Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st May 2020, 13.15:37   #64-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Open Letter Handed In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Nailed it. And this is where 3PMsaturday feeble argument comes crashing down and why he can't and won't answer it.

See how brain washed some fans have become and how easily fooled they are? Years of being told the same thing over and over and they now believe its gospel (that we're a well run club 'off the field) despite all the evidence that's says otherwise.

WST fans, not Wrexham AFC fans.
It just doesn't though as that's my argument. I have been going on and on we need a DoF or Sporting Director on the Board. I'm not blindly supporting or "being fooled". We are not fit for purpose on the football side which is ridiculous. We have no plan and no structure about what we are doing. We appoint managers with no football knowledge employed in the decision. We then just give them the budget and tell them to get on with it. They do ok for 3 months then they get poached. Its a shit plan that hasnt worked and desperately needs changing. The board have failed massively in this area.

That said they should be complimented with football knowledge not replaced without a proper structure to ensure that doesnt happen again.
Old 21st May 2020, 13.23:30   #65-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pmsaturday View Post
You are asking me why he should keep his volunteer role at the club? I have stated that he can work at an executive level with stakeholders and partners within local and National Government to push through the brilliant strides in our goal of a new kop and training facilities. A massive work ethic and of course his expertise taken from his day job at a senior level within HR within a global organisation.

I ask you why would you remove him though? On what grounds (bar football which I dont want him anywhere near ever again)?

No we need additional people on the board. I want to see those changes to the Structure meaning only those properly qualified for their roles are given the executive responsibility.
Yes that is what I'm asking given the animosity, apathy, toxic atmosphere and desire for change amongst large aspects of our fanbase

None of what you have stated apply to what you said though. You stated that removing Spencers skillset is dangerous for the club. How so?

A new Kop is not needed for us to survive, a training ground that won't be fit for purpose is not needed for us to survive.

Even if they were needed to survive, you're saying that no one could do what Spencer has done and without him on the board WCBC, Welsh Assembley, Glyndwr Uni would refuse to continue without him? (as if he has acted alone in these projects anyway)

The main reason for him being removed is the huge demand for it. How much is Spencer worth in lost income?

Again you're saying on what grounds bar football. We. Are. A. Football. Club.

You reference Spencers HR expertise which would include a skillset of recruitment and employee policies. Our recruitment has been consistently terrible. The last 3 appointments alone were beyond any logic and that's without any benefit of hindsight. Given the allegations of misconduct, the club board hiding loans from the WST board, allowing senior players to undermine and abuse Kevin Wilkin, not implementing what the membership voted for, the disgraceful treatment of the DSA etc. etc. I'm not so sure those HR skills in employee policies are working out very well

But regardless of all of that, you still haven't stated how Spencer leaving is dangerous to the future of the club
Old 21st May 2020, 13.30:39   #66-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Is it now 9 seasons Harris has had , if he can't get anything right in 9 seasons there's no chance . How many CEO's would get 9 years to fail continually , he's not even getting any better at it . Staggering .
Old 21st May 2020, 13.51:48   #67-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
You are asking me why he should keep his volunteer role at the club? I have stated that he can work at an executive level with stakeholders and partners within local and National Government to push through the brilliant strides in our goal of a new kop and training facilities. A massive work ethic and of course his expertise taken from his day job at a senior level within HR within a global organisation.

I ask you why would you remove him though? On what grounds (bar football which I dont want him anywhere near ever again)?

No we need additional people on the board. I want to see those changes to the Structure meaning only those properly qualified for their roles are given the executive responsibility.
Sometimes to rebuild the trust of customers a company needs to make a sacrifice of an executive or more commonly the executive makes that sacrifice themselves because they understand its needed.

Once trust hits a certain level with shareholders or customers then change is needed as a show that you mean to restore that trust. Its never healthy to over stay a welcome, it rarely comes good.

Sometimes words and promises just aren't enough.
Old 21st May 2020, 19.18:22   #68-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post
Sometimes to rebuild the trust of customers a company needs to make a sacrifice of an executive or more commonly the executive makes that sacrifice themselves because they understand its needed.

Once trust hits a certain level with shareholders or customers then change is needed as a show that you mean to restore that trust. Its never healthy to over stay a welcome, it rarely comes good.

