decisions they have actually got right . Like it or not fans who have been going home away 20/30/40 years are now boycotting and you think it’s going to get better while this board is in charge. They should be coming to us and telling us what they are going to do to change things
Old 21st May 2020, 10.05:10   #59-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
Many industries and many other fantastic assets for the community of Wrexham are also on the ropes. I won't be renewing my season ticket after 17 years without change happening first. We're living in a world where money is tight. I haven't enjoyed being at the racecourse since Keates came back. I'm not going to carry on paying money and wasting my Saturdays for something I don't enjoy. There are many other worthwhile things to put money into in Wrexham and North Wales. The club feels alien to me and no longer stands for the reasons why I fell in love with the club in the first place. I'd much rather spend my money on the independent art scene in Wrexham for sticking to its principles, for having self-respect and self-pride and for not alienating their supporters/customers. Same goes for live music

There are many fans I know who have given up. Some followed the town home and away for 40 years but Keates returning was the final straw. Some were so passionate they'd get the bus down to places like Torquay and Bournemouth on their own but now won't even go down the road to the Racecourse

You may renew your support regardless but many many won't and that is hugely dangerous

I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm saying the club is in a dangerous situation and we don't know when the AGM will be. So the need for change some come as soon as possible - not holding off for months whilst our financial situation continues to worsen and we creep towards the rent being due

But you haven't named how the lack of his specific skillset, that no one else on the board must have, would lead to the club being in a danger of going out of existance. Can you explain why you think that would be the case? Because I just don't see your logic at all sorry

Well you see that's an odd thing to ask anyway, as we're a football club. It's like asking for criticism of a financial advisor, but you're not allowed to mention the poor financial advice.

So just to go through your points and to paraphrase we need a structure that matches defined skill sets to jobs within the club and the most important thing is football.

So the Trust are looking to re-organise and have requested opinions on that, on a practical interface for getting the right people in the right roles with the right checks and balances. One of those roles has to be football.

Done.
Old 21st May 2020, 10.21:51   #60-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Maybe so that they look for change , but you can bet your life that there are specifically two posts that under no circumstance will they want changed , people know who these two are , and similar on the football side too , no way anything there will change . It's just tweeking around the edges they want .
Old 21st May 2020, 10.33:37   #61-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
So just to go through your points and to paraphrase we need a structure that matches defined skill sets to jobs within the club and the most important thing is football.

So the Trust are looking to re-organise and have requested opinions on that, on a practical interface for getting the right people in the right roles with the right checks and balances. One of those roles has to be football.

Done.
You still haven’t stated how removing Spencer Harris from the board would be dangerous for the club

How does removing Spencer’s skillset, that no one else must possess, threaten the future of the club?
Old 21st May 2020, 10.34:50   #62-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

Nailed it. And this is where 3PMsaturday feeble argument comes crashing down and why he can't and won't answer it.

See how brain washed some fans have become and how easily fooled they are? Years of being told the same thing over and over and they now believe its gospel (that we're a well run club 'off the field) despite all the evidence that's says otherwise.

WST fans, not Wrexham AFC fans.
Old 21st May 2020, 13.02:42   #63-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
You still haven’t stated how removing Spencer Harris from the board would be dangerous for the club

How does removing Spencer’s skillset, that no one else must possess, threaten the future of the club?
You are asking me why he should keep his volunteer role at the club? I have stated that he can work at an executive level with stakeholders and partners within local and National Government to push through the brilliant strides in our goal of a new kop and training facilities. A massive work ethic and of course his expertise taken from his day job at a senior level within HR within a global organisation.

I ask you why would you remove him though? On what grounds (bar football which I dont want him anywhere near ever again)?

No we need additional people on the board. I want to see those changes to the Structure meaning only those properly qualified for their roles are given the executive responsibility.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.35:28.