RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   WST Weekly Update 15/05/20 (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115697-wst-weekly-update-15-05-20-a.html)

louisleftboot 16th May 2020 12.49:39

Re: WST Weekly Update 15/05/20

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2358991]It's pretty much been abandoned.

Half a dozen posts this week, most by me.

Nothing to see there.[/QUOTE]

I’ve had an account since the start but not been able to log in for a few months. Assumed it was problems with the site, but if you’ve been able to get on then it’s obviously me!

It was never a hive of activity and never really saw any slagging off of anybody. I do believe there was another secret forum that predates SO78. Unless they wiped the history of it when I signed up.

Mostly Mike Hughes and few others who are well known on twitter etc, just comments on the footy and a more positive outlook than most.

Huffy 16th May 2020 14.02:37

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2359008]I’ve had an account since the start but not been able to log in for a few months. Assumed it was problems with the site, but if you’ve been able to get on then it’s obviously me!

It was never a hive of activity and never really saw any slagging off of anybody. I do believe there was another secret forum that predates SO78. Unless they wiped the history of it when I signed up.

Mostly Mike Hughes and few others who are well known on twitter etc, just comments on the footy and a more positive outlook than most.[/QUOTE]

Well there you go ! An honest and accurate summmary of what the other group is IMO!
A forum that you need to pay to join (I think its 2 or 3 quid or something derisory ,puts most off as they like it for nothing !) So if you cant pay the joining fee for a forum that has been a problem logging into most of the time for everyone ,esp if you are on a phone- then yes its secret !:)

But lets not have any nonsense about it being a den of activists ,a subversive place inhabited by WST zealots because it really is not !!!
Its more of a home from home from some of the madness and stuff elsewhere , be that here or Facie Fanschat , which I am usually better off not reading

Wink Martindale 16th May 2020 15.12:53

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2358989]Reminds me of Germany circa 1933.[/QUOTE]

How on earth can you compare unrest at a football club to Germany in the 1930's?

Think before you post such thougthtless, insensitive drivel 😠

louisleftboot 16th May 2020 15.23:04

[QUOTE=Wink Martindale;2359023]How on earth can you compare unrest at a football club to Germany in the 1930's?

Think before you post such thougthtless, insensitive drivel 😠[/QUOTE]

First they came for the non-league football fans...

andy buckley 16th May 2020 15.45:36

I see the leader have added a number to the amount received stating that the club got 1414,32.32!! Unless our wage bill has shot up

griff49 16th May 2020 16.30:55

[QUOTE=Wink Martindale;2359023]How on earth can you compare unrest at a football club to Germany in the 1930's?

Think before you post such thougthtless, insensitive drivel 😠

Completely agree.. As for the Brecht quote there is no
comparison. Now if you were talking about the present uk government I may have sympathy.
The nazi regime was an evil, vicious and corrupt regime. It would have already locked up many of the posters on
here. ]

Rob Edwards 18th May 2020 12.32:31

Hope appropriate person realises that this Wednesday is the submission deadline to ensure the furlough grant is received by end of May.

TopCornerFergie 18th May 2020 13.57:42

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2359008]
It was never a hive of activity and never really saw any slagging off of anybody. I do believe there was another secret forum that predates SO78. Unless they wiped the history of it when I signed up.[/QUOTE]

There was Philly, that I was a part of for a time. It was pretty good to be fair. I was expecting to join and see threads of CCTV footage of Colin Poole, and photocopies of Steph Booth's supermarket receipts; but actually it was just a smaller group of fans discussing club issues. A less 'noisy' forum to put your ideas across.

There was also more concerted efforts to organise meetings, and put together more constructive opposition to issues within the Club.

The admins did thrive on the fact that it was "secret", so there were a few wind-ups about what went on, spearheaded by CarlDouglas amongst others which were funny.

Phils-an-alki 18th May 2020 14.07:34

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2358991]It's pretty much been abandoned.

Half a dozen posts this week, most by me.

Nothing to see there.[/QUOTE]

And Mike Hughes is posting on there which must put loads of people off.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.47:47.