Sometimes words and promises just aren't enough.
I 100% think he should drop his football czar role, resign from that part of the job. Announce they will look to appoint someone under the new structure that they are looking to create and move forward. He has failed miserably at that side of things. The have to sort the football direction out, Spencer has to be relived of that responsibility ASAP but only when they have someone who can actually do the role.
Old 21st May 2020, 19.46:54   #69-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

I 100% support the need for change.

Though I did not sign the letter because it seemed personal to me, demanding the removal of two specific directors and I didn't feel that was the best way of going about this.

I continue to feel very concerned there are divisions emerging between our fan base and like many others am concerned the effect this could have on our great club.

I also agree if we seek change and improvement in our fortunes as a football club then as lifelong fans of the club we can not do nothing.

However, for this change to be achieved in a positive effective manner, is in my view reliant on, debate, conversation, the ability to listen, transparency, empathy and compassion from both sides. This the only way we can all move forward.

While there is any resentment anger and frustration on either side, I think the end result will not be a good one for our great club.

I did once receive an email from a board member whose tone did upset me, especially as he knew my family had donated £5K to the club under trust ownership, but at the end of the day I still think our club is far greater than him or any one individual and so have no desire to even worry about it.

I do admire NWD for having the energy to do this. Energy and commitment is a really big thing in life and am equally sure this exists among the board members and staff members of our club too.

I also think NWD's customised club logo with the football having been deflated is very apt. That is the direct common ground with 3pm Saturday. Something they both agree on whole heartedly. They both want better football, a more successful football team. To get Wrexham back to where we once were, in times gone by.

I think we can all agree on that and having something we agree on is actually how we can move forward, rather than focusing on the things we don't agree on.
Old 21st May 2020, 19.58:30   #70-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:

Are you putting yourself up for election northwalian dragon? You sound like you have a lot to offer.
Old 21st May 2020, 21.35:02   #71-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
I 100% think he should drop his football czar role, resign from that part of the job. Announce they will look to appoint someone under the new structure that they are looking to create and move forward. He has failed miserably at that side of things. The have to sort the football direction out, Spencer has to be relived of that responsibility ASAP but only when they have someone who can actually do the role.
Agree with the requirement but removing someone’s chief role due to failure and handing it to someone else who has to carry on working with the person can cause problems. It’s often better to just make it nice and clean. One out one in to give the new person freedom to operate. It’s a bit brutal and leaves no room for sentiment but would likely give your new person the best chance of success.

Spencer lost the football staff in one meeting when he asked them to blow the ball in the net - I felt for him, he just can’t talk on the level required to engage them
Old 22nd May 2020, 07.44:48   #72-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post
Agree with the requirement but removing someone’s chief role due to failure and handing it to someone else who has to carry on working with the person can cause problems. It’s often better to just make it nice and clean. One out one in to give the new person freedom to operate. It’s a bit brutal and leaves no room for sentiment but would likely give your new person the best chance of success.

Spencer lost the football staff in one meeting when he asked them to blow the ball in the net - I felt for him, he just can’t talk on the level required to engage them
There is a dangerous kind of person in all aspects of life and business. Those that think they know what they are talking about as they don’t have a real concept of the scale of the topic through ignorance.

Business has taught me to listen at all times to experts if I can. With football I know enough to know I don’t know that much. Unfortunately very many don’t get to that level of knowledge to have an understanding of the complexity of a situation to know their limits.

I also see a lot of this going on with the demand change thing, whilst some of the stuff I agree with it’s lightweight and doesn’t look at the basics of operating of the club or the challenges of recruiting replacements of suitable calibre to serve on the club board. I wouldn’t have anyone on there that didn’t do a similar level role (or had done if recently retired) in their working life. I want to see additions and people approaches and courted within a set structure of requirements. This I hope is what the trust are doing now.

As for the working with someone I can see that in some organisations but I feel if this is a somewhat different situation and if Spencer couldn’t do that he could then walk. That football role is the 100% priority at the moment and I hope for evermore. It’s played second fiddle for too long.

Last edited by 3pmsaturday; 22nd May 2020 at 07.49:25..
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.54:52